Microsoft plans search deals with Twitter, Facebook, reports say
Talk of deals with social networking firms are swirling online and at the Web 2.0 Summit
Computerworld - Rumors are swirling that Microsoft will announce search deals with Twitter and Facebook today.
Stefan Weitz, a product planning director at Microsoft, declined comment during his keynote address at the Web 2.0 Summit in San Francisco this morning.
All Things Digital reported that Microsoft is going to announce separate and nonexclusive deals with Twitter and Facebook. The site said that Microsoft will integrate the social networks' real-time status update feeds into Bing's search service.
Qi Lu, head of Microsoft's online services division, could be announcing the deal during another Web 2.0 Summit keynote later today.
A few weeks ago, reports surfaced that both Google and Microsoft have been wooing Twitter to ink a deal with the microblogging site.
Read more about E-business in Computerworld's E-business Topic Center.
- Best iPhone, iPad Business Apps for 2014
- 14 Tech Conventions You Should Attend in 2014
- 10 Desktop Apps to Power Your Windows PC
- How to Add New Job Skills Without Going Back to School
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- EDI in China: Developing a Strategy for B2B Integration Success IBM solutions for EDI have helped companies across the globe securely connect and build partner communities.
- The 12 PCI DSS 3.0 requirements addressed by Peer 1 Hosting This handy quick reference outlines the 12 PCI DSS 3.0 requirements, who needs to be compliant and how Alert Logic solutions address the...
- Defense Throughout the Vulnerability Life Cycle This whitepaper provides insight into how to leverage threat and log management technologies to protect your IT assets throughout their vulnerability life cycle.
- The Benefits of Automated Log Management This paper discusses the challenges associated with effective log management and enables you to better define best practices and requirements for log management...
- Polycom Virtual Meeting Rooms Video The conference room is the hub for group collaboration. With Polycom, you can extend the productivity and efficiency benefits of face-to-face meetings beyond...
- Four Myths of High-Productivity App Dev Debunked Debunk the main myths surrounding high-productivity application development and how both platforms have overcome them. All E-business White Papers | Webcasts