IDG News Service - IBM will purchase privately held Coremetrics, a provider of Web analytics software, the company announced today. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
IBM will add Coremetrics to its portfolio of business analytics software and services.
Coremetrics, based in San Mateo, Calif., offers a set of cloud analytics services that helps companies better market their brands. The service can help companies get e-mail pitches and personalized recommendations to the appropriate customers, and use customer analysis to place ads on the most-suitable networks and better manage the purchasing of search terms.
Coremetrics customers include Bank of America, Holiday Inn, Office Depot, Petco, Victoria's Secret and Virgin Atlantic Airways.
IBM has been busy acquiring companies of late, particularly those that focus on data management. In May, it announced that it would purchase cloud-based data integration provider Cast Iron, as well as middleware provider Sterling Commerce.
Coremetrics employs about 230 people, who will be integrated into IBM. The software will be folded into IBM's line of application and integration middleware. The deal is expected to close later this year.
- Silicon Valley's 19 Coolest Places to Work
- Is Windows 8 Development Worth the Trouble?
- 8 Books Every IT Leader Should Read This Year
- 10 Hot Hadoop Startups to Watch
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- CIOs Deliver Productivity Breakthroughs with Intelligent Digital Signage Retailers have long recognized the influence that digital signage provides over a shopper's point-of-purchase decision making process.
- ERP in the Cloud and the Modern Business View IDC's White Paper, to review IDC CloudTrack Survey findings, gain expert insight into the challenges and opportunities the cloud presents, and determine...
- Study: Total Economic Impact of Google Apps Employees can work faster and IT spending can decrease when companies switch to Google Apps, says a commissioned study by Forrester Consulting. Going...
- Protecting Digitalized Assets in Healthcare Healthcare providers face an urgent, internal battle every day: security and compliance versus productivity and service. For most healthcare organizations, the fight is...
- Increasing the Value of Your Reports and Dashboards Learn how incorporating other analytical capabilities such as predictive modeling and visualization can increase the value of your reports and dashboards by providing...
- Video surveillance for IT: maximum image quality, minimum bandwidth Join us on Thursday, May 8th at 1 p.m. EST when Willem Ryan, Senior Product Marketing Manager at Avigilon, will discuss how IT... All Management White Papers | Webcasts