SAP’s revenue, profits up on growth in all regions
IDG News Service - Revenue and profit at enterprise software vendor SAP rose in the July to September quarter, the company said Wednesday.
Profits after tax were up 12 percent on the same period a year earlier at €501 million (US$694 million) and revenue climbed 20 percent to €3 billion, it said. The results are calculated to international financial reporting standards and include the operations of Sybase after it was acquired by SAP on July 26.
Software and software-related service revenue was €2.3 billion in the quarter, up 20 percent from the same quarter last year. Software revenue was up 25 percent at €656 million.
SAP did not change its outlook for the full year 2010.
All of the regions reported growth in the third quarter, with particular strength in the U.S. and the emerging markets of Asia, Europe and Latin America, SAP said.
It saw a good mix of revenues among small, mid-size and large enterprises, and had an increase in deal volume.
On the product side, business analytics remains a top priority among its customers and continues to be a principal growth driver, SAP said.
- Silicon Valley's 19 Coolest Places to Work
- Is Windows 8 Development Worth the Trouble?
- 8 Books Every IT Leader Should Read This Year
- 10 Hot Hadoop Startups to Watch
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- CIOs Deliver Productivity Breakthroughs with Intelligent Digital Signage Retailers have long recognized the influence that digital signage provides over a shopper's point-of-purchase decision making process.
- ERP in the Cloud and the Modern Business View IDC's White Paper, to review IDC CloudTrack Survey findings, gain expert insight into the challenges and opportunities the cloud presents, and determine...
- Study: Total Economic Impact of Google Apps Employees can work faster and IT spending can decrease when companies switch to Google Apps, says a commissioned study by Forrester Consulting. Going...
- Protecting Digitalized Assets in Healthcare Healthcare providers face an urgent, internal battle every day: security and compliance versus productivity and service. For most healthcare organizations, the fight is...
- Top 4 Digital Signage Fails Join RMG Networks for a look at four of the most common reasons digital signage fails in corporate businesses. Learn about strategies to...
- Increasing the Value of Your Reports and Dashboards Learn how incorporating other analytical capabilities such as predictive modeling and visualization can increase the value of your reports and dashboards by providing... All Management White Papers | Webcasts