Catbird tunes security software for virtual environments
Network World - Catbird has announced a new version of its security software for virtual environments that is tweaked to perform vulnerability monitoring of resources running in Amazon's EC2 cloud.
The vSecurity Cloud Edition is software that customers can buy online through Amazon's cloud service to perform auditing, inventory management, configuration management, change management, access control, vulnerability management and incident response.
The software adds support for multi-tenancy and service-oriented architecture to its vSecurity suite so it is suitable for Amazon's and any other cloud providers' networks, the company said. It is sold by Amazon along with other security software designed for a public cloud environment.
Without such monitoring and management, businesses would have to find another way to prove to regulators that they are complying with regulations for security policies dictated by the Sarbanes-Oxley Act, the Payment Card Industry, the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act and other regulations, Catbird said.
Running the software requires buying a virtual machine from the cloud provider. It can be configured to track customers' assets as they migrate to other VMs and IP addresses within the cloud, the company says.
Customers pay Catbird for the software month-to-month ranging from $100 to $500 depending on what vulnerabilities it checks for.
The service with Amazon is available now, and Catbird said it's in negotiations with other providers.
- Best iPhone, iPad Business Apps for 2014
- 14 Tech Conventions You Should Attend in 2014
- 10 Desktop Apps to Power Your Windows PC
- How to Add New Job Skills Without Going Back to School
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- See the Possibilities Utilizing Data Visualization Do you simply want to collect data, or do you want to derive business insights from it? What if you could quickly and...
- 5 Reasons To Migrate From Cisco (ACE) to Riverbed Stingray ADC As you consider refreshing your legacy Cisco ACE application delivery infrastructure, consider migrating to the Riverbed® Stingray™ family of products and learn the...
- The Sky's the Limit for Eclipse Aerospace and VCE This case study highlights how Eclipse was able to unlock critical IP, support business growth, dial up or down resources without having to...
- Implementing Agile Systems Management in Cloud and Virtual Infrastructure The solution to the obstacle stopping enterprises from realizing the benefits of cloud computing- how to extend existing enterprise management applications to the...
- Maximize Efficiency in Your Virtual Environment with Converged Solutions Efficiency is the key to success in IT, especially in a virtual environment. But traditional infrastructure management and inflexible architectures can be costly...
- Four Myths of High-Productivity App Dev Debunked Debunk the main myths surrounding high-productivity application development and how both platforms have overcome them. All Virtualization White Papers | Webcasts