IDG News Service - SAP fired back Wednesday against a broadside Oracle CEO Larry Ellison leveled Tuesday at its former CEO Léo Apotheker, saying Ellison made a significant error in the heated missive.
Oracle is suing SAP over intellectual-property violations committed by its now-defunct TomorrowNow subsidiary, in a case set to go to trial next week.
Oracle charges that TomorrowNow workers used its software illegally to provide discount support services to Oracle applications users. SAP has acknowledged wrongdoing by TomorrowNow and agreed to accept liability for its actions, but maintains that SAP did not play a role.
However, it's not as if Apotheker was a low-level employee prior to June 1, 2009,having served since April 2008 as co-CEO along with Henning Kagermann.
An Oracle spokeswoman declined comment on Ellison's remarks. HP has called them an attempt to harass Apotheker.
Overall, the tit-for-tat spat over Apotheker's employment history with SAP is reflective of the acrimony that has marked the sprawling lawsuit, which Oracle first filed in March 2007.
Chris Kanaracus covers enterprise software and general technology breaking news for The IDG News Service. Chris's e-mail address is Chris_Kanaracus@idg.com
- CIOs Deliver Productivity Breakthroughs with Intelligent Digital Signage Retailers have long recognized the influence that digital signage provides over a shopper's point-of-purchase decision making process.
- 2014 Gartner Magic Quadrant Report For the 7th year in a row, Riverbed is in the "Leaders" Quadrant of the 2014 Magic Quadrant for WAN Optimization Controllers. In...
- Improving Business Value of WAN Optimization Want to achieve faster ROI with WAN optimization? Read the latest IDC report and discover how you can cut IT costs without compromising...
- IDC ROI Infographic Trends such as evolving communication patterns, connection types, applications and bandwidth can have an impact on enterprise organizations. Learn how IT organizations can...
- Transform Your IT Service Management Watch this webinar, to learn how EasyVista can increase IT productivity & efficiency and deliver streamlined & integrated IT Service & Asset Mgmt.
- Top 4 Digital Signage Fails Join RMG Networks for a look at four of the most common reasons digital signage fails in corporate businesses. Learn about strategies to... All Applications White Papers | Webcasts