SAP’s revenue, profits up on growth in all regions
IDG News Service - Revenue and profit at enterprise software vendor SAP rose in the July to September quarter, the company said Wednesday.
Profits after tax were up 12 percent on the same period a year earlier at €501 million (US$694 million) and revenue climbed 20 percent to €3 billion, it said. The results are calculated to international financial reporting standards and include the operations of Sybase after it was acquired by SAP on July 26.
Software and software-related service revenue was €2.3 billion in the quarter, up 20 percent from the same quarter last year. Software revenue was up 25 percent at €656 million.
SAP did not change its outlook for the full year 2010.
All of the regions reported growth in the third quarter, with particular strength in the U.S. and the emerging markets of Asia, Europe and Latin America, SAP said.
It saw a good mix of revenues among small, mid-size and large enterprises, and had an increase in deal volume.
On the product side, business analytics remains a top priority among its customers and continues to be a principal growth driver, SAP said.
- The Growing Demand for Rich Media This white paper discusses how IBM Customer Experience Suite Rich Media Edition can automate rich media workflows, from collaborating with creative agencies and...
- The Next Generation Employee Experience This white paper from IBM, showcases five organizations that are strategically integrating emerging social software and tools with their existing investments and seeing...
- Jyske Bank extends brand message to more than one million visitors a month IBM WebSphere Portal software helps bank offer a clearly differentiated digital experience
- CIOs Deliver Productivity Breakthroughs with Intelligent Digital Signage Retailers have long recognized the influence that digital signage provides over a shopper's point-of-purchase decision making process.
- Transform Your IT Service Management Watch this webinar, to learn how EasyVista can increase IT productivity & efficiency and deliver streamlined & integrated IT Service & Asset Mgmt.
- Top 4 Digital Signage Fails Join RMG Networks for a look at four of the most common reasons digital signage fails in corporate businesses. Learn about strategies to... All Management White Papers | Webcasts