Apple says over the course of more than three years Devine passed Cresyn sales forecasts for unreleased iPod and iPhone models, product roadmaps, sales reports and details of problems being encountered by Cresyn's competitors.
Cresyn said it could not provide a comment on the lawsuit.
The risks involved in passing such information via e-mail were highlighted in a Sept. 16, 2008, message from Devine to Cresyn that said: "I received your e-mail on my Apple account. Please avoid using that e-mail as Apple IT team will randomly scan e-mails for suspicious e-mail communications for forecast, cost and new model information."
On another occasion Devine took images of his internal Apple e-mail and sent those images to Cresyn via Hotmail, Apple's complaint alleges.
The e-mails also point to steps taken to ensure payments did not attract the attention of banks or regulatory authorities.
Money was distributed into at least 14 bank accounts held in several names in countries including the U.S., South Korea and Singapore and typically in amounts of less than $10,000, Apple said.
"Please do not send the Sept. and Oct. payment together in one wire transfer. Anything over $10,000 wired could draw too much attention," Devine allegedly wrote in an Oct. 5, 2007 e-mail.
The payments did attract some attention from South Korea's Shinhan Bank, but not for impropriety.
"I met with a banker because they want to upgrade me to VIP member," Devine allegedly wrote in a Dec. 17, 2009, e-mail to China's Kaeder Electronics.
- The Elephant Herd in the Room: Why Other Enterprise VoIP Providers Don't Like to Talk About Compliance, Security and Reliability There's an elephant in the room. A whole herd of elephants, in fact. When it comes to compliance, security and reliability, the silence...
- Agility & Scalability for Oracle EBS R12 and RAC on VMware vSphere 5 This white paper outlines extensive performance and scalability testing of Oracle EBS applications on a Vblock™ Systems with vSphere 5.
- Oracle and VCE: The Next Step in Integrated Computing Platforms In this ESG Lab review you will learn how a VCE system driven by Oracle, delivers the perfect blend of high performance and...
- Migrate Oracle Apps from RISC/UNIX to Virtualized x86 Ready to move Oracle to a virtualized environment? This brief explains how true converged infrastructure can help you migrate from a RISC/UNIX environment...
- Keep Servers Up and Running and Attackers in the Dark An SSL/TLS handshake requires at least 10 times more processing power on a server than on the client. SSL renegotiation attacks can readily...
- On Demand: Mastering the Art of Mobile Content Management Mobile device usage in the enterprise has skyrocketed, and it continues to escalate. IT must answer to users who demand access to their... All Regulatory Compliance White Papers | Webcasts