Wikileaks promises release 7 times bigger than Iraq War Logs
IDG News Service - Wikileaks has promised to release a load of information seven times bigger than the Iraq War Logs, which raised the Internet group's profile around the world and caused some nations to take notice of the issue of leaks of top-secret documents online.
In a note on Twitter, Wikileaks said, "Next release is 7x the size of the Iraq War Logs. Intense pressure over it for months," and asked supporters to continue donating to the cause.
Wikileaks made global headlines this year by releasing hundreds of thousands of classified U.S. war documents about actions in Iraq and Afghanistan, called the Iraq War Logs and Afghan War Diary. Since then, the group has alleged harassment by government organizations from the U.S. Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) to the Swedish police. Wikileaks' main servers are located in Sweden.
The District Court in Stockholm last Thursday decided to detain Wikileaks founder Julian Assange, "on probable cause suspected of rape, sexual molestation and unlawful coercion."
An attorney for Assange, Mark Stephens of law firm Finers Stephens Innocent, indicated in a statement that Assange had been falsely accused and said the original prosecutor, Eva Finne, dismissed the investigation. He said the case was raised again after intervention by a Swedish politician.
Wikileaks did not say what the new release of information would be about.
The group also sent out Twitter messages urging supporters to "Keep us strong," as it works to put out the new information.
- Data on the Move = Business on the Move; How Strategic Secure Managed File Transfer Adds Value and Drives Business This whitepaper describes the formal and informal file-sharing methods business employees use to perform their daily functions and explains that, from sending small...
- Path Selection Infographic Path Selection Infographic
- Hyperconvergence Infographic A wide range of observers agree that data centers are now entering an era of "hyperconvergence" that will raise network traffic levels faster...
- Preparing Your Infrastructure for the Hyperconvergence Era From cloud computing and virtualization to mobility and unified communications, an array of innovative technologies is transforming today's data centers.
- Supercharge Your Web and Mobile App Development with High-Productivity Hybrid Cloud Webinar: Hear from industry experts about the amazing power at the intersection of next-generation web and mobile application development and cloud platforms.
- Cloud Knowledge Vault Learn how your organization can benefit from the scalability, flexibility, and performance that the cloud offers through the short videos and other resources... All Internet White Papers | Webcasts
Our new weekly Consumerization of IT newsletter covers a wide range of trends including BYOD, smartphones, tablets, MDM, cloud, social and what it all means for IT. Subscribe now and stay up to date!