Wikileaks promises release 7 times bigger than Iraq War Logs
IDG News Service - Wikileaks has promised to release a load of information seven times bigger than the Iraq War Logs, which raised the Internet group's profile around the world and caused some nations to take notice of the issue of leaks of top-secret documents online.
In a note on Twitter, Wikileaks said, "Next release is 7x the size of the Iraq War Logs. Intense pressure over it for months," and asked supporters to continue donating to the cause.
Wikileaks made global headlines this year by releasing hundreds of thousands of classified U.S. war documents about actions in Iraq and Afghanistan, called the Iraq War Logs and Afghan War Diary. Since then, the group has alleged harassment by government organizations from the U.S. Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) to the Swedish police. Wikileaks' main servers are located in Sweden.
The District Court in Stockholm last Thursday decided to detain Wikileaks founder Julian Assange, "on probable cause suspected of rape, sexual molestation and unlawful coercion."
An attorney for Assange, Mark Stephens of law firm Finers Stephens Innocent, indicated in a statement that Assange had been falsely accused and said the original prosecutor, Eva Finne, dismissed the investigation. He said the case was raised again after intervention by a Swedish politician.
Wikileaks did not say what the new release of information would be about.
The group also sent out Twitter messages urging supporters to "Keep us strong," as it works to put out the new information.
- Best iPhone, iPad Business Apps for 2014
- 14 Tech Conventions You Should Attend in 2014
- 10 Desktop Apps to Power Your Windows PC
- How to Add New Job Skills Without Going Back to School
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- IDC Report: The Future of eMail is Social This paper discusses the changing nature of collaboration and work fueled by the social Web by examining current email trends and the emergence...
- The Business of Social Business Social business represents a significant transformational opportunity for organizations. Read this whitepaper to learn more.
- Six Ways Your Small Business Can Save with Internet Phone Service Traditional phone systems present two main problems for businesses: limited features and high costs. As a result, small businesses are migrating to Internet...
Red Hat Enterprise Linux - The Original Cloud Operating System
Linux adoption is growing against a number of measures, such as the
number of supercomputers that run Linux and the size of the contributing...
- Supercharge Your Web and Mobile App Development with High-Productivity Hybrid Cloud Webinar: Hear from industry experts about the amazing power at the intersection of next-generation web and mobile application development and cloud platforms.
- Webinar: Building a Big Data solution that's production-ready Big data solutions are no longer just a nice-to-have. All Internet White Papers | Webcasts