IDG News Service - SAP fired back Wednesday against a broadside Oracle CEO Larry Ellison leveled Tuesday at its former CEO Léo Apotheker, saying Ellison made a significant error in the heated missive.
Oracle is suing SAP over intellectual-property violations committed by its now-defunct TomorrowNow subsidiary, in a case set to go to trial next week.
Oracle charges that TomorrowNow workers used its software illegally to provide discount support services to Oracle applications users. SAP has acknowledged wrongdoing by TomorrowNow and agreed to accept liability for its actions, but maintains that SAP did not play a role.
However, it's not as if Apotheker was a low-level employee prior to June 1, 2009,having served since April 2008 as co-CEO along with Henning Kagermann.
An Oracle spokeswoman declined comment on Ellison's remarks. HP has called them an attempt to harass Apotheker.
Overall, the tit-for-tat spat over Apotheker's employment history with SAP is reflective of the acrimony that has marked the sprawling lawsuit, which Oracle first filed in March 2007.
Chris Kanaracus covers enterprise software and general technology breaking news for The IDG News Service. Chris's e-mail address is Chris_Kanaracus@idg.com
- Path Selection Infographic Path Selection Infographic
- Hyperconvergence Infographic A wide range of observers agree that data centers are now entering an era of "hyperconvergence" that will raise network traffic levels faster...
- Preparing Your Infrastructure for the Hyperconvergence Era From cloud computing and virtualization to mobility and unified communications, an array of innovative technologies is transforming today's data centers.
- Increase IT Performance from the Enterprise to the Cloud with WAN Optimization Massive consolidation and data mobility, enabled by virtualization, have radically altered how we build servers, design applications, and deploy storage for the emerging...
- Live Webcast
Transforming Finance, Procurement and Supply Chain Effectiveness with Cross-Functional Analytics
Date: May 6th, 2014
Time: 1 PM EDT
Attend this Webcast to find out how Oracle's packaged analytic applications enable line-of-business managers to examine all...
- Video Stream Quality Impacts Viewer Behavior This scientific white paper, using statistical data from Amakai's streaming network, analyzes how changes in video quality cause changes in viewer behavior.
- Service-Enabling CICS Applications: Best Practices This informative webcast provides an informed, thorough look into CICS service-enablement options and how they can affect your environment. You'll learn how to... All Applications White Papers | Webcasts