BlackBerry Enterprise Server 5.0 supports MS Exchange 2010
CIO - BlackBerry-smartphone-maker Research In Motion late last week announced that its BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES) 5.0 software for corporate e-mail deployments now supports Microsoft's new Exchange Server 2010, as part of the BES service pack 1 (SP1) maintenance release 1 (MR1).
With the initial BES 5.0 SP1 release, RIM introduced new language-support including English, French, German, Italian, Japanese and Spanish. And BES 5.0 SP1 MR1 is also now compatible with IBM Lotus Domino 8.5.1; VMware ESX 2.52 to vSphere 4.0; Microsoft SQL Server 2008 and SQL Server 2008 Express; DBNS for Windows Server 2008; and NTLM v2 authentication protocol, according to RIM.
BES 5.0 SP1 supports Microsoft's IE8 Web browser, as well.
On a related note, RIM just last week released a patch for a critical security flaw found in the BES BlackBerry Attachment Service's PDF distiller component.
- 15 Non-Certified IT Skills Growing in Demand
- How 19 Tech Titans Target Healthcare
- Twitter Suffering From Growing Pains (and Facebook Comparisons)
- Agile Comes to Data Integration
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- What Datapipe customers need to know about the new PCI DSS 3.0 compliance standard This handy quick reference outlines what PCI DSS 3.0 is, who needs to be compliant and how Alert Logic solutions address the new...
- The 12 PCI DSS 3.0 requirements addressed by Peer 1 Hosting This handy quick reference outlines the 12 PCI DSS 3.0 requirements, who needs to be compliant and how Alert Logic solutions address the...
- Defense Throughout the Vulnerability Life Cycle This whitepaper provides insight into how to leverage threat and log management technologies to protect your IT assets throughout their vulnerability life cycle.
- The Critical Role of Support in Your Enterprise Mobility Management Strategy Most business leaders underestimate the importance of tech support when they choose an EMM solution. Here's what to put on your checklist.
- Live Webcast Best Practices for the Hyperconverged Enterprise Network To the Age of Constant Connectivity and Information overload
- Live Webcast Unmasking the Differences between Consumer and Enterprise File Sync & Share The consumerization of IT combined with the rapid pace of the modern mobile workplace is forcing enterprise IT teams to evaluate file sync...
- Live Webcast Government Agency Webifies Outdated COBOL Applications Let this CTO tell you how his agency converted 1980s-era green screens into an e-filing portal for the 100,000 cases handled each year...
- The New Way to Work Knowledge Vault This Knowledge Vault focuses on how, in today's increasingly virtual world, it's more important than ever to engage deeply with employees, suppliers, partners,...
- Getting Ready for BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10.2 Find out how BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10 helps organizations address the full spectrum of EMM challenges, while balancing the needs of both the... All Applications White Papers | Webcasts