OCZ introduces 400GB, 480GB SSDs
Vertex 2 and Agility 2 come with Windows 7 TRIM support
Computerworld - OCZ Technology Group, Inc. today introduced two higher capacity versions of its Vertex 2 and Agility 2 SATA II 2.5-in solid state drives SSD today.
The new drives now have a maximum capacity of 400GB and 480GB, expanding on the Vertex 2 and Agility 2 50GB, 100GB, 200GB models announced last month.
OCZ said the new higher capacity Vertex 2 and Agility 2 SSDs now offer the capacity its customers were asking for.
The Vertex 2 has a manufacturer's suggested retail price of about $1,780 for the 400GB model and $1,800 for the 480GB model and the Agility 2 sells for about $1,670 and $1,700, respectively.
Both Vertex 2 and Agility 2 400GB editions feature 250MB/sec. read and 240MB/sec. write speeds, with higher 4k random writes up to 22,500 IOPS on the Vertex 2, OCZ said. That's only slightly slower than the lower-capacity Vertex and Agility drives, which offer 285MB/sec. and 275MB/sec. write speeds.
The new drives are aimed at desktop and mobile platforms and feature TRIM support for Windows 7 systems, which allows an operating system to tell a solid-state drive which data blocks are no longer in use so that it will not waste time attempting to access them.
The Vertex 2 and Agility 2 Series comes with a three-year warranty.
Lucas Mearian covers storage, disaster recovery and business continuity, financial services infrastructure and health care IT for Computerworld. Follow Lucas on Twitter at @lucasmearian or subscribe to Lucas's RSS feed . His e-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Read more about Storage Hardware in Computerworld's Storage Hardware Topic Center.
- 15 Non-Certified IT Skills Growing in Demand
- How 19 Tech Titans Target Healthcare
- Twitter Suffering From Growing Pains (and Facebook Comparisons)
- Agile Comes to Data Integration
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- Is Your Big Data Solution Production-Ready? Read "Is Your Big Data Solution Production-Ready?" now, and discover best practices and actionable steps to implementing a production-ready big data solution.
- Pay-as-you-Grow Data Protection: IBM Tivoli's Full-featured Data Protection Suite for Small to Medium Businesses IBM Tivoli Storage Manager Suite for Unified Recovery gives small and medium businesses the opportunity to start out with only the individual solutions...
- Streamline Data Protection with IBM Tivoli Storage Manager Operations Center IBM Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM) has been an industry-standard data protection solution for two decades. But, where most competitors focus exclusively on Backup...
- Simplify and Consolidate Data Protection for Better Business Results Learn about IBM® Tivoli® Storage Manager Operations Center, which provides advanced visualization, built-in analytics and integrated workflow automation features that leapfrog traditional backup...
- Webinar: Building a Big Data solution that's production-ready Big data solutions are no longer just a nice-to-have.
- Meg Whitman presents Unlocking IT with Big Data During this Web Event you will hear Meg Whitman, President and CEO, HP discuss HAVEn - the #1 Big Data platform, as well... All Storage Hardware White Papers | Webcasts