SAP’s revenue, profits up on growth in all regions
IDG News Service - Revenue and profit at enterprise software vendor SAP rose in the July to September quarter, the company said Wednesday.
Profits after tax were up 12 percent on the same period a year earlier at €501 million (US$694 million) and revenue climbed 20 percent to €3 billion, it said. The results are calculated to international financial reporting standards and include the operations of Sybase after it was acquired by SAP on July 26.
Software and software-related service revenue was €2.3 billion in the quarter, up 20 percent from the same quarter last year. Software revenue was up 25 percent at €656 million.
SAP did not change its outlook for the full year 2010.
All of the regions reported growth in the third quarter, with particular strength in the U.S. and the emerging markets of Asia, Europe and Latin America, SAP said.
It saw a good mix of revenues among small, mid-size and large enterprises, and had an increase in deal volume.
On the product side, business analytics remains a top priority among its customers and continues to be a principal growth driver, SAP said.
- 15 Non-Certified IT Skills Growing in Demand
- How 19 Tech Titans Target Healthcare
- Twitter Suffering From Growing Pains (and Facebook Comparisons)
- Agile Comes to Data Integration
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- Future Focus: What's Coming in Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) Find out why Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) solutions that are truly future-ready must be designed to enable Machine-to-Machine (M2M) capabilities and much more.
- The CIO's Guide to Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) This guide will help those making an EMM platform decision make the best choice for their organization.
- Yankee Group: BlackBerry Results Refute Rumors of its Demise Yankee Group: BlackBerry® is stronger than the press makes it out to be.
- Your New EMM Platform: How to Streamline the Migration Smartphone migration can be resource-intensive and challenging. Find out how outsourcing the process can save significant time and money.
- Live Webcast Increasing the Value of Your Reports and Dashboards Learn how incorporating other analytical capabilities such as predictive modeling and visualization can increase the value of your reports and dashboards by providing...
- Testimonial: Cystic Fibrosis Trust Peter Hawkins, the Head of IT for Cystic Fibrosis Trust, discusses the role CommVault's Simpana software platform plays in improving the company's information...
- Increasing the Value of Your Reports and Dashboards Learn how incorporating other analytical capabilities such as predictive modeling and visualization can increase the value of your reports and dashboards by providing... All Management White Papers | Webcasts