Google slashes price for online Picasa storage
Now offers storage space for some 10,000 full resolution photos for $5 a year
Computerworld - Google yesterday disclosed that it has significantly cut the price of online storage for users of its Picasa photo editing and sharing application.
In a blog post, Google software engineer Elvin Lee said that Picasa users can now buy 20GB of online storage capacity -- enough to store more than 10,000 full resolution pictures taken with a five megapixel camera -- for $5 a year. The price reduction represents twice as much storage for a quarter of the previous price of $20.
The free and popular Picasa tool runs on Windows-based machines and on Apple Macintoshes since January. The application allows users to move photos from a camera to the cloud for storage and sharing.
Google's online storage offerings are also available for use with several other Google Apps including Gmail, Google Docs and Spreadsheets.
Read more about Data Storage in Computerworld's Data Storage Topic Center.
- Best iPhone, iPad Business Apps for 2014
- 14 Tech Conventions You Should Attend in 2014
- 10 Desktop Apps to Power Your Windows PC
- How to Add New Job Skills Without Going Back to School
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- Gartner 2013 Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Backup/Recovery Software See why CommVault was positioned as the #1 leader in Gartner's 2013 Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Backup/Recovery software for the 3rd year in...
- Forrester Report: CommVault is a Leader in Enterprise Backup and Recovery In this report, Forrester takes a deep dive into the evaluation criteria, how CommVault is positioned and the features and functionality that make...
- Forrester Wave for Enterprise Backup and Recovery Read this report to see how CommVault continues to outpace its competitors and why Forrester positioned CommVault Simpana as the top backup and...
- Three Best Practices to Help Government Agencies Overcome BYOD Challenges This paper highlightschallenges facing government IT in a BYOD environment and discusses strategies for network preparation, ongoing support, and securing information to enable...
- Make or Break: New Auto Products Must Go To Market On Time This Webcast quantifies the value of time to market for the auto industry and highlights how Primavera Enterprise Portfolio Management can help organizations.
- IBM Flash Webcast: Optimizing your Datacenter for Efficient Storage & ROI Register for this webcast to learn the benefits of flash storage from IBM Customer, Leonardo Irastorza of Royal Caribbean Cruise Ltd and Storage... All Data Storage White Papers | Webcasts