BlackBerry Enterprise Server 5.0 supports MS Exchange 2010
CIO - BlackBerry-smartphone-maker Research In Motion late last week announced that its BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES) 5.0 software for corporate e-mail deployments now supports Microsoft's new Exchange Server 2010, as part of the BES service pack 1 (SP1) maintenance release 1 (MR1).
With the initial BES 5.0 SP1 release, RIM introduced new language-support including English, French, German, Italian, Japanese and Spanish. And BES 5.0 SP1 MR1 is also now compatible with IBM Lotus Domino 8.5.1; VMware ESX 2.52 to vSphere 4.0; Microsoft SQL Server 2008 and SQL Server 2008 Express; DBNS for Windows Server 2008; and NTLM v2 authentication protocol, according to RIM.
BES 5.0 SP1 supports Microsoft's IE8 Web browser, as well.
On a related note, RIM just last week released a patch for a critical security flaw found in the BES BlackBerry Attachment Service's PDF distiller component.
- Path Selection Infographic Path Selection Infographic
- Hyperconvergence Infographic A wide range of observers agree that data centers are now entering an era of "hyperconvergence" that will raise network traffic levels faster...
- Preparing Your Infrastructure for the Hyperconvergence Era From cloud computing and virtualization to mobility and unified communications, an array of innovative technologies is transforming today's data centers.
- Increase IT Performance from the Enterprise to the Cloud with WAN Optimization Massive consolidation and data mobility, enabled by virtualization, have radically altered how we build servers, design applications, and deploy storage for the emerging...
- Live Webcast
Transforming Finance, Procurement and Supply Chain Effectiveness with Cross-Functional Analytics
Date: May 6th, 2014
Time: 1 PM EDT
Attend this Webcast to find out how Oracle's packaged analytic applications enable line-of-business managers to examine all...
- Video Stream Quality Impacts Viewer Behavior This scientific white paper, using statistical data from Amakai's streaming network, analyzes how changes in video quality cause changes in viewer behavior.
- Service-Enabling CICS Applications: Best Practices This informative webcast provides an informed, thorough look into CICS service-enablement options and how they can affect your environment. You'll learn how to... All Applications White Papers | Webcasts