Prospective Pirate Bay buyer faces bankruptcy proceedings
IDG News Service - Financial problems are mounting for Global Gaming Factory, which is trying to buy file-sharing site The Pirate Bay. Its former chief technical officer now wants to see it declared bankrupt, and has started proceedings in the Stockholm district court.
The sticking point is an outstanding debt, of about $200,00 to ex-CTO Johan Sellström's company, Advatar Systems.
The filing was sent to the court on Thursday and recorded on Friday. The proceedings are expected to take four to six weeks, which means that a verdict will be handed down by the end of October or beginning of November, according to a spokeswoman at the court.
Global Gaming Factory isn't aware of any bankruptcy proceedings, and is also questioning the outstanding debt, according to a statement.
Lack of funds has been a recurring theme for Global Gaming Factory since it announced plans to acquire The Pirate Bay in June.
The company was delisted from the AktieTorget exchange on Sept. 9, in part because it didn't inform its stockholders about how it planned to fund The Pirate Bay acquisition.
Also, Global Gaming Factory's CEO Hans Pandeya has recently had his boat, BMW and Harley Davidson confiscated because of an outstanding tax debt.
- 18 Hot IT Certifications for 2014
- CIOs Opting for IT Contractors Over Hiring Full-Time Staff
- 12 Best Free iOS 7 Holiday Shopping Apps
- For CMOs Big Data Can Lead to Big Profits
- Slideshow: 5 ways to lock down your mobile device
- Slideshow: 10 mistakes companies make after a data breach
- How to rob a bank: A social engineering walk through
- Which smartphone is the most secure?
If you think getting it right from day one is always what matters, you probably haven't been following technology too closely.
- IT Certification Study Tips
- Register for this Computerworld Insider Study Tip guide and gain access to hundreds of premium content articles, cheat sheets, product reviews and more.
- Mitigating DDoS Attacks with F5 Technology
- This document examines various DDoS attack methods and the application of specific ADC technologies to block attacks in the DDoS threat spectrum while...
- The DDoS Threat Spectrum
- Bolstered by favorable economics, today's global botnets are using distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attacks to target firewalls, web services, and applications, often simultaneously.
- Defending Against Denial of Service Attacks
- By utilizing end-user interviews, this whitepaper explores a deeper understanding of DDoS defense plans and reveals the knowledge gaps around the Denial of...
- Strategic Solutions for Government IT
- This paper outlines why F5 is the optimum partner to help achieve the levels of security, performance and availability that are vital to...
- Osterman White Paper: The Need for Enterprise-Grade File Transfer
- Key trends in file transfer All Government IT White Papers
- Modernizing SAP environments with minimum risk - a path to Big Data Hear from top IDC analyst, Richard Villars, about the path you can start taking now to enable your organization to get the benefits...
- The Power of the Citrix Mobility Solution, XenMobile Does everything become a smartphone? Or does the smartphone begin to do everything? How can we afford to support BYOD? Rather, how can...
- BYOD Happens: How to Secure Mobility How to navigate the journey of securing mobility, including the BYOD corruption of IT, the top ten mobility strategies, and the mobility management...
- Fighting Fraud Videos: IBM Intelligent Investigation Manager Short videos about IBM Intelligent Investigation Manager (IIM) for Fraud. IIM optimizes the investigation of fraud for customers across many industries in both...
- IBM Intelligent Investigation Manager: Online Product Demo Intelligent Investigation Manager optimizes fraud investigation and analysis and it dynamically coordinates and reports on cases, provides analysis and visualization, and enables more...
- All Government IT Webcasts
Does your organization offer extensive benefits, cool perks, competitive salaries, opportunities for training and advancement? Then get it recognized!
Nominate your company or another deserving organization for Computerworld's 2014 Best Places to Work in IT list now through Dec. 20, 2013.