SAP’s revenue, profits up on growth in all regions
IDG News Service - Revenue and profit at enterprise software vendor SAP rose in the July to September quarter, the company said Wednesday.
Profits after tax were up 12 percent on the same period a year earlier at €501 million (US$694 million) and revenue climbed 20 percent to €3 billion, it said. The results are calculated to international financial reporting standards and include the operations of Sybase after it was acquired by SAP on July 26.
Software and software-related service revenue was €2.3 billion in the quarter, up 20 percent from the same quarter last year. Software revenue was up 25 percent at €656 million.
SAP did not change its outlook for the full year 2010.
All of the regions reported growth in the third quarter, with particular strength in the U.S. and the emerging markets of Asia, Europe and Latin America, SAP said.
It saw a good mix of revenues among small, mid-size and large enterprises, and had an increase in deal volume.
On the product side, business analytics remains a top priority among its customers and continues to be a principal growth driver, SAP said.
Oracle Software Licensing: The Value of Resellers
NEW white paper explores real-world insights and:
* The Rise of Audits
* Compliance Spend
* SAM and Compliance
* Working Directly with a...
- ACM Leadership Guide Knowledge worker effectiveness has emerged as a top priority to both optimize the customer experience and help employees work more efficiently. See how...
- Global Growing Pains: Tapping into B2B Integration Services to Overcome Global Expansion Challenges A recent survey by IDG Research explored both the challenges and pain points companies face when growing globally, as well as the capabilities...
- PCI 3.0 Compliance In this white paper, learn how PCI-DSS 3.0 effects how you deploy and maintain PCI compliant networks using CradlePoint devices.
- E-Signature RFP Checklist Webcast If your organization is looking to adopt e-signatures, you may be overwhelmed by the number of providers that offer seemingly similar solutions. How...
- Expert Panel: Enterprise Mobility and Data Loss Prevention When it comes to enterprise mobility, it's not just about devices, it's about the way people work. Hear this expert panel discuss the... All Management White Papers | Webcasts