Prospective Pirate Bay buyer faces bankruptcy proceedings
IDG News Service - Financial problems are mounting for Global Gaming Factory, which is trying to buy file-sharing site The Pirate Bay. Its former chief technical officer now wants to see it declared bankrupt, and has started proceedings in the Stockholm district court.
The sticking point is an outstanding debt, of about $200,00 to ex-CTO Johan Sellström's company, Advatar Systems.
The filing was sent to the court on Thursday and recorded on Friday. The proceedings are expected to take four to six weeks, which means that a verdict will be handed down by the end of October or beginning of November, according to a spokeswoman at the court.
Global Gaming Factory isn't aware of any bankruptcy proceedings, and is also questioning the outstanding debt, according to a statement.
Lack of funds has been a recurring theme for Global Gaming Factory since it announced plans to acquire The Pirate Bay in June.
The company was delisted from the AktieTorget exchange on Sept. 9, in part because it didn't inform its stockholders about how it planned to fund The Pirate Bay acquisition.
Also, Global Gaming Factory's CEO Hans Pandeya has recently had his boat, BMW and Harley Davidson confiscated because of an outstanding tax debt.
- Silicon Valley's 19 Coolest Places to Work
- Is Windows 8 Development Worth the Trouble?
- 8 Books Every IT Leader Should Read This Year
- 10 Hot Hadoop Startups to Watch
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
This state transportation department uses computer science students from a local university as programming interns, and everyone is happy with the arrangement -- until one intern learns how to bring down the mainframe.
- IT Certification Study Tips
- Register for this Computerworld Insider Study Tip guide and gain access to hundreds of premium content articles, cheat sheets, product reviews and more.
- Changing the Way Government Works: Four Technology Trends that Drive Down Costs and Increase Productivity
- This paper discusses four technology-based approaches to improving processes and increasing
productivity while driving down department and agency costs.
- Infographic: Converged Infrastructure Benefits
- This Infographic quantifies the savings organizations are realizing from increased deployment speed, higher availability, and lower annual costs.
- CIOs Deliver Productivity Breakthroughs with Intelligent Digital Signage
- Retailers have long recognized the influence that digital signage provides over a shopper's point-of-purchase decision making process.
- Going Paperless? Here's What You Need to Think About
- As makers of some of the world's most popular PDF solutions, we often consult with businesses & governmental agencies that have the goal...
- The Big Data Opportunity for HR and Finance
- If CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and CHROs want to drive their businesses forward, they will need to quickly recognize the enormous value of big... All Government IT White Papers
- Top 4 Digital Signage Fails Join RMG Networks for a look at four of the most common reasons digital signage fails in corporate businesses. Learn about strategies to...
- Building Tomorrow's Infrastructure Listen to this podcast to discover how Crider Foods worked with PC Connection to update their IT infrastructure, while maintaining compliance and control.
Enhance Your Virtualization Infrastructure With IBM and Vmware
Date: Wednesday, May 14, 2014, 1:00 PM EDT
Virtualization technology is now expanding beyond the server compute elements to encompass networking and storage...
Transforming Finance, Procurement and Supply Chain Effectiveness with Cross-Functional Analytics
Date: May 6th, 2014
Time: 1 PM EDT
Attend this Webcast to find out how Oracle's packaged analytic applications enable line-of-business managers to examine all...
- Cloud Knowledge Vault Learn how your organization can benefit from the scalability, flexibility, and performance that the cloud offers through the short videos and other resources...
- All Government IT Webcasts