New HP TouchSmart PCs get touch-enabled Hulu, Netflix and Twitter
New all-in-ones, tablet get TouchSmart 3.0, which provides 20 touch-enabled apps
Computerworld - Reinforcing its lead in the nascent touchscreen PC market, Hewlett-Packard Co. announced three new touch-enabled Windows 7 PCs on Tuesday, including two all-in-one desktops that let users control Web videos from Hulu and Netflix by tapping on the screen.
The TouchSmart 300, with 20-inch LCD screen, and TouchSmart 600, 23-inch screen, also come with small Windows 7 applications that let owners navigate Web services such as Twitter and two streaming music providers, HP Music Store by Rhapsody from RealNetworks Inc. and Pandora Internet radio.
All of the applications, except for Pandora's touch app, are exclusive to HP's TouchSmart 3.0 software suite.
The TouchSmart 300 will start at $899, and the 600 will start at $1,049. They will be available on Nov. 1 and Oct. 22, respectively. The official release of Windows 7 is slated for Oct. 22.
The TouchSmart 600 can be connected to an Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 or Wii game console via its HDMI or composite video inputs so that users can play games on its 23-inch screen.
HP also launched the TouchSmart 9100, a 23-inch touch-enabled all-in-one PC for business use. Aimed at hotels, stores, hospitals and schools, the 9100 starts at $1,299 and is expected to be available in December.
Similar to the TouchSmart 600 on specs, the 9100 also includes Firewire ports for connecting digital video cameras, and the ability to lock down USB ports for more security.
The 9100 replaces the dx9000, which was launched at CES earlier this year.
- 15 Non-Certified IT Skills Growing in Demand
- How 19 Tech Titans Target Healthcare
- Twitter Suffering From Growing Pains (and Facebook Comparisons)
- Agile Comes to Data Integration
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- Apple-ization of the Enterprise The growing wave of BYOD and increasing numbers of Apple hardware in the workplace holds major implications and opportunity for today's software companies.
- Is Your Big Data Solution Production-Ready? Read "Is Your Big Data Solution Production-Ready?" now, and discover best practices and actionable steps to implementing a production-ready big data solution.
- Pay-as-you-Grow Data Protection: IBM Tivoli's Full-featured Data Protection Suite for Small to Medium Businesses IBM Tivoli Storage Manager Suite for Unified Recovery gives small and medium businesses the opportunity to start out with only the individual solutions...
- Streamline Data Protection with IBM Tivoli Storage Manager Operations Center IBM Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM) has been an industry-standard data protection solution for two decades. But, where most competitors focus exclusively on Backup...
- Webinar: Building a Big Data solution that's production-ready Big data solutions are no longer just a nice-to-have.
- Meg Whitman presents Unlocking IT with Big Data During this Web Event you will hear Meg Whitman, President and CEO, HP discuss HAVEn - the #1 Big Data platform, as well... All PCs White Papers | Webcasts