Catbird tunes security software for virtual environments
Network World - Catbird has announced a new version of its security software for virtual environments that is tweaked to perform vulnerability monitoring of resources running in Amazon's EC2 cloud.
The vSecurity Cloud Edition is software that customers can buy online through Amazon's cloud service to perform auditing, inventory management, configuration management, change management, access control, vulnerability management and incident response.
The software adds support for multi-tenancy and service-oriented architecture to its vSecurity suite so it is suitable for Amazon's and any other cloud providers' networks, the company said. It is sold by Amazon along with other security software designed for a public cloud environment.
Without such monitoring and management, businesses would have to find another way to prove to regulators that they are complying with regulations for security policies dictated by the Sarbanes-Oxley Act, the Payment Card Industry, the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act and other regulations, Catbird said.
Running the software requires buying a virtual machine from the cloud provider. It can be configured to track customers' assets as they migrate to other VMs and IP addresses within the cloud, the company says.
Customers pay Catbird for the software month-to-month ranging from $100 to $500 depending on what vulnerabilities it checks for.
The service with Amazon is available now, and Catbird said it's in negotiations with other providers.
- Improving IT Efficiencies: Four Advantages of Multi-Tenant Data Centers Increasing demands on IT are forcing organizations to rethink their data center options. For many organizations, that means turning to the flexibility afforded...
- EMA Research: The Network Factor in VDI Success To reap the full benefit of a VDI deployment, organizations must assure the best possible end-user experience. The network plays a critical role...
- Implementing Energy Efficient Data Centers This paper explains how to quantify the electricity savings and provides examples of methods that can greatly reduce electrical power consumption.
- Virtualization and Cloud Computing: Optimized Power, Cooling, and Management Maximizes Benefits The effects that the cloud and virtualization have on the data center are discussed and possible solutions or methods for dealing with them...
- Building Tomorrow's Data Center with Converged Technologies A number of forces are converging: the cloud, converged infrastructure, big data and fabric architectures to name a few.
- Virtual Desktop Must-haves: Cost-effectiveness, Scalability and Security Employees today expect to take their work anywhere and on any device. This BYOD mindset poses a dilemma for organizations that want to... All Virtualization White Papers | Webcasts