IDG News Service - Oracle's first-quarter revenue jumped 48% over the same period last year to $7.5 billion, the company reported Thursday. Net income was up 20% to $1.4 billion.New software license revenue, a key indicator of growth, jumped 25% to roughly $1.3 billion.
Hardware systems revenue, another keenly watched metric following Oracle's recent purchase of Sun Microsystems, was $1.69 billion. That figure represents a drop from the $1.83 billion in quarterly hardware revenue Oracle reported in June, but Oracle typically does a disproportionate amount of business in the fourth quarter.
Oracle is planning to discuss the results further during a conference call Thursday, which is also expected to feature former Hewlett-Packard CEO Mark Hurd in his first public appearance since being named Oracle's co-president on Sept. 7.
Developing story. More to come.
- CIOs Deliver Productivity Breakthroughs with Intelligent Digital Signage Retailers have long recognized the influence that digital signage provides over a shopper's point-of-purchase decision making process.
- 2014 Gartner Magic Quadrant Report For the 7th year in a row, Riverbed is in the "Leaders" Quadrant of the 2014 Magic Quadrant for WAN Optimization Controllers. In...
- Improving Business Value of WAN Optimization Want to achieve faster ROI with WAN optimization? Read the latest IDC report and discover how you can cut IT costs without compromising...
- IDC ROI Infographic Trends such as evolving communication patterns, connection types, applications and bandwidth can have an impact on enterprise organizations. Learn how IT organizations can...
- Transform Your IT Service Management Watch this webinar, to learn how EasyVista can increase IT productivity & efficiency and deliver streamlined & integrated IT Service & Asset Mgmt.
- Top 4 Digital Signage Fails Join RMG Networks for a look at four of the most common reasons digital signage fails in corporate businesses. Learn about strategies to... All Applications White Papers | Webcasts