Facebook testing tool to push updates onto Twitter
Social networking site confirms feature is being tested but no word on official launch date
Computerworld - Facebook and its social networking compatriot Twitter are jointly taking new steps to help users share information.
Facebook, the top social networking site, this week began testing a new feature that's designed to enable posts on its network to be automatically published on Twitter, Malorie Lucich, a Facebook spokeswoman, confirmed today. She did not disclse when the feature is likely to be officially launched.
Reports have circulated on the Internet that the feature might be released this week, but Lucich wouldn't confirm those reports.
This new move to help users share information comes just a week after Facebook disclosed that it had revamped the social network's privacy settings. That move has moved some users and privacy advocates to criticize Facebook. The critics contended that the changes would push more user data onto the Internet and, in some cases, make it harder for Facebook users to protect their privacy.
The new Facebook settings consolidate some privacy options and group them in a single interface. As it stands now, Facebook users can establish a privacy setting for every item they post on the site, using a drop-down menu.
Read more about Web Apps in Computerworld's Web Apps Topic Center.
- Six Ways Your Small Business Can Save with Internet Phone Service Traditional phone systems present two main problems for businesses: limited features and high costs. As a result, small businesses are migrating to Internet...
- Face Time Anytime Real-time communications facilitates team collaboration from nearly anywhere in the world. With facts and figures you can use to justify an investment
- Now is the time to implement a video conference solution Video conferencing is getting a lot of buzz lately due to the recent cost decrease, making it tangible for many law firms. It's...
- Video drives engagement Achieving maximum results means building a solid platform and network infrastructure. As digital age unfolds, it's clear that the ability to communicate effectively...
- Cloud Knowledge Vault Learn how your organization can benefit from the scalability, flexibility, and performance that the cloud offers through the short videos and other resources...
- LIVE EVENT: 5/7, The End of Data Protection As We Know It. Introducing a Next Generation Data Protection Architecture. Traditional backup is going away, but where does this leave end-users? All Web Apps White Papers | Webcasts