YouTube's Most Watched Videos of 2009
See playlist of top five videos below
PC World - Susan Boyle may not have won the top spot in "Britain's Got Talent," but the big-voiced Brit has just achieved a far more impressive feat: Her video has taken the title of most watched clip on YouTube in 2009.
YouTube released a list of its most popular videos of the year on Wednesday, taking into account aggregated views from all over the globe. And while Boyle's inaugural television appearance was the most harmonious of the bunch, the other hot commodities were no less theatrical.
Here's the full list of YouTube's most watched videos of 2009.
With more than 27 million views under its belt, this creative commercial for Evian water certainly grabbed the world's attention. No word yet how many diaper changes were involved.
Surprise, surprise: A lot of people watched the trailer for the Twilight saga's New Moon movie. Thirty-one million, to be exact. Granted, even more people probably gazed at the assets in Christian Serratos's revealing PETA ad -- but that's another story altogether.
YouTube helped a small wedding make a big splash this year. Jill and Kevin, a couple from Minnesota, busted a move as they walked down the aisle -- in fact, the entire wedding party got pretty jiggy, nuptially speaking. The wacky dancers went viral, attracting thirty-three million eyeballs over the course of '09.
A drugged-up little dude soared high on the YouTube charts, pulling in 37 million views worldwide. David, a seven-year-old boy, spouted off all sorts of nonsense following a trip to the dentist. Do his amusing antics warrant the massive merchandise and public speaking business that's sprung up since the video's success? God no. But at least they kept that Fred guy from being in this year's top five.
As promised, the saucy Miss Boyle belted her way into YouTube's most-watched spot for 2009. The clip of Boyle's first appearance on "Britain's Got Talent" garnered a whopping 120 million views across the world. Who's the master of the house now?
- Best iPhone, iPad Business Apps for 2014
- 14 Tech Conventions You Should Attend in 2014
- 10 Desktop Apps to Power Your Windows PC
- How to Add New Job Skills Without Going Back to School
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- What Datapipe customers need to know about the new PCI DSS 3.0 compliance standard This handy quick reference outlines what PCI DSS 3.0 is, who needs to be compliant and how Alert Logic solutions address the new...
- Defense Throughout the Vulnerability Life Cycle This whitepaper provides insight into how to leverage threat and log management technologies to protect your IT assets throughout their vulnerability life cycle.
- The Critical Role of Support in Your Enterprise Mobility Management Strategy Most business leaders underestimate the importance of tech support when they choose an EMM solution. Here's what to put on your checklist.
- Separating Work and Personal at the Platform Level: How BlackBerry Balance Works BlackBerry® Balance™ separates work from personal on the same mobile device, right at a platform level. Find out how it can work for...
- Live Webcast Best Practices for the Hyperconverged Enterprise Network To the Age of Constant Connectivity and Information overload
- Getting Ready for BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10.2 Find out how BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10 helps organizations address the full spectrum of EMM challenges, while balancing the needs of both the...
- Containerization Options: How to Choose the Best DLP Solution for Your Organization This webcast outlines a framework for making the right choice when it comes to containerization approaches, along with the pros and cons of... All Networking White Papers | Webcasts