Citrix to add video conferencing to GoToMeeting service
IDG News Service - Citrix Systems will add video to its web conferencing service GoToMeeting via a new feature called HD Faces, the company said on Wednesday at its Synergy user conference in Berlin, Germany.
Video conferencing has had a hard time making the leap from a few special conferencing rooms to enterprise users' desktops, in part because it can be to complex to use, according to Citrix.
However, with HD Faces Citrix hopes to change that: there is nothing to configure so if users have a PC with a webcam it should "just work," according to Chief Marketing Officer Wes Wasson.
HD Faces will become a standard feature of GoToMeeting, and come at no extra charge. Today, GoToMeeting costs from $49 per month.
The service will be able to handle up to six video streams, according to Citrix. A demo during the Wednesday keynote looked impressive.
A final version of GoToMeeting with HD Faces will start shipping in the first quarter. Beta testing at the end of October, according to Citrix.
Citrix is also expanding the reach of GoToMeeting and the other members of the GoTo family by announcing German and French versions of the services, which will be available in Germany, France, Switzerland and Austria. Support for native languages will give users a much better experience, according Mark Templeton, CEO at Citrix, and increase usage.
Besides GoToMeeting, the family includes GoToWebinar for presentations to larger audiences, and GoToTraining, for interactive training sessions. GoToWebinar costs from $99 per month and GoToTraining $149 per month. Both services include GoToMeeting functions. Together, the GoTo services were used by more than 100 million people last year, according to Citrix.
Send news tips and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Silicon Valley's 19 Coolest Places to Work
- Is Windows 8 Development Worth the Trouble?
- 8 Books Every IT Leader Should Read This Year
- 10 Hot Hadoop Startups to Watch
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- ERP in the Cloud and the Modern Business View IDC's White Paper, to review IDC CloudTrack Survey findings, gain expert insight into the challenges and opportunities the cloud presents, and determine...
- Oracle ERP Cloud Service - Back-Office Solutions that Keep You in Front Learn how you can harness the power of the cloud to run your business more effectively and lower upfront costs.
- Integration with Oracle Fusion Financials Cloud Service While moving your financial system to the cloud may seem straightforward, truly realizing the advantages of the cloud requires a complete understanding how...
- Hadoop for Dummies Today, organizations in every industry are being showered with imposing quantities of new information. Along with traditional sources, many more data channels and...
- Live Webcast Best Practices: How to Improve Business Continuity with Virtualization VMware solutions include a range of business continuity capabilities to help ensure availability for applications across your virtualized environment. Learn More>>
- Cloud Knowledge Vault Learn how your organization can benefit from the scalability, flexibility, and performance that the cloud offers through the short videos and other resources...
- Endpoint Data Management: Protecting the Perimeter of the Internet of Things Not surprisingly, "Internet of Things" (IoT) and Big Data present new challenges AND opportunities for enterprise IT. Teams need to harness, secure and... All Data Center White Papers | Webcasts