IDG News Service - Salesforce.com and VMware are forging a high-profile partnership, according to a Web site announcing an April 27 event being held by the companies.
The site, VMForce.com, includes few details about exactly what is planned, saying that Salesforce.com CEO Marc Benioff and VMware CEO Paul Maritz will "make an exciting joint announcement on the future of cloud computing."
"VMForce is coming," a headline reads. "See it here live on April 27."
Representatives for both vendors did not immediately respond to requests for comment Monday.
The VMware partnership could result in some type of virtualization-as-a-service offering, but other evidence makes the guessing game more difficult.
VMware has recently made moves toward application development, purchasing Java tools maker SpringSource, as well as business applications in general, scooping up the Zimbra e-mail and collaboration suite from Yahoo.
In turn, Salesforce.com has been broadening its offering beyond pure CRM (customer relationship management) with efforts like the Force.com development platform, its AppExchange marketplace and FinancialForce.com, accounting software that is the result of a joint venture with Unit 4 Agresso.
- How Four Citrix Customers Solved the Enterprise Mobility Challenge Managing mobile devices, data and all types of apps-Windows, datacenter, web and native mobile- through a single solution.
- 8 Steps to Fill the Mobile Enterprise Application Gap Traveling executives and Millennials alike expect to communicate, collaborate and access their important work applications and data from anywhere on whatever device they...
- Seattle Children's Accelerates Citrix Login Times by 500% with Cross-Tier Insight Seattle Children's is a leading research hospital with a large and growing Citrix XenDesktop deployment. With ExtraHop, the IT team at Seattle Children's...
- McKesson Makes Application Hosting for Hospitals Faster, More Efficient With ExtraHop, McKesson identified the root cause of slow Citrix XenApp application launches and adopted a more intelligent, proactive IT operations model that...
- Transform Your IT Service Management Watch this webinar, to learn how EasyVista can increase IT productivity & efficiency and deliver streamlined & integrated IT Service & Asset Mgmt.
- Top 4 Digital Signage Fails Join RMG Networks for a look at four of the most common reasons digital signage fails in corporate businesses. Learn about strategies to... All Applications White Papers | Webcasts