IDG News Service - Oracle's first-quarter revenue jumped 48% over the same period last year to $7.5 billion, the company reported Thursday. Net income was up 20% to $1.4 billion.New software license revenue, a key indicator of growth, jumped 25% to roughly $1.3 billion.
Hardware systems revenue, another keenly watched metric following Oracle's recent purchase of Sun Microsystems, was $1.69 billion. That figure represents a drop from the $1.83 billion in quarterly hardware revenue Oracle reported in June, but Oracle typically does a disproportionate amount of business in the fourth quarter.
Oracle is planning to discuss the results further during a conference call Thursday, which is also expected to feature former Hewlett-Packard CEO Mark Hurd in his first public appearance since being named Oracle's co-president on Sept. 7.
Developing story. More to come.
- The Shortfall of Network Load Balancing Applications running across networks encounter a wide range of performance, security, and availability challenges as IT department strive to deliver fast, secure access...
- Leave No App Behind with Software Defined Application Services F5 Software Defined Application Services (SDAS) is the next-generation model for delivering application services that enables service injection, consumption, automation, and orchestration across...
- The ADC's Role in the New Network Infrastructure Cloud computing and the BYOD trend will impact the design of future datacenters and their supporting networks. As these trends continue, application delivery...
- Three Key Principles to Accelerating Web Applications Read this article to learn more about the essential principles driving web application acceleration technologies today.
- Transform Your IT Service Management Watch this webinar, to learn how EasyVista can increase IT productivity & efficiency and deliver streamlined & integrated IT Service & Asset Mgmt.
- Top 4 Digital Signage Fails Join RMG Networks for a look at four of the most common reasons digital signage fails in corporate businesses. Learn about strategies to... All Applications White Papers | Webcasts