Zend says its Code Tracing capability eases PHP problem resolution
InfoWorld - Zend Technologies on Tuesday will release a public beta version of its Zend Server 5.0 PHP Web application server, featuring Code Tracing, which the company says will slash problem resolution time by as much as 50%.
Developers with Version 5.0 can pinpoint problems in production by viewing a "digital documentary" of the execution of their application, said Zend, which likens the capability to a black box flight recorder in an airplane. Code Tracing can be turned on and off by the Zend Server event monitoring capability so code execution is captured only during specified events. The trace is displayed in the Zend Server Web console.
[ Read how scripting languages are sparking new programming era. | Keep up with app dev issues and trends with InfoWorld's Fatal Exception blog. ]
"With Zend Server 5.0, we are revolutionizing how PHP developers can manage their production servers, significantly reducing the time spent on root cause analysis and resolution," said Andi Gutmans, CEO and co-founder of Zend, in a statement released by the company.
Version 5.0 also offers Joe Queue, which allows jobs to be performed asynchronously or at recurring intervals. Support is featured for PHP 5.3, letting developers more easily maintain and deploy concise code for applications with modern language features such as namespaces, Zend said.
Due in a production release by the end of the year, Zend Server 5.0, features support for IBM i systems in addition to Linux and Windows.
The server is integrated with Zend's Studio PHP IDE and Zend Framework for developing and deploying Web applications.
Zend Server features a PHP stack for PCI compliance; monitoring and diagnostics; code acceleration; and page-caching to boost performance. The company offers technical support, online updates, hot fixes, and security patches.
This story, "Zend says Code Tracing capability eases PHP problem resolution," was originally published at InfoWorld.com. Follow the latest developments in developer's issues at InfoWorld.com.
- IDC Report: Optimize IT and Business Gains This IDC Whitepaper outlines how CIOs can understand what the "total cost of data" is across their entire organization and how Delphix can...
- Planning for Mobile Success Many organizations are seeing clear and quantifiable benefits from the deployment of mobile technologies that provide access to data and applications any time,...
- The Business Value of Continuous Delivery Download this whitepaper to learn more about the business value of Continuous Delivery and see why it could be a game changer for...
- Coding with JRebel: Java Forever Changed With JRebel, developers get to see their code changes immediately, fine-tune their code with incremental changes, debug, explore and deploy their code with...
- Is SQL Server AlwaysOn really as powerful? Tips and Tricks from the field With the introduction of AlwaysOn, Windows Clustering Services is now more critical than ever.
- What Does it Take to Deliver a Superior Customer Experience? The Two Top-Rated Online Retailers, B&H Photo and Crutchfield Electronics, Share Their Secrets Discuss practical CX tools and service methods such as contact center agents and the use of realtime speech analytics to help contact center... All App Development White Papers | Webcasts