InfoWorld - VMware and Novell announced on Wednesday general availability of SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for VMware, geared for use in virtualized and cloud environments.
SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for VMware is designed to reduce IT complexity and assist with the evolution to a fully virtualized data center, the companies said.
[ Doing server virtualization right is not so simple. InfoWorld's expert contributors show you how to get it right in this 24-page "Server Virtualization Deep Dive" PDF guide. ]
The SUSE Linux technology enables users to port Suse Linux workloads across clouds.
"This unique partnership gives VMware and Novell customers a simplified and lower-cost way to virtualize and manage their IT environments, from the data center to fully virtualized data centers," said Joe Wagner, Novell senior vice president and general manager for global alliances, in a statement released by the two companies.
"With SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for VMware, we provide customers a proven enterprise Linux operating platform with subscription to patches and updates at no additional cost, improving their ability to complete the transformation of their data center into a private cloud while further increasing their return on investment," said Raghu Raghuram, senior vice president and general manager for virtualization and cloud platforms at VMware, also in a statement.
VMware also will offer an option to purchase technical support services for SUSE Linux Enterprise Server for VMware, providing a seamless support experience, the companies said.
This article, "Suse Linux for VMware ships," was originally published at InfoWorld.com. Follow the latest developments in business technology news and get a digest of the key stories each day in the InfoWorld Daily newsletter.
Read more about virtualization in InfoWorld's Virtualization Channel.
- The business impact of BYOA: Five major challenges and how your enterprise can solve them This E-Book reviews five major challenges of BYOA with key subject matter experts and outlines how businesses can solve them.
- The BYOA Opportunity Visual demonstration of problems that unmonitored, employee-introduced cloud apps can cause a business, and why IT managers need a solution to help and...
- BYOA: Embracing the Opportunity, Controlling the Risk This whitepaper explores the shift from BYOD to BYOA (bring-your-own-application) and how IT departments today can address this new change in the IT...
- AppGuru Reference Guide: Conquer BYOA Challenges, Leverage BYOA Benefits As the advantages of Bring-Your-Own-Application environments become increasingly apparent, BYOA is quickly becoming a reality for organizations of all sizes. But with the...
- E-Signature RFP Checklist Webcast If your organization is looking to adopt e-signatures, you may be overwhelmed by the number of providers that offer seemingly similar solutions. How...
- Cloud and Collaboration: Driving Your Business Value Mission Critical Cloud from Peer 1 Hosting is enterprise-grade. All Cloud Computing White Papers | Webcasts