IDG News Service - After a record-setting week of Microsoft and Adobe security patches, Oracle is gearing up for a major update of its own next week.
Next Tuesday, the database vendor will release its quarterly Critical Patch Update, which "contains 38 security vulnerability fixes across hundreds of Oracle products," according to an advance notification posted to Oracle's Web site.
As usual, Oracle's most-patched product next week will be its flagship database, which will get 16 bug fixes. Six of these flaws may be exploitable over a network without any type of authentication, Oracle said.
Also in the mix are eight fixes for the company's E-Business Suite, three for Oracle Application Server and one for the Industry Applications Products Suite.
Patches are also planned for Oracle's BEA, PeopleSoft and JD Edwards software.
The security updates will come a week later than originally planned, as Oracle decided to give administrators attending its annual user conference in San Francisco this week a break and not force them to update their systems while attending the show.
That's turned out to be a good thing for Microsoft shops, as Microsoft released its largest-ever number of security bug fixes on Tuesday, the same day that Adobe pushed out critical security updates of its own.
- EndPoint Interactive eGuide In this eGuide, Network World, Computerworld, and CIO examine two endpoint trends - BYOD and collaboration - and offer tips and advice on...
- Mobile First: Securing Information Sprawl Learn how the partnership between Box and MobileIron can help you execute a "mobile first" strategy that manages and secures both mobile apps...
- Cybersecurity Imperatives: Reinvent your Network Security The Rise of CyberSecurity
- Surescripts Case Study- Securing Keys and Certificates Surescripts implemented Venafi's Trust Protection Platform™ to secure digital keys and certificates, ensure the privacy and confidentiality of electronic clinical information for its...
- Responding to New SSL Cybersecurity Threat The featured Gartner research examines current strategies to address new SSL cybersecurity threats and vulnerabilities.
- Deep Dive into Advanced Networking and Security with Hybrid Cloud Security and networking are among the top concerns when moving workloads to the cloud. VMware vCloud® Hybrid Service™ enables you to extend your... All Security White Papers | Webcasts
Our new bimonthly Internet of Things newsletter helps you keep pace with the rapidly evolving technologies, trends and developments related to the IoT. Subscribe now and stay up to date!