PC World - Want to automate common Firefox browsing tasks, such as logging into your Web-based mail, or tracking a package online? Then you'll want to give the free DéjàClick a try. It's a simple-to-use recording program that will record your actions, let you save them as a script, and then run them for you.
DéjàClick is an addon for Firefox. It places a series of buttons in its toolbar just below Firefox's Address Bar. You use the buttons to record and save actions, play them back, and so on. To record your actions, simply click a Start button. Then click the Stop button, save your file as a script, and when you want to replay the actions, call up the script and run it. You can also create any script as a "Super Bookmark" that lives in your normal bookmarks. When you click the Super Bookmark, instead of going to a site, it replays the script.
How useful the DéjàClick add-on is depends on whether you have many, long tasks to automate. For me, it hardly seems worth the effort to merely save a few keystrokes logging in to check Web-based email. But others may appreciate it, especially if they check certain categories on eBay, for example, and don't want to spend the navigation effort, or have longer, complex tasks they want to automate.
- Path Selection Infographic Path Selection Infographic
- Hyperconvergence Infographic A wide range of observers agree that data centers are now entering an era of "hyperconvergence" that will raise network traffic levels faster...
- Preparing Your Infrastructure for the Hyperconvergence Era From cloud computing and virtualization to mobility and unified communications, an array of innovative technologies is transforming today's data centers.
- Increase IT Performance from the Enterprise to the Cloud with WAN Optimization Massive consolidation and data mobility, enabled by virtualization, have radically altered how we build servers, design applications, and deploy storage for the emerging...
- Live Webcast
Transforming Finance, Procurement and Supply Chain Effectiveness with Cross-Functional Analytics
Date: May 6th, 2014
Time: 1 PM EDT
Attend this Webcast to find out how Oracle's packaged analytic applications enable line-of-business managers to examine all...
- Video Stream Quality Impacts Viewer Behavior This scientific white paper, using statistical data from Amakai's streaming network, analyzes how changes in video quality cause changes in viewer behavior.
- Service-Enabling CICS Applications: Best Practices This informative webcast provides an informed, thorough look into CICS service-enablement options and how they can affect your environment. You'll learn how to... All Applications White Papers | Webcasts