Prospective Pirate Bay buyer faces bankruptcy proceedings
IDG News Service - Financial problems are mounting for Global Gaming Factory, which is trying to buy file-sharing site The Pirate Bay. Its former chief technical officer now wants to see it declared bankrupt, and has started proceedings in the Stockholm district court.
The sticking point is an outstanding debt, of about $200,00 to ex-CTO Johan Sellström's company, Advatar Systems.
The filing was sent to the court on Thursday and recorded on Friday. The proceedings are expected to take four to six weeks, which means that a verdict will be handed down by the end of October or beginning of November, according to a spokeswoman at the court.
Global Gaming Factory isn't aware of any bankruptcy proceedings, and is also questioning the outstanding debt, according to a statement.
Lack of funds has been a recurring theme for Global Gaming Factory since it announced plans to acquire The Pirate Bay in June.
The company was delisted from the AktieTorget exchange on Sept. 9, in part because it didn't inform its stockholders about how it planned to fund The Pirate Bay acquisition.
Also, Global Gaming Factory's CEO Hans Pandeya has recently had his boat, BMW and Harley Davidson confiscated because of an outstanding tax debt.
This pilot fish is a contractor at a military base, working on some very cool fire-control systems for tanks. But when he spots something obviously wrong during a live-fire test, he can't get the firing-range commander's attention.
- IT Certification Study Tips
- Register for this Computerworld Insider Study Tip guide and gain access to hundreds of premium content articles, cheat sheets, product reviews and more.
- Reduce federal infrastructure risk with compliance management and situational awareness
- IBM continuous monitoring and management solutions deliver real-time situational awareness to help federal agencies understand vulnerabilities, and protect the infrastructure.
- The Business Value of Continuous Delivery
- Download this whitepaper to learn more about the business value of Continuous Delivery and see why it could be a game changer for...
- Ten Factors Shaping the Future of Application Delivery
- Download this research report conducted by Enterprise Management Associates (EMA) to learn how those that are seeking to accelerate application delivery are leveraging...
- Software Asset Management: Ensuring Today's Assets
- Today's trends like BYOD and SaaS are new and exciting in terms of how they will help make our jobs more productive but...
- Trends Shaping Software Management: 2014
- Most IT executives recognize the relationship between mobile computing and worker productivity, and have long issued notebook computers and other mobile devices to... All Government IT White Papers
- On-demand webinar - 7 Keys to Service Catalog Implementation Success Watch this webinar to learn 7 crucial keys to make your service catalog a success!
- Transform Your IT Service Management Watch this webinar, to learn how EasyVista can increase IT productivity & efficiency and deliver streamlined & integrated IT Service & Asset Mgmt.
- IBM FlashSystem V840: Leveraging Software-Defined Flash to Drive Your Business With end-to-end, tightly integrated functionality and super-fast flash technology, products like IBM FlashSystem V840 Enterprise Performance Solution empower businesses to leverage the efficiency...
- Leveraging Flash Storage to Accelerate Oracle Real Application Clusters Join this webinar to understand the latest solid-state storage trends, the specific applications driving solid-state storage deployments and the benefits of deploying the...
- Top 4 Digital Signage Fails Join RMG Networks for a look at four of the most common reasons digital signage fails in corporate businesses. Learn about strategies to...
- All Government IT Webcasts