IDG News Service - Oracle will acquire Secerno, which makes firewall products for databases that protect against hackers and data breaches, the companies said today.
The purchase price was not disclosed. The transaction is expected to close at the end of next month, according to Oracle.
Secerno makes a series of hardware and software products called DataWall, which control how information in databases is accessed. DataWall monitors a database and blocks unauthorized access.
DataWall uses what Secerno calls its Synoptiq engine, which "fingerprints the intent of all database requests and clearly and concisely shows exactly how an organization's data is accessed or changed."
Synoptiq, designed to detect and stop attacks in real time, came from research done at Oxford University's Computing Laboratory. DataWall is compatible with Oracle and also Microsoft's SQL Server and Sybase ASE databases.
Oracle said there is rising demand for data protection products. Companies that lose data or are hacked can face fines from regulators and loss of confidence from their customers.
"This combination is expected to further enable customers to reduce the cost and complexity of securing their information throughout the enterprise with a protective perimeter around Oracle and non-Oracle databases," Oracle said in a letter to customers on its Web site.
Oracle said it would continue to honor Secerno partner agreements for a smooth transition. "Partners should continue to reach out to their existing Secerno contacts until we advise otherwise," the company said.
- Securing Mobile App Data - Comparing Containers and App Wrappers Analysts agree that Mobile Device Management (MDM) is not enough when it comes to securing app data. Although it remains a critical component...
- PCI 3.0 Compliance In this white paper, learn how PCI-DSS 3.0 effects how you deploy and maintain PCI compliant networks using CradlePoint devices.
- Mitigating Security Risks at the Networks Edge This white paper provides strategies and best practices for distributed enterprises to protect their networks against vulnerabilities, threats, and malicious attacks.
- 5 Strategies for Modern Data Protection Read the five strategies for modern data protection that will not only help solve your current data management challenges but also ensure that...
- Business-driven data protection Setting up data protection infrastructures with your organizations' core mission or business in mind is key. In this webinar, the ARCserve team will...
- On-Demand Webinar: Mind the Gap! Watch the webinar featuring Bob Janssen, CTO and Co-Founder of RES Software, to start building a solid foundation for business and IT to... All Security White Papers | Webcasts
Our new bimonthly Internet of Things newsletter helps you keep pace with the rapidly evolving technologies, trends and developments related to the IoT. Subscribe now and stay up to date!