BlackBerry Enterprise Server 5.0 supports MS Exchange 2010
CIO - BlackBerry-smartphone-maker Research In Motion late last week announced that its BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES) 5.0 software for corporate e-mail deployments now supports Microsoft's new Exchange Server 2010, as part of the BES service pack 1 (SP1) maintenance release 1 (MR1).
With the initial BES 5.0 SP1 release, RIM introduced new language-support including English, French, German, Italian, Japanese and Spanish. And BES 5.0 SP1 MR1 is also now compatible with IBM Lotus Domino 8.5.1; VMware ESX 2.52 to vSphere 4.0; Microsoft SQL Server 2008 and SQL Server 2008 Express; DBNS for Windows Server 2008; and NTLM v2 authentication protocol, according to RIM.
BES 5.0 SP1 supports Microsoft's IE8 Web browser, as well.
On a related note, RIM just last week released a patch for a critical security flaw found in the BES BlackBerry Attachment Service's PDF distiller component.
- 5 Customers Deliver Virtual Desktops and Apps to Empower a Modern Workforce Learn how Citrix solutions helped 5 companies realize the full value of desktop virtualization through a project-by-project approach based on key business priorities.
- Mitigate Risk and Accelerate Time to Value Download this white paper to learn how your IT organization can accelerate business, introduce new services, and reach new markets, all while staying...
- Allay Risks in Application Rationalization and Modernization IT has to do it all: react quickly to market needs, introduce new services, capitalize on mobile, and comply with regulatory requirements, all...
- Delivering Application Data On-Demand Packaged app dev teams frequently operate with limited testing environments due to various constraints. By virtualizing the entire application stack, Delphix-powered teams can...
- Transform Your IT Service Management Watch this webinar, to learn how EasyVista can increase IT productivity & efficiency and deliver streamlined & integrated IT Service & Asset Mgmt.
- Responding to New SSL Cybersecurity Threat The featured Gartner research examines current strategies to address new SSL cybersecurity threats and vulnerabilities. All Applications White Papers | Webcasts