IDG News Service - Oracle on Tuesday will release a patch update that includes 24 security fixes for its database, application server and other products.
Ten of the patches affect Oracle's database, and two of the vulnerabilities addressed can be remotely exploited over a network without the need for a username and password, Oracle said.
Affected database components include Application Express Application Builder, Listener, Data Pump, OLAP, Secure Backup, Spatial and Universal Installer. Both 11g and 10g database releases are affected.
The update also includes three fixes for Oracle's application server. All three address vulnerabilities that can be exploited without a username or password. They affect the server's Access Manager Identity Server and Oracle Containers for J2EE components.
Other patches fix problems with Oracle E-Business Suite, PeopleSoft, JD Edwards, JRockit and Primavera.
Oracle employs the CVSS (common vulnerability scoring system) to indicate how serious security issues are. Vulnerabilities affecting Listener for Oracle Database Server, Secure Backup and JRockit received the most severe score, 10.0.
Full details of the latest update are available on Oracle's Web site.
- Mobile First: Securing Information Sprawl Learn how the partnership between Box and MobileIron can help you execute a "mobile first" strategy that manages and secures both mobile apps...
- Cybersecurity Imperatives: Reinvent your Network Security The Rise of CyberSecurity
- Surescripts Case Study- Securing Keys and Certificates Surescripts implemented Venafi's Trust Protection Platform™ to secure digital keys and certificates, ensure the privacy and confidentiality of electronic clinical information for its...
- Ponemon 2014 SSH Security Vulnerability Report According to research by the Ponemon Institute, 3 out of 4 enterprises have no security controls in place for SSH which leaves organizations...
- Responding to New SSL Cybersecurity Threat The featured Gartner research examines current strategies to address new SSL cybersecurity threats and vulnerabilities.
- Deep Dive into Advanced Networking and Security with Hybrid Cloud Security and networking are among the top concerns when moving workloads to the cloud. VMware vCloud® Hybrid Service™ enables you to extend your... All Security White Papers | Webcasts
Our new bimonthly Internet of Things newsletter helps you keep pace with the rapidly evolving technologies, trends and developments related to the IoT. Subscribe now and stay up to date!