IDG News Service - Oracle's first-quarter revenue jumped 48% over the same period last year to $7.5 billion, the company reported Thursday. Net income was up 20% to $1.4 billion.New software license revenue, a key indicator of growth, jumped 25% to roughly $1.3 billion.
Hardware systems revenue, another keenly watched metric following Oracle's recent purchase of Sun Microsystems, was $1.69 billion. That figure represents a drop from the $1.83 billion in quarterly hardware revenue Oracle reported in June, but Oracle typically does a disproportionate amount of business in the fourth quarter.
Oracle is planning to discuss the results further during a conference call Thursday, which is also expected to feature former Hewlett-Packard CEO Mark Hurd in his first public appearance since being named Oracle's co-president on Sept. 7.
Developing story. More to come.
- Silicon Valley's 19 Coolest Places to Work
- Is Windows 8 Development Worth the Trouble?
- 8 Books Every IT Leader Should Read This Year
- 10 Hot Hadoop Startups to Watch
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- Acxiom Case Study This case study, which focuses on Acxiom, explores how the company was able to secure employee data, reduce migration costs and boost productivity...
- Windows® XP Migration: Protect and Secure Critical Data With the end of the Microsoft Windows XP operating system's lifecycle on April 8, 2014, businesses are faced with the decision to migrate...
- Exponentially Accelerate Data Protection and Recovery with Simpana 10 IntelliSnap® Snapshot Management Technology Are you making the best use of your storage array snapshot functionality? CommVault Simpana 10 IntelliSnap technology manages hardware-based snapshots across multiple vendor...
- Simpana IntelliSnap Technology Datasheet With IntelliSnap you can maximize the value of your snapshot technology while dramatically reducing management overhead and complexity.
- Top 4 Digital Signage Fails Join RMG Networks for a look at four of the most common reasons digital signage fails in corporate businesses. Learn about strategies to...
Transforming Finance, Procurement and Supply Chain Effectiveness with Cross-Functional Analytics
Date: May 6th, 2014
Time: 1 PM EDT
Attend this Webcast to find out how Oracle's packaged analytic applications enable line-of-business managers to examine all...
All Applications White Papers |