Twitter ablaze with tweets about Apple tablet
While Apple stays mum until today's official announcement, curious take to Twitter
Computerworld - As Apple tablet day finally dawns, the Twittersphere is abuzz with chatter about the new device.
Apple is slated to unveil the long-awaited tablet at 1 p.m. today.
As Apple keeps mum about the tablet, user curiosity has exploded online. And people are flocking to the Twitter micro-blogging site to look for any tidbits about Apple's device and to offer their own thoughts about potential tablet features and price points.
"Flight ready to take off. When I will land it will be in an entirely new & wonderful world full of magic & joy," wrote one Twitterer this morning.
"Waiting for the new phenomenon called iTablet/iSlate, " wrote another. "Woot!! iTablet today!!!!," posted another Twitterer.
The word iTablet is listed as one of the top 10 searches on Twitter this morning.
The Apple event in San Francisco event today is expected to showcase a new 10-in. or 7-in. tablet. Apple CEO Steve Jobs said only that the firm plans to unveil a "major new product."
Twitter heated up even more when Jason Calacanis, founder of tech site Engadget, began posting tweets Tuesday night about the Apple tablet, saying that he had been given a device to test before the official release.
"Yes, it's true... I've been beta testing the Apple tablet for the past two weeks and it's amazing," tweeted Calacanis. He also called it the "most amazing device ever."
Sharon Gaudin covers the Internet and Web 2.0, emerging technologies, and desktop and laptop chips for Computerworld. Follow Sharon on Twitter at @sgaudin, send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or subscribe to Sharon's RSS feed .
- Office for iPad apps ring up 27M downloads
- Apple plays hardball with iPad Mini reveal
- Apple breezes to PC sales' top spot as Windows share decays
- Analyst tallies perks of September launch of new iPhone, iPad
- Analyst predicts stellar iPad sales in next week's Apple earnings
- Nexus 7 holds up better than iPad in drop, water-dunk tests
- With iPad Mini, Apple would remain tablet king through '16, says IDC
- Apple demands ipad3.com domain
- Chrome for iOS snatches top spot on App Store
- iPad in the Enterprise: IT Must Stay Ahead of the Curve
Read more about Web Apps in Computerworld's Web Apps Topic Center.
- How Network Connections Drive Web Application Performance Users around the globe, on all sorts of devices, expect Web applications to function as seamlessly as desktop applications. This paper discusses the...
- How WAN Optimization Helps Enterprises Reduce Costs If you wanted to break down innovation into a tidy equation, it might go something like this: Technology + Connectivity = Productivity. Productivity...
- Four Little-Known Ways WAN Optimization Can Benefit Your Organization WAN optimization has evolved into a complete system that optimizes traffic across a broad range of most popular applications while providing deep visibility...
- Riverbed Optimization System: Technical Overview View now>>
- Top 4 Digital Signage Fails Join RMG Networks for a look at four of the most common reasons digital signage fails in corporate businesses. Learn about strategies to...
- It's not too late...Get Your Mobile Questions Answered Live! How can IT provide seamless and secure mobile communications and collaboration for all? Join this live Webcast as IDG asks an expert panel... All Web Apps White Papers | Webcasts