IDG News Service - Oracle on Tuesday will release a patch update that includes 24 security fixes for its database, application server and other products.
Ten of the patches affect Oracle's database, and two of the vulnerabilities addressed can be remotely exploited over a network without the need for a username and password, Oracle said.
Affected database components include Application Express Application Builder, Listener, Data Pump, OLAP, Secure Backup, Spatial and Universal Installer. Both 11g and 10g database releases are affected.
The update also includes three fixes for Oracle's application server. All three address vulnerabilities that can be exploited without a username or password. They affect the server's Access Manager Identity Server and Oracle Containers for J2EE components.
Other patches fix problems with Oracle E-Business Suite, PeopleSoft, JD Edwards, JRockit and Primavera.
Oracle employs the CVSS (common vulnerability scoring system) to indicate how serious security issues are. Vulnerabilities affecting Listener for Oracle Database Server, Secure Backup and JRockit received the most severe score, 10.0.
Full details of the latest update are available on Oracle's Web site.
- 15 Non-Certified IT Skills Growing in Demand
- How 19 Tech Titans Target Healthcare
- Twitter Suffering From Growing Pains (and Facebook Comparisons)
- Agile Comes to Data Integration
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- The 12 PCI DSS 3.0 requirements addressed by Peer 1 Hosting This handy quick reference outlines the 12 PCI DSS 3.0 requirements, who needs to be compliant and how Alert Logic solutions address the...
- Defense Throughout the Vulnerability Life Cycle This whitepaper provides insight into how to leverage threat and log management technologies to protect your IT assets throughout their vulnerability life cycle.
- Mobile Policy Checklist Here's what to consider when putting together a mobile policy designed to support a highly productive workforce.
- Securing BYOD Mobile computing is becoming so ubiquitous that people no longer bat an eye seeing someone working two devices simultaneously. Individuals and organizations are...
- Live Webcast On-demand webinar: "Mobility Mayhem: Balancing BYOD with Enterprise Security" Check out this on-demand webinar to hear Sophos senior security expert John Shier deep dive into how BYOD impacts your enterprise security strategy...
- Live Webcast Endpoint Backup & Restore: Protect Everyone, Everywhere Arek Sokol from the bleeding-edge IT team at Genentech/Roche explains how he leverages cross-platform enterprise endpoint backup in the public cloud as part...
- Streamline Software Asset Management, Compose a software Management Symphony Keeping track of your organization's software is easy with effective software management solutions from CDW. View the videos in our software solutions channel
- Druva inSync: Endpoint Data Protection & Governance CLICK HERE to watch this video about protecting corporate data on laptops and mobile devices, sponsored by Druva. All Security White Papers | Webcasts