YouTube's Most Watched Videos of 2009
See playlist of top five videos below
PC World - Susan Boyle may not have won the top spot in "Britain's Got Talent," but the big-voiced Brit has just achieved a far more impressive feat: Her video has taken the title of most watched clip on YouTube in 2009.
YouTube released a list of its most popular videos of the year on Wednesday, taking into account aggregated views from all over the globe. And while Boyle's inaugural television appearance was the most harmonious of the bunch, the other hot commodities were no less theatrical.
Here's the full list of YouTube's most watched videos of 2009.
With more than 27 million views under its belt, this creative commercial for Evian water certainly grabbed the world's attention. No word yet how many diaper changes were involved.
Surprise, surprise: A lot of people watched the trailer for the Twilight saga's New Moon movie. Thirty-one million, to be exact. Granted, even more people probably gazed at the assets in Christian Serratos's revealing PETA ad -- but that's another story altogether.
YouTube helped a small wedding make a big splash this year. Jill and Kevin, a couple from Minnesota, busted a move as they walked down the aisle -- in fact, the entire wedding party got pretty jiggy, nuptially speaking. The wacky dancers went viral, attracting thirty-three million eyeballs over the course of '09.
A drugged-up little dude soared high on the YouTube charts, pulling in 37 million views worldwide. David, a seven-year-old boy, spouted off all sorts of nonsense following a trip to the dentist. Do his amusing antics warrant the massive merchandise and public speaking business that's sprung up since the video's success? God no. But at least they kept that Fred guy from being in this year's top five.
As promised, the saucy Miss Boyle belted her way into YouTube's most-watched spot for 2009. The clip of Boyle's first appearance on "Britain's Got Talent" garnered a whopping 120 million views across the world. Who's the master of the house now?
- Virtually Delivered High Performance 3D Graphics "A picture is worth a thousand words." That old phrase is as true today as it ever was. Pictures (i.e., those with heavy...
- Who does NSS Labs "Recommend" for NGFW? In 2012, NSS Labs found that most available NGFW solutions "fell short in performance and security effectiveness." In 2013 NSS Labs noted "marked...
- CIOs Deliver Productivity Breakthroughs with Intelligent Digital Signage Retailers have long recognized the influence that digital signage provides over a shopper's point-of-purchase decision making process.
- Improving Business Value of WAN Optimization Want to achieve faster ROI with WAN optimization? Read the latest IDC report and discover how you can cut IT costs without compromising...
- Live Webcast IBM FlashSystem V840: Leveraging Software-Defined Flash to Drive Your Business With end-to-end, tightly integrated functionality and super-fast flash technology, products like IBM FlashSystem V840 Enterprise Performance Solution empower businesses to leverage the efficiency...
- What should I look for in a Next Generation Firewall? SANS Provides Guidance With so many vendors claiming to have a Next Generation Firewall (NGFW), it can be difficult to tell what makes each one different....
- IBM FlashSystem V840: Leveraging Software-Defined Flash to Drive Your Business With end-to-end, tightly integrated functionality and super-fast flash technology, products like IBM FlashSystem V840 Enterprise Performance Solution empower businesses to leverage the efficiency... All Networking White Papers | Webcasts
Our new bimonthly Internet of Things newsletter helps you keep pace with the rapidly evolving technologies, trends and developments related to the IoT. Subscribe now and stay up to date!