Prospective Pirate Bay buyer faces bankruptcy proceedings
IDG News Service - Financial problems are mounting for Global Gaming Factory, which is trying to buy file-sharing site The Pirate Bay. Its former chief technical officer now wants to see it declared bankrupt, and has started proceedings in the Stockholm district court.
The sticking point is an outstanding debt, of about $200,00 to ex-CTO Johan Sellström's company, Advatar Systems.
The filing was sent to the court on Thursday and recorded on Friday. The proceedings are expected to take four to six weeks, which means that a verdict will be handed down by the end of October or beginning of November, according to a spokeswoman at the court.
Global Gaming Factory isn't aware of any bankruptcy proceedings, and is also questioning the outstanding debt, according to a statement.
Lack of funds has been a recurring theme for Global Gaming Factory since it announced plans to acquire The Pirate Bay in June.
The company was delisted from the AktieTorget exchange on Sept. 9, in part because it didn't inform its stockholders about how it planned to fund The Pirate Bay acquisition.
Also, Global Gaming Factory's CEO Hans Pandeya has recently had his boat, BMW and Harley Davidson confiscated because of an outstanding tax debt.
- Google I/O 2013's Coolest Products and Services
- 10 Star Trek Technologies That are Almost Here
- 19 Generations of Computer Programmers
- 25 Must-Have Technologies for SMBs
- A walking tour: 33 questions to ask about your company's security
- 15 social media scams
- The 7 elements of a successful security awareness program
- IT Certification Study Tips
- Register for this Computerworld Insider Study Tip guide and gain access to hundreds of premium content articles, cheat sheets, product reviews and more.
- Federal IT Innovation Caught in a Catch-22
- Fed resources shoring up old infrastructure, holding back new technologies.
- Harness IT -- An Introduction to Business Intelligence Solutions
- Learn the key selection criteria required to provide your organization with the capability to address structured data, unstructured data and mobile demands so...
- Business Intelligence Shows its Smarts
- Today's Business Intelligence (BI) tools provide a new way to think about data with self-service capabilities and user-friendly analytics that can be used...
- Proactive Planning for Big Data
- Big data is less about the terabytes and more about the query tools and business intelligence needed to make sense of massive amounts...
- Inquiry Spotlight: Consumer-Facing Identity
- The challenges of consumer-facing identity management, access management, and authentication differ in ways subtle and dramatic from those of the employee-facing variety. All Government IT White Papers
- Becoming An Analytics Driven Organization
- Join us on Tuesday, June 18, 2013, 11:00 AM EDT and learn how your agency can create an analytics culture that will enable...
- 3 Reasons Why Sepaton is the World's Fastest Backup Solution
- Leading analyst, Storage Switzerland learns how Sepaton backs up and deduplicates massive data volumes while maintaining the industry's fastest performance - all in...
- Enterprise File Sharing: All You Need to Know
- Security. Scalability. Control. These are just some of the many benefits of enterprise cloud file-sharing that you'll discover in this KnowledgeVault, packed with...
- Bridging HTTP and FTP with FileXpress Internet Server
- What if you could take an FTP server on your internal network, and allow external users (partners or customers) to securely access it...
- MFT and FileXpress - An Overview
- Business users and applications exchange files on a regular basis. File transfer is a core part of the flow of business activity. All Government IT Webcasts