HP unveils Cloudstart private cloud development tools
IDG News Service - Hewlett-Packard has unveiled CloudStart, a package that includes hardware, software and consulting services, and aims to speed up the construction of private clouds, it said on Monday.
CloudStart is offered by HP Cloud Consulting Services and will use the company's Cloud Service Automation tools, which helps enterprises with their cloud installations and provides automation tools to manage cloud-based applications, according to HP. CloudStart will also use its storage and blade servers, HP said in a statement.
HP CloudStart should allow an enterprise to build a private cloud in 30 days, the company said.
Clouds can be rolled out in a number of different ways: using a cloud service provider like Amazon, building one internally or using a mixture of the two. The latter is usually called a hybrid cloud.
Last week, HP acquired Stratavia, a vendor of management tools that can help IT departments handle hybrid clouds in an effective manner, it said.
The most natural evolution from a traditional data center to the cloud is to first optimize applications for a private cloud, and then move to a hybrid environment in the future, according HP.
The CloudStart package is available in Asia-Pacific and Japan now, and is expected to be available in the rest of the world in December, according to HP, which didn't provide any pricing information.
- CIOs Deliver Productivity Breakthroughs with Intelligent Digital Signage Retailers have long recognized the influence that digital signage provides over a shopper's point-of-purchase decision making process.
- The Forrester Wave™: File Sync And Share Platforms, Q3 2013 Download this Analyst report to read why IBM SmartCloud for Social Business was cited as a leader in The Forrester Wave™: File Sync...
- Brunswick Case Study By implementing IBM SmartCloud services, Brunswick estimates that it avoided hundreds of thousands of dollars in capital expenditures, and is saving up to...
- Cloud-to-Cloud Backup Case Study: AMAG Pharmaceuticals As an IT pioneer in the pharmaceuticals industry, AMAG realized that SaaS backup and recovery would give them the confidence to fully embrace...
- ElectricAccelerator: Dramatically Faster Builds and Test ElectricAccelerator dramatically speeds up builds and test by parallelizing jobs across clusters of physical or cloud CPUs.
- Electric Cloud: Your AnthillPro Alternative Many organizations have become leery about AnthillPro since its acquisition by IBM. In this webinar, learn why ElectricCommander is an excellent alternative to... All Cloud Computing White Papers | Webcasts
Our new weekly Consumerization of IT newsletter covers a wide range of trends including BYOD, smartphones, tablets, MDM, cloud, social and what it all means for IT. Subscribe now and stay up to date!