Citrix to add video conferencing to GoToMeeting service
IDG News Service - Citrix Systems will add video to its web conferencing service GoToMeeting via a new feature called HD Faces, the company said on Wednesday at its Synergy user conference in Berlin, Germany.
Video conferencing has had a hard time making the leap from a few special conferencing rooms to enterprise users' desktops, in part because it can be to complex to use, according to Citrix.
However, with HD Faces Citrix hopes to change that: there is nothing to configure so if users have a PC with a webcam it should "just work," according to Chief Marketing Officer Wes Wasson.
HD Faces will become a standard feature of GoToMeeting, and come at no extra charge. Today, GoToMeeting costs from $49 per month.
The service will be able to handle up to six video streams, according to Citrix. A demo during the Wednesday keynote looked impressive.
A final version of GoToMeeting with HD Faces will start shipping in the first quarter. Beta testing at the end of October, according to Citrix.
Citrix is also expanding the reach of GoToMeeting and the other members of the GoTo family by announcing German and French versions of the services, which will be available in Germany, France, Switzerland and Austria. Support for native languages will give users a much better experience, according Mark Templeton, CEO at Citrix, and increase usage.
Besides GoToMeeting, the family includes GoToWebinar for presentations to larger audiences, and GoToTraining, for interactive training sessions. GoToWebinar costs from $99 per month and GoToTraining $149 per month. Both services include GoToMeeting functions. Together, the GoTo services were used by more than 100 million people last year, according to Citrix.
Send news tips and comments to email@example.com
- Hadoop for Dummies Today, organizations in every industry are being showered with imposing quantities of new information. Along with traditional sources, many more data channels and...
- The Top Five Ways to Get Started with Big Data Despite the increased focus on big data over the past few years, most organizations are still talking about what big data is rather...
- Data Warehouse Augmentation: The Queryable Data Store While organizations have, to date, been busy exploring and experimenting, they are now beginning to focus on using big data technologies to solve...
- The IBM Big Data Platform IBM is unique in having developed an enterprise class big data platform that allows you to address the full spectrum of big data...
- Live Webcast Best Practices: How to Improve Business Continuity with Virtualization VMware solutions include a range of business continuity capabilities to help ensure availability for applications across your virtualized environment. Learn More>>
- Cloud Knowledge Vault Learn how your organization can benefit from the scalability, flexibility, and performance that the cloud offers through the short videos and other resources...
- Endpoint Data Management: Protecting the Perimeter of the Internet of Things Not surprisingly, "Internet of Things" (IoT) and Big Data present new challenges AND opportunities for enterprise IT. Teams need to harness, secure and... All Data Center White Papers | Webcasts