IDG News Service - Oracle's first-quarter revenue jumped 48% over the same period last year to $7.5 billion, the company reported Thursday. Net income was up 20% to $1.4 billion.New software license revenue, a key indicator of growth, jumped 25% to roughly $1.3 billion.
Hardware systems revenue, another keenly watched metric following Oracle's recent purchase of Sun Microsystems, was $1.69 billion. That figure represents a drop from the $1.83 billion in quarterly hardware revenue Oracle reported in June, but Oracle typically does a disproportionate amount of business in the fourth quarter.
Oracle is planning to discuss the results further during a conference call Thursday, which is also expected to feature former Hewlett-Packard CEO Mark Hurd in his first public appearance since being named Oracle's co-president on Sept. 7.
Developing story. More to come.
- Path Selection Infographic Path Selection Infographic
- Hyperconvergence Infographic A wide range of observers agree that data centers are now entering an era of "hyperconvergence" that will raise network traffic levels faster...
- Preparing Your Infrastructure for the Hyperconvergence Era From cloud computing and virtualization to mobility and unified communications, an array of innovative technologies is transforming today's data centers.
- Increase IT Performance from the Enterprise to the Cloud with WAN Optimization Massive consolidation and data mobility, enabled by virtualization, have radically altered how we build servers, design applications, and deploy storage for the emerging...
- Live Webcast
Transforming Finance, Procurement and Supply Chain Effectiveness with Cross-Functional Analytics
Date: May 6th, 2014
Time: 1 PM EDT
Attend this Webcast to find out how Oracle's packaged analytic applications enable line-of-business managers to examine all...
- Video Stream Quality Impacts Viewer Behavior This scientific white paper, using statistical data from Amakai's streaming network, analyzes how changes in video quality cause changes in viewer behavior.
- Service-Enabling CICS Applications: Best Practices This informative webcast provides an informed, thorough look into CICS service-enablement options and how they can affect your environment. You'll learn how to... All Applications White Papers | Webcasts