Citrix to add video conferencing to GoToMeeting service
IDG News Service - Citrix Systems will add video to its web conferencing service GoToMeeting via a new feature called HD Faces, the company said on Wednesday at its Synergy user conference in Berlin, Germany.
Video conferencing has had a hard time making the leap from a few special conferencing rooms to enterprise users' desktops, in part because it can be to complex to use, according to Citrix.
However, with HD Faces Citrix hopes to change that: there is nothing to configure so if users have a PC with a webcam it should "just work," according to Chief Marketing Officer Wes Wasson.
HD Faces will become a standard feature of GoToMeeting, and come at no extra charge. Today, GoToMeeting costs from $49 per month.
The service will be able to handle up to six video streams, according to Citrix. A demo during the Wednesday keynote looked impressive.
A final version of GoToMeeting with HD Faces will start shipping in the first quarter. Beta testing at the end of October, according to Citrix.
Citrix is also expanding the reach of GoToMeeting and the other members of the GoTo family by announcing German and French versions of the services, which will be available in Germany, France, Switzerland and Austria. Support for native languages will give users a much better experience, according Mark Templeton, CEO at Citrix, and increase usage.
Besides GoToMeeting, the family includes GoToWebinar for presentations to larger audiences, and GoToTraining, for interactive training sessions. GoToWebinar costs from $99 per month and GoToTraining $149 per month. Both services include GoToMeeting functions. Together, the GoTo services were used by more than 100 million people last year, according to Citrix.
Send news tips and comments to email@example.com
- 5 Ways Dropbox for Business Keeps Your Data Protected Protecting your data isn't a feature on a checklist, something to be tacked on as an afterthought. Download here to find out how...
- Evaluating File Sync and Share Solutions: 12 Questions to Ask about Security File sync and share can increase productivity, but how do you pick a solution that works for you? Download to learn some important...
The Wall Street Journal: CIO Journal
Article describes how cloud ITSM:
* Reduces drain on IT, increased response time
* Eliminates roadblocks to completion
* Enables IT to deliver...
- Datacenter eGuide Read on to learn what technologies are essential for high-performing data centers today, and to get a glimpse of what the data center...
- The Key to Happiness: Throw out Your Data Warehouse In this webinar, Kerry Reitnauer, Director, Solution Architect at FairPoint Communications will discuss the challenges the data warehouse brought, how they migrated to...
- Building Tomorrow's Data Center with Converged Technologies A number of forces are converging: the cloud, converged infrastructure, big data and fabric architectures to name a few. All Data Center White Papers | Webcasts
Our new bimonthly Internet of Things newsletter helps you keep pace with the rapidly evolving technologies, trends and developments related to the IoT. Subscribe now and stay up to date!