PC World - Want to automate common Firefox browsing tasks, such as logging into your Web-based mail, or tracking a package online? Then you'll want to give the free DéjàClick a try. It's a simple-to-use recording program that will record your actions, let you save them as a script, and then run them for you.
DéjàClick is an addon for Firefox. It places a series of buttons in its toolbar just below Firefox's Address Bar. You use the buttons to record and save actions, play them back, and so on. To record your actions, simply click a Start button. Then click the Stop button, save your file as a script, and when you want to replay the actions, call up the script and run it. You can also create any script as a "Super Bookmark" that lives in your normal bookmarks. When you click the Super Bookmark, instead of going to a site, it replays the script.
How useful the DéjàClick add-on is depends on whether you have many, long tasks to automate. For me, it hardly seems worth the effort to merely save a few keystrokes logging in to check Web-based email. But others may appreciate it, especially if they check certain categories on eBay, for example, and don't want to spend the navigation effort, or have longer, complex tasks they want to automate.
- Silicon Valley's 19 Coolest Places to Work
- Is Windows 8 Development Worth the Trouble?
- 8 Books Every IT Leader Should Read This Year
- 10 Hot Hadoop Startups to Watch
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- CIOs Deliver Productivity Breakthroughs with Intelligent Digital Signage Retailers have long recognized the influence that digital signage provides over a shopper's point-of-purchase decision making process.
- ERP in the Cloud and the Modern Business View IDC's White Paper, to review IDC CloudTrack Survey findings, gain expert insight into the challenges and opportunities the cloud presents, and determine...
- Oracle ERP Cloud Service - Back-Office Solutions that Keep You in Front Learn how you can harness the power of the cloud to run your business more effectively and lower upfront costs.
- Integration with Oracle Fusion Financials Cloud Service While moving your financial system to the cloud may seem straightforward, truly realizing the advantages of the cloud requires a complete understanding how...
- Top 4 Digital Signage Fails Join RMG Networks for a look at four of the most common reasons digital signage fails in corporate businesses. Learn about strategies to...
Transforming Finance, Procurement and Supply Chain Effectiveness with Cross-Functional Analytics
Date: May 6th, 2014
Time: 1 PM EDT
Attend this Webcast to find out how Oracle's packaged analytic applications enable line-of-business managers to examine all...
All Applications White Papers |