IDG News Service - IBM will purchase privately held Coremetrics, a provider of Web analytics software, the company announced today. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
IBM will add Coremetrics to its portfolio of business analytics software and services.
Coremetrics, based in San Mateo, Calif., offers a set of cloud analytics services that helps companies better market their brands. The service can help companies get e-mail pitches and personalized recommendations to the appropriate customers, and use customer analysis to place ads on the most-suitable networks and better manage the purchasing of search terms.
Coremetrics customers include Bank of America, Holiday Inn, Office Depot, Petco, Victoria's Secret and Virgin Atlantic Airways.
IBM has been busy acquiring companies of late, particularly those that focus on data management. In May, it announced that it would purchase cloud-based data integration provider Cast Iron, as well as middleware provider Sterling Commerce.
Coremetrics employs about 230 people, who will be integrated into IBM. The software will be folded into IBM's line of application and integration middleware. The deal is expected to close later this year.
- 15 Non-Certified IT Skills Growing in Demand
- How 19 Tech Titans Target Healthcare
- Twitter Suffering From Growing Pains (and Facebook Comparisons)
- Agile Comes to Data Integration
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- Future Focus: What's Coming in Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) Find out why Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) solutions that are truly future-ready must be designed to enable Machine-to-Machine (M2M) capabilities and much more.
- The CIO's Guide to Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) This guide will help those making an EMM platform decision make the best choice for their organization.
- Yankee Group: BlackBerry Results Refute Rumors of its Demise Yankee Group: BlackBerry® is stronger than the press makes it out to be.
- Your New EMM Platform: How to Streamline the Migration Smartphone migration can be resource-intensive and challenging. Find out how outsourcing the process can save significant time and money.
- Live Webcast Increasing the Value of Your Reports and Dashboards Learn how incorporating other analytical capabilities such as predictive modeling and visualization can increase the value of your reports and dashboards by providing...
- Testimonial: Cystic Fibrosis Trust Peter Hawkins, the Head of IT for Cystic Fibrosis Trust, discusses the role CommVault's Simpana software platform plays in improving the company's information...
- Increasing the Value of Your Reports and Dashboards Learn how incorporating other analytical capabilities such as predictive modeling and visualization can increase the value of your reports and dashboards by providing... All Management White Papers | Webcasts