Prospective Pirate Bay buyer faces bankruptcy proceedings
IDG News Service - Financial problems are mounting for Global Gaming Factory, which is trying to buy file-sharing site The Pirate Bay. Its former chief technical officer now wants to see it declared bankrupt, and has started proceedings in the Stockholm district court.
The sticking point is an outstanding debt, of about $200,00 to ex-CTO Johan Sellström's company, Advatar Systems.
The filing was sent to the court on Thursday and recorded on Friday. The proceedings are expected to take four to six weeks, which means that a verdict will be handed down by the end of October or beginning of November, according to a spokeswoman at the court.
Global Gaming Factory isn't aware of any bankruptcy proceedings, and is also questioning the outstanding debt, according to a statement.
Lack of funds has been a recurring theme for Global Gaming Factory since it announced plans to acquire The Pirate Bay in June.
The company was delisted from the AktieTorget exchange on Sept. 9, in part because it didn't inform its stockholders about how it planned to fund The Pirate Bay acquisition.
Also, Global Gaming Factory's CEO Hans Pandeya has recently had his boat, BMW and Harley Davidson confiscated because of an outstanding tax debt.
This state transportation department uses computer science students from a local university as programming interns, and everyone is happy with the arrangement -- until one intern learns how to bring down the mainframe.
- IT Certification Study Tips
- Register for this Computerworld Insider Study Tip guide and gain access to hundreds of premium content articles, cheat sheets, product reviews and more.
- Changing the Way Government Works: Four Technology Trends that Drive Down Costs and Increase Productivity
- This paper discusses four technology-based approaches to improving processes and increasing
productivity while driving down department and agency costs.
- Path Selection Infographic
- Path Selection Infographic
- Hyperconvergence Infographic
- A wide range of observers agree that data centers are now entering an era of "hyperconvergence" that will raise network traffic levels faster...
- Preparing Your Infrastructure for the Hyperconvergence Era
- From cloud computing and virtualization to mobility and unified communications, an array of innovative technologies is transforming today's data centers.
- How WAN Optimization Helps Enterprises Reduce Costs
- If you wanted to break down innovation into a tidy equation, it might go something like this: Technology + Connectivity = Productivity. Productivity... All Government IT White Papers
- LIVE EVENT: 5/7, The End of Data Protection As We Know It. Introducing a Next Generation Data Protection Architecture. Traditional backup is going away, but where does this leave end-users?
- On-demand webinar: "Mobility Mayhem: Balancing BYOD with Enterprise Security" Check out this on-demand webinar to hear Sophos senior security expert John Shier deep dive into how BYOD impacts your enterprise security strategy...
- Mobile Security: Containerizing Enterprise Data In this on-demand webinar, Fixmo's Lee Cocking, VP of corporate strategy, explains why Apple-ization trends like mobility and "bring-your-own-device" (BYOD) are driving the...
- Endpoint Data Management: Protecting the Perimeter of the Internet of Things Not surprisingly, "Internet of Things" (IoT) and Big Data present new challenges AND opportunities for enterprise IT. Teams need to harness, secure and...
- How to Protect Enterprise Data Yet Enable Secure Access for End Users Learn how BYOD, Big Data and the use of rogue applications and devices is putting corporate data at risk, best practices from IT...
- All Government IT Webcasts