IDG News Service - Hewlett-Packard said on Tuesday it will buy Fortify Software, which makes tools to find software vulnerabilities and compliance software, for an undisclosed amount.
Fortify Software, a privately held company in San Mateo, California, specializes in software that looks for problems within code that could result in software vulnerabilities, which could then be exploited by an attacker, causing problems such as a data breach.
HP said that Fortify's expertise in static application security analysis will complement its dynamic application security analysis. Static application security testing can uncover vulnerabilities during the development or quality assurance stage of a project, according to Fortify's Web site. Dynamic application security testing finds vulnerabilities in an application that is actively being used and assesses the application's overall security.
Fortify's products include 360, used for finding and fixing vulnerabilities, and Fortify On Demand, where a company can upload binaries to Fortify's data center for analysis.
HP and Fortify said they have collaborated before, working on a technology called Hybrid 2.0 that followed earlier work in June 2009. HP said the acquisition will allow customers to build "scalable enterprise application security programs."
When the acquisition closes, HP said it will run Fortify as a stand-alone entity and then integrate it over time into its HP Software and Solutions business. Fortify's products will become part of HP's Business Technology Optimization application portfolio.
Send news tips and comments to email@example.com
- Radicati: Cloud Business Email - Market Quadrant 2013 Google was named the top cloud business email provider in a recent report by research firm Radicati. Out of 14 key players, Google...
- Tablets in the Enterprise: A Checklist for Successful Deployment How can you enterprise manage and secure tablets in order to protect corporate data while providing access to the information and applications employees...
- Enterprise Mobility: A Checklist for Secure Containerization The advantages and disadvantages of the multiple approaches to containerization. Learn More>>
- Enterprise File Sync & Share Checklist File sync and share has changed the way people work and collaborate in today's tech-savvy world. Gone are the email roadblocks, clunky FTP...
- Live Webcast Best Practices: How to Improve Business Continuity with Virtualization VMware solutions include a range of business continuity capabilities to help ensure availability for applications across your virtualized environment. Learn More>>
- Live Webcast
Transforming Finance, Procurement and Supply Chain Effectiveness with Cross-Functional Analytics
Date: May 6th, 2014
Time: 1 PM EDT
Attend this Webcast to find out how Oracle's packaged analytic applications enable line-of-business managers to examine all...
- Live Webcast LIVE EVENT: 5/7, The End of Data Protection As We Know It. Introducing a Next Generation Data Protection Architecture. Traditional backup is going away, but where does this leave end-users?
- LIVE EVENT: 5/7, The End of Data Protection As We Know It. Introducing a Next Generation Data Protection Architecture. Traditional backup is going away, but where does this leave end-users?
- On-demand webinar: "Mobility Mayhem: Balancing BYOD with Enterprise Security" Check out this on-demand webinar to hear Sophos senior security expert John Shier deep dive into how BYOD impacts your enterprise security strategy... All Security White Papers | Webcasts