How will this affect the search engine optimization that publishers do to improve the way their pages rank on Google results? The SEO community is very good at optimizing for whatever people are searching for. This will change the way people search, but if anything it gives SEOs more opportunities to apply their expertise than ever before. Someone's going to have to analyze this data and think about it. That's their business and they'll do an excellent job at it, I'm sure.
What will be the effect on search engine marketing? If longer, original queries will decrease, and Google's pre-packaged ones will be favored, how does that change the way advertisers choose queries to bid on? The main thing for search marketers is that people will still be searching, and, if anything, searching more. Most advertisers tend to advertise for tens of thousands of keywords, not just a few. So they'll still get plenty of impressions and clicks.
Do you plan to extend Instant to your vertical engines like News, Books and Image search? I want to get on every search feature we have. We have people working hard on that.
How do you envision future enhancements and improvements to this feature? Browsers could do a lot to make apps like this one easier to build and better for users. There are things in HTML 5 that are being debated and that will eventually roll out that will make something like this even simpler and faster. We had to go through a lot of hoops to make this work in today's browsers. There are many opportunities to make search even more interactive and give you more relevant feedback as you're entering your search. We have a lot of demos and features that we left out which we didn't have time to get in [this first version.] This is a first-of-its-kind product, so it will evolve. It's certainly going to change.
Is this going to be the default search mode in the future at some point for most people? It's the preferred mode for most people after 10 minutes of giving it a try. They instantly figure out how to use it. People don't like change so there's an initial reaction, but we've gotten a lot of positive feedback.
- Capabilities You Need in an IP Address Management Solution A mismanaged IP space can cripple an otherwise healthy network. Take a moment to understand what you need in an enterprise-ready IPAM solution.
- IPv6 Fundamentals IPv6 is needed to sustain the growth of the Internet. The transition from IPv4 will require planning and likely some degree of support...
- Fixing Intermittent Performance Problems Intermittent performance problems are among the most frustrating and time-consuming issues IT administrators face. Read this white paper and learn how technology advances...
- 3G/4G Digital Signage Guide Today, the widespread availability of 3G and 4G cellular or wireless broadband networks enables digital signage to be deployed virtually anywhere.
- Live Webcast 5 Steps to Assuring Quality of Experience In order to align monitoring and management practices with the true demands of the business, IT professionals must expand beyond traditional comfort zones...
- Live Webcast Master the Changing SAP Landscape with Performance Management SAP landscapes are not getting simpler. Gradually, business processes that used to be contained on a single SAP system now involve a range...
- Navigating the New Wireless Landscape Thriving in the new wireless landscape View Now>>
- Deep Dive into Advanced Networking and Security with Hybrid Cloud Security and networking are among the top concerns when moving workloads to the cloud. VMware vCloud® Hybrid Service™ enables you to extend your... All Networking White Papers | Webcasts
Our new bimonthly Internet of Things newsletter helps you keep pace with the rapidly evolving technologies, trends and developments related to the IoT. Subscribe now and stay up to date!