Catbird tunes security software for virtual environments
Network World - Catbird has announced a new version of its security software for virtual environments that is tweaked to perform vulnerability monitoring of resources running in Amazon's EC2 cloud.
The vSecurity Cloud Edition is software that customers can buy online through Amazon's cloud service to perform auditing, inventory management, configuration management, change management, access control, vulnerability management and incident response.
The software adds support for multi-tenancy and service-oriented architecture to its vSecurity suite so it is suitable for Amazon's and any other cloud providers' networks, the company said. It is sold by Amazon along with other security software designed for a public cloud environment.
Without such monitoring and management, businesses would have to find another way to prove to regulators that they are complying with regulations for security policies dictated by the Sarbanes-Oxley Act, the Payment Card Industry, the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act and other regulations, Catbird said.
Running the software requires buying a virtual machine from the cloud provider. It can be configured to track customers' assets as they migrate to other VMs and IP addresses within the cloud, the company says.
Customers pay Catbird for the software month-to-month ranging from $100 to $500 depending on what vulnerabilities it checks for.
The service with Amazon is available now, and Catbird said it's in negotiations with other providers.
- Considerations For Effective Software License Management For many reasons, software license management has become a critical issue for many IT organizations and enterprise's alike. With many licensing options, hurdles...
- Vblock™ Specialized System for High Performance Databases Learn how Vblock™ Specialized Systems have been designed to deliver high performance in the millions of IOPS - with millisecond response times.
- Innovating Cloud Backup with Veeam Veeam leverages virtualization and cloud technologies to innovate and protect the modern data center.
- Virtualization Best Practices Guide Whether you're running applications on physical or virtual machines, you still need to stay vigilant to guard against the constant and growing hazard...
- Building Tomorrow's Data Center with Converged Technologies A number of forces are converging: the cloud, converged infrastructure, big data and fabric architectures to name a few.
- Virtual Desktop Must-haves: Cost-effectiveness, Scalability and Security Employees today expect to take their work anywhere and on any device. This BYOD mindset poses a dilemma for organizations that want to... All Virtualization White Papers | Webcasts