YouTube's Most Watched Videos of 2009
See playlist of top five videos below
PC World - Susan Boyle may not have won the top spot in "Britain's Got Talent," but the big-voiced Brit has just achieved a far more impressive feat: Her video has taken the title of most watched clip on YouTube in 2009.
YouTube released a list of its most popular videos of the year on Wednesday, taking into account aggregated views from all over the globe. And while Boyle's inaugural television appearance was the most harmonious of the bunch, the other hot commodities were no less theatrical.
Here's the full list of YouTube's most watched videos of 2009.
With more than 27 million views under its belt, this creative commercial for Evian water certainly grabbed the world's attention. No word yet how many diaper changes were involved.
Surprise, surprise: A lot of people watched the trailer for the Twilight saga's New Moon movie. Thirty-one million, to be exact. Granted, even more people probably gazed at the assets in Christian Serratos's revealing PETA ad -- but that's another story altogether.
YouTube helped a small wedding make a big splash this year. Jill and Kevin, a couple from Minnesota, busted a move as they walked down the aisle -- in fact, the entire wedding party got pretty jiggy, nuptially speaking. The wacky dancers went viral, attracting thirty-three million eyeballs over the course of '09.
A drugged-up little dude soared high on the YouTube charts, pulling in 37 million views worldwide. David, a seven-year-old boy, spouted off all sorts of nonsense following a trip to the dentist. Do his amusing antics warrant the massive merchandise and public speaking business that's sprung up since the video's success? God no. But at least they kept that Fred guy from being in this year's top five.
As promised, the saucy Miss Boyle belted her way into YouTube's most-watched spot for 2009. The clip of Boyle's first appearance on "Britain's Got Talent" garnered a whopping 120 million views across the world. Who's the master of the house now?
- How WAN Optimization Helps Enterprises Reduce Costs If you wanted to break down innovation into a tidy equation, it might go something like this: Technology + Connectivity = Productivity. Productivity...
- Four Little-Known Ways WAN Optimization Can Benefit Your Organization WAN optimization has evolved into a complete system that optimizes traffic across a broad range of most popular applications while providing deep visibility...
- SharePlan Security SharePlan is a continuous, secure, enterprise-ready file sync and share platform that facilitates smart, real-time collaboration across all devices.
- Three Ways Your DNS Can Impact DDoS Attacks Domain Name System (DNS) plays a big role in consumers' day-to-day Internet usage and is a critical factor when it comes to distributed...
- Online Video and Web Traffic: Sochi 2014 Winter Olympic Games Over 25 leading global broadcasters worked with Akamai to deliver the action, excitement and inspiration of Sochi because they understand online viewers expect...
- Video surveillance for IT: maximum image quality, minimum bandwidth Join us on Thursday, May 8th at 1 p.m. EST when Willem Ryan, Senior Product Marketing Manager at Avigilon, will discuss how IT... All Networking White Papers | Webcasts