BlackBerry Enterprise Server 5.0 supports MS Exchange 2010
CIO - BlackBerry-smartphone-maker Research In Motion late last week announced that its BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES) 5.0 software for corporate e-mail deployments now supports Microsoft's new Exchange Server 2010, as part of the BES service pack 1 (SP1) maintenance release 1 (MR1).
With the initial BES 5.0 SP1 release, RIM introduced new language-support including English, French, German, Italian, Japanese and Spanish. And BES 5.0 SP1 MR1 is also now compatible with IBM Lotus Domino 8.5.1; VMware ESX 2.52 to vSphere 4.0; Microsoft SQL Server 2008 and SQL Server 2008 Express; DBNS for Windows Server 2008; and NTLM v2 authentication protocol, according to RIM.
BES 5.0 SP1 supports Microsoft's IE8 Web browser, as well.
On a related note, RIM just last week released a patch for a critical security flaw found in the BES BlackBerry Attachment Service's PDF distiller component.
- Silicon Valley's 19 Coolest Places to Work
- Is Windows 8 Development Worth the Trouble?
- 8 Books Every IT Leader Should Read This Year
- 10 Hot Hadoop Startups to Watch
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- CIOs Deliver Productivity Breakthroughs with Intelligent Digital Signage Retailers have long recognized the influence that digital signage provides over a shopper's point-of-purchase decision making process.
- ERP in the Cloud and the Modern Business View IDC's White Paper, to review IDC CloudTrack Survey findings, gain expert insight into the challenges and opportunities the cloud presents, and determine...
- Oracle ERP Cloud Service - Back-Office Solutions that Keep You in Front Learn how you can harness the power of the cloud to run your business more effectively and lower upfront costs.
- Integration with Oracle Fusion Financials Cloud Service While moving your financial system to the cloud may seem straightforward, truly realizing the advantages of the cloud requires a complete understanding how...
Transforming Finance, Procurement and Supply Chain Effectiveness with Cross-Functional Analytics
Date: May 6th, 2014
Time: 1 PM EDT
Attend this Webcast to find out how Oracle's packaged analytic applications enable line-of-business managers to examine all...
- Video Stream Quality Impacts Viewer Behavior This scientific white paper, using statistical data from Amakai's streaming network, analyzes how changes in video quality cause changes in viewer behavior. All Applications White Papers | Webcasts