IDG News Service - Apple has issued invitations to a press event in San Francisco on Sept. 1 at which the company is expected to launch new products.
The invitation has an image of a guitar, which hints at entertainment-related products. Recent speculation has circled around the possible launch of a new iPod Touch and Apple TV on which users will be able to watch streaming movies and TV.
Some observers said the news may be an Apple TV device priced at $99, which would be substantially lower than its current $229 price. Analysts have also said the new Apple TV will have a chip that would allow for 1080p video playback.
The company may also introduce a new version of the iPod Touch with an improved display. The Touch is designed around the iPhone, which has a new 960-pixel-by-640-pixel resolution that shows four times as many pixels in the same amount of space as earlier iPhones.
- Assessing ROI for Mobile Acceleration Clients This EMA® paper examines the business case for deploying mobile WAN optimization client software and builds a ROI model based on the experiences...
- The Apple-ization of the Enterprise: Understanding IT's New World Read this paper for how to tackle Apple-ization (and the related consumerization of IT and Bring Your Own Device/BYOD).
- A Practical Introduction to Enterprise Mobility Management Read the white paper to better understand the basic concepts within mobility management and to learn how you can apply EMM technology to...
- Enterprise Mobility: A Checklist for Secure Containerization The advantages and disadvantages of the multiple approaches to containerization. Learn More>>
- On-demand webinar: "Mobility Mayhem: Balancing BYOD with Enterprise Security" Check out this on-demand webinar to hear Sophos senior security expert John Shier deep dive into how BYOD impacts your enterprise security strategy...
- Mobile Security: Containerizing Enterprise Data In this on-demand webinar, Fixmo's Lee Cocking, VP of corporate strategy, explains why Apple-ization trends like mobility and "bring-your-own-device" (BYOD) are driving the... All Mobile/Wireless White Papers | Webcasts
Our new weekly Consumerization of IT newsletter covers a wide range of trends including BYOD, smartphones, tablets, MDM, cloud, social and what it all means for IT. Subscribe now and stay up to date!