IDG News Service - The European Commission has issued its formal "statement of objections" over Oracle's planned acquisition of Sun Microsystems, Sun said in a regulatory filing Monday.
The move is a procedural step in which the Commission lays out its preliminary views about how it thinks the merger might infringe Europe's competition laws. The filing of the statement was rumored last week to be imminent, and follows the Commission's decision in September to launch an in-depth investigation of Oracle's acquisition of Sun.
"The Statement of Objections sets out the Commission's preliminary assessment regarding, and is limited to, the combination of Sun's open source MySQL database product with Oracle's enterprise database products and its potential negative effects on competition in the market for database products," Sun said in its 8-K filing with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
Oracle and Sun can now respond to the document by presenting arguments in response to the Commission's concerns.
The statement of objections, which was issued on Monday, is "a preparatory document that does not prejudge the European Commission's final decision," Sun said in the filing. It noted that any final decision can be appealed to the European Court of First Instance.
- The Shortfall of Network Load Balancing Applications running across networks encounter a wide range of performance, security, and availability challenges as IT department strive to deliver fast, secure access...
- Leave No App Behind with Software Defined Application Services F5 Software Defined Application Services (SDAS) is the next-generation model for delivering application services that enables service injection, consumption, automation, and orchestration across...
- The ADC's Role in the New Network Infrastructure Cloud computing and the BYOD trend will impact the design of future datacenters and their supporting networks. As these trends continue, application delivery...
- Three Key Principles to Accelerating Web Applications Read this article to learn more about the essential principles driving web application acceleration technologies today.
- Transform Your IT Service Management Watch this webinar, to learn how EasyVista can increase IT productivity & efficiency and deliver streamlined & integrated IT Service & Asset Mgmt.
- Top 4 Digital Signage Fails Join RMG Networks for a look at four of the most common reasons digital signage fails in corporate businesses. Learn about strategies to... All Applications White Papers | Webcasts