Google's problems with Android Market continue
Apps recently started disappearing from the Android Market
IDG News Service - After applications recently started disappearing from the Android Market, Google continued to have reliability issues with the online store as developers over the weekend experienced issues with erroneous download counts.
On Saturday, a number of developers started complaining about incorrect download counts on Android Market. The total number of downloads for their respective applications had in some cases dropped by several thousand, developers reported.
Just as when applications started disappearing from Android market, some developers were not happy with the latest turn of events and voiced their displeasure on the Android Market Help forum.
"Google, please, fix this market software once for all, or at least make it more robust!," wrote rgruet.
On Saturday, Google said in a brief blog post that it was looking into the matter, and on Sunday many developers said that their numbers were back to normal.
However, some developers still think Google should be more vocal and better communicate about the issues it is having with Android Market.
"Since it is the second serious reliability issue in a few weeks, I think we may expect some extra firepower made available for monitoring and care-taking of the Market in general in the future. At least I hope so," said monsta, in a post on the help forum.
Keeping developers happy is important for Google, and how it communicates with developers is something that Google could improve, according to Leif-Olof Wallin, research vice president at Gartner.
- BlackBerry pushes BBM Protected for end-to-end encrypted messaging
- Can Microsoft's Windows Phone OS surge in market share?
- HTC One M8 called a good looker and genuine rival to the Galaxy S5
- Smartphone innovation is slowing, so what's next?
- Studies show Sprint and T-Mobile need to expand U.S. coverage
- Gear Fit: Samsung strikes again with its 'build one of any device' plan
- Nokia Lumia Icon on sale Feb. 20 exclusively at Verizon
- Samsung hints at new UI for upcoming Galaxy S5
- How 'Lenovorola' changes the mobile world
- Google and Samsung grow cozier with patent deal, Motorola sale
- The Apple-ization of the Enterprise: Understanding IT's New World Read this paper for how to tackle Apple-ization (and the related consumerization of IT and Bring Your Own Device/BYOD).
- A Practical Introduction to Enterprise Mobility Management Read the white paper to better understand the basic concepts within mobility management and to learn how you can apply EMM technology to...
- Enterprise Mobility: A Checklist for Secure Containerization The advantages and disadvantages of the multiple approaches to containerization. Learn More>>
- Enterprise Endpoint Backup Checklist Read this checklist to learn how to create a back up strategy to quickly and easily protect your endpoint data.
- On-demand webinar: "Mobility Mayhem: Balancing BYOD with Enterprise Security" Check out this on-demand webinar to hear Sophos senior security expert John Shier deep dive into how BYOD impacts your enterprise security strategy...
- Mobile Security: Containerizing Enterprise Data In this on-demand webinar, Fixmo's Lee Cocking, VP of corporate strategy, explains why Apple-ization trends like mobility and "bring-your-own-device" (BYOD) are driving the... All Mobile/Wireless White Papers | Webcasts