Wikileaks promises release 7 times bigger than Iraq War Logs
IDG News Service - Wikileaks has promised to release a load of information seven times bigger than the Iraq War Logs, which raised the Internet group's profile around the world and caused some nations to take notice of the issue of leaks of top-secret documents online.
In a note on Twitter, Wikileaks said, "Next release is 7x the size of the Iraq War Logs. Intense pressure over it for months," and asked supporters to continue donating to the cause.
Wikileaks made global headlines this year by releasing hundreds of thousands of classified U.S. war documents about actions in Iraq and Afghanistan, called the Iraq War Logs and Afghan War Diary. Since then, the group has alleged harassment by government organizations from the U.S. Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) to the Swedish police. Wikileaks' main servers are located in Sweden.
The District Court in Stockholm last Thursday decided to detain Wikileaks founder Julian Assange, "on probable cause suspected of rape, sexual molestation and unlawful coercion."
An attorney for Assange, Mark Stephens of law firm Finers Stephens Innocent, indicated in a statement that Assange had been falsely accused and said the original prosecutor, Eva Finne, dismissed the investigation. He said the case was raised again after intervention by a Swedish politician.
Wikileaks did not say what the new release of information would be about.
The group also sent out Twitter messages urging supporters to "Keep us strong," as it works to put out the new information.
- Social Media Education: The New Edge for Success Failure to train for social media will cost your business money. A recent report showed how digitally prepared companies can unlock up to...
- Social Media in Technology: A Unified Strategy for Success Find out how social media is sparking a new era of customer and industry-understanding in technology enterprises and how industry leaders are overcoming...
- Printer Installer: Eliminating Print Servers Printer Installer is an on-premise web application that enables you to centrally manage and deploy Windows shared or direct iP printers.
- How Network Connections Drive Web Application Performance Users around the globe, on all sorts of devices, expect Web applications to function as seamlessly as desktop applications. This paper discusses the...
- On-demand webinar - 7 Keys to Service Catalog Implementation Success Watch this webinar to learn 7 crucial keys to make your service catalog a success!
- Transform Your IT Service Management Watch this webinar, to learn how EasyVista can increase IT productivity & efficiency and deliver streamlined & integrated IT Service & Asset Mgmt. All Internet White Papers | Webcasts
Our new bimonthly Internet of Things newsletter helps you keep pace with the rapidly evolving technologies, trends and developments related to the IoT. Subscribe now and stay up to date!