IDG News Service - IBM said Wednesday it is purchasing e-discovery vendor PSS Systems, in a move that further broadens Big Blue's sprawling portfolio of information management software. Terms were not disclosed.
PSS' software enables companies to keep track of documents they may be legally required to maintain, as well as set policies that get the job done efficiently while meeting regulatory obligations.
IBM plans to sell PSS Systems' products along with its own Information Lifecycle Governance applications for document archiving, classification, e-discovery and other areas. PSS Systems' customers include BASF, Pfizer and BP.
The deal follows IBM's announcement last month that it would purchase GRC (governance, risk and compliance) vendor OpenPages.
It also continues IBM's Information on Demand strategy of the past several years, which focuses on data management, delivery and analysis products and services, rather than attempting to compete head-on with the ERP (enterprise resource planning) applications sold by the likes of Oracle and SAP.
IBM will no doubt make more news later this month during the Information on Demand conference in Las Vegas.
Chris Kanaracus covers enterprise software and general technology breaking news for The IDG News Service. Chris's e-mail address is Chris_Kanaracus@idg.com
- CIOs Deliver Productivity Breakthroughs with Intelligent Digital Signage Retailers have long recognized the influence that digital signage provides over a shopper's point-of-purchase decision making process.
- 2014 Gartner Magic Quadrant Report For the 7th year in a row, Riverbed is in the "Leaders" Quadrant of the 2014 Magic Quadrant for WAN Optimization Controllers. In...
- Improving Business Value of WAN Optimization Want to achieve faster ROI with WAN optimization? Read the latest IDC report and discover how you can cut IT costs without compromising...
- IDC ROI Infographic Trends such as evolving communication patterns, connection types, applications and bandwidth can have an impact on enterprise organizations. Learn how IT organizations can...
- Transform Your IT Service Management Watch this webinar, to learn how EasyVista can increase IT productivity & efficiency and deliver streamlined & integrated IT Service & Asset Mgmt.
- Top 4 Digital Signage Fails Join RMG Networks for a look at four of the most common reasons digital signage fails in corporate businesses. Learn about strategies to... All Applications White Papers | Webcasts