IDG News Service - IBM said Wednesday it is purchasing e-discovery vendor PSS Systems, in a move that further broadens Big Blue's sprawling portfolio of information management software. Terms were not disclosed.
PSS' software enables companies to keep track of documents they may be legally required to maintain, as well as set policies that get the job done efficiently while meeting regulatory obligations.
IBM plans to sell PSS Systems' products along with its own Information Lifecycle Governance applications for document archiving, classification, e-discovery and other areas. PSS Systems' customers include BASF, Pfizer and BP.
The deal follows IBM's announcement last month that it would purchase GRC (governance, risk and compliance) vendor OpenPages.
It also continues IBM's Information on Demand strategy of the past several years, which focuses on data management, delivery and analysis products and services, rather than attempting to compete head-on with the ERP (enterprise resource planning) applications sold by the likes of Oracle and SAP.
IBM will no doubt make more news later this month during the Information on Demand conference in Las Vegas.
Chris Kanaracus covers enterprise software and general technology breaking news for The IDG News Service. Chris's e-mail address is Chris_Kanaracus@idg.com
- Path Selection Infographic Path Selection Infographic
- Hyperconvergence Infographic A wide range of observers agree that data centers are now entering an era of "hyperconvergence" that will raise network traffic levels faster...
- Preparing Your Infrastructure for the Hyperconvergence Era From cloud computing and virtualization to mobility and unified communications, an array of innovative technologies is transforming today's data centers.
- Increase IT Performance from the Enterprise to the Cloud with WAN Optimization Massive consolidation and data mobility, enabled by virtualization, have radically altered how we build servers, design applications, and deploy storage for the emerging...
- Live Webcast
Transforming Finance, Procurement and Supply Chain Effectiveness with Cross-Functional Analytics
Date: May 6th, 2014
Time: 1 PM EDT
Attend this Webcast to find out how Oracle's packaged analytic applications enable line-of-business managers to examine all...
- Video Stream Quality Impacts Viewer Behavior This scientific white paper, using statistical data from Amakai's streaming network, analyzes how changes in video quality cause changes in viewer behavior.
- Service-Enabling CICS Applications: Best Practices This informative webcast provides an informed, thorough look into CICS service-enablement options and how they can affect your environment. You'll learn how to... All Applications White Papers | Webcasts