IDG News Service - Apple will announce that its iTunes store will begin selling music by The Beatles on Tuesday, according to a report by The Wall Street Journal.
Recordings by the legendary British rock band, which broke up more than 40 years ago, will be going on sale for the first time, the Journal reported on Monday, citing sources familiar with the situation.
The arrival of Beatles songs on iTunes, and for legal Internet downloading in general, has been delayed for years. Apple has settled more than one trademark dispute with Apple Corps, the band's record company. In addition, members of the Beatles and their estates have had many battles over royalties with EMI, the company that owns the band's recordings. Recordings of Beatles songs by other artists are already available.
The Journal said it had not been able to learn the details of the deal.
On its website, the famously secretive Apple is promising "an exciting announcement from iTunes" on Tuesday at 7 a.m. Pacific Time.
"Tomorrow is just another day. That you'll never forget," read a teaser on the Apple home page. The cryptic message could partly refer to the Paul McCartney song "Another Day," which includes the line "It's just another day" in its chorus.
- Path Selection Infographic Path Selection Infographic
- Hyperconvergence Infographic A wide range of observers agree that data centers are now entering an era of "hyperconvergence" that will raise network traffic levels faster...
- Preparing Your Infrastructure for the Hyperconvergence Era From cloud computing and virtualization to mobility and unified communications, an array of innovative technologies is transforming today's data centers.
- How WAN Optimization Helps Enterprises Reduce Costs If you wanted to break down innovation into a tidy equation, it might go something like this: Technology + Connectivity = Productivity. Productivity...
- Live Webcast Best Practices: How to Improve Business Continuity with Virtualization VMware solutions include a range of business continuity capabilities to help ensure availability for applications across your virtualized environment. Learn More>>
- Live Webcast
Transforming Finance, Procurement and Supply Chain Effectiveness with Cross-Functional Analytics
Date: May 6th, 2014
Time: 1 PM EDT
Attend this Webcast to find out how Oracle's packaged analytic applications enable line-of-business managers to examine all...
- Live Webcast LIVE EVENT: 5/7, The End of Data Protection As We Know It. Introducing a Next Generation Data Protection Architecture. Traditional backup is going away, but where does this leave end-users?
- Cloud Knowledge Vault Learn how your organization can benefit from the scalability, flexibility, and performance that the cloud offers through the short videos and other resources...
- LIVE EVENT: 5/7, The End of Data Protection As We Know It. Introducing a Next Generation Data Protection Architecture. Traditional backup is going away, but where does this leave end-users? All Topic Center White Papers | Webcasts