IDG News Service - After a record-setting week of Microsoft and Adobe security patches, Oracle is gearing up for a major update of its own next week.
Next Tuesday, the database vendor will release its quarterly Critical Patch Update, which "contains 38 security vulnerability fixes across hundreds of Oracle products," according to an advance notification posted to Oracle's Web site.
As usual, Oracle's most-patched product next week will be its flagship database, which will get 16 bug fixes. Six of these flaws may be exploitable over a network without any type of authentication, Oracle said.
Also in the mix are eight fixes for the company's E-Business Suite, three for Oracle Application Server and one for the Industry Applications Products Suite.
Patches are also planned for Oracle's BEA, PeopleSoft and JD Edwards software.
The security updates will come a week later than originally planned, as Oracle decided to give administrators attending its annual user conference in San Francisco this week a break and not force them to update their systems while attending the show.
That's turned out to be a good thing for Microsoft shops, as Microsoft released its largest-ever number of security bug fixes on Tuesday, the same day that Adobe pushed out critical security updates of its own.
- Best iPhone, iPad Business Apps for 2014
- 14 Tech Conventions You Should Attend in 2014
- 10 Desktop Apps to Power Your Windows PC
- How to Add New Job Skills Without Going Back to School
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- The 12 PCI DSS 3.0 requirements addressed by Peer 1 Hosting This handy quick reference outlines the 12 PCI DSS 3.0 requirements, who needs to be compliant and how Alert Logic solutions address the...
- Defense Throughout the Vulnerability Life Cycle This whitepaper provides insight into how to leverage threat and log management technologies to protect your IT assets throughout their vulnerability life cycle.
- Mobile Policy Checklist Here's what to consider when putting together a mobile policy designed to support a highly productive workforce.
- Securing BYOD Mobile computing is becoming so ubiquitous that people no longer bat an eye seeing someone working two devices simultaneously. Individuals and organizations are...
- Live Webcast On-demand webinar: "Mobility Mayhem: Balancing BYOD with Enterprise Security" Check out this on-demand webinar to hear Sophos senior security expert John Shier deep dive into how BYOD impacts your enterprise security strategy...
- Live Webcast Endpoint Backup & Restore: Protect Everyone, Everywhere Arek Sokol from the bleeding-edge IT team at Genentech/Roche explains how he leverages cross-platform enterprise endpoint backup in the public cloud as part...
- Streamline Software Asset Management, Compose a software Management Symphony Keeping track of your organization's software is easy with effective software management solutions from CDW. View the videos in our software solutions channel
- Druva inSync: Endpoint Data Protection & Governance CLICK HERE to watch this video about protecting corporate data on laptops and mobile devices, sponsored by Druva. All Security White Papers | Webcasts