PC World - If you find yourself doing the same tasks over and over again in Firefox, maybe it's time you automated some of those things. Free add-on iMacros for Firefox records your keystrokes and actions and saves them as macros. Then you can then perform recorded tasks with the click of a button.
Click the iMacros button in the Firefox toolbar, and the add-in appears in the Firefox sidebar. To record a macro, click the Rec tab, then click Record. When you're done recording, click Stop, give the macro a name, and your work is done. The macro will now appear in a list, and you can run it by highlighting it, and clicking Play in the Play tab. To get you started, iMacros comes stocked with pre-built macros, which appear in the Play tab. When you add your own, they appear in that tab as well, and you can see dozens at a time .
What can you do with iMacros for Firefox? Things as complicated as logging into a webmail account like Gmail and creating a blank e-mail, or as simple as checking stock quotes. Users comfortable with scripting can make it do more as well, because you can tell it to perform more sophisticated tasks, such as performing automated, in-depth testing of Web sites. In addition, you can use it in concert with other scripting technologies, such as Windows Scripting Host, and so you can call scripts created with iMacros from inside other scripting tools. But it's simple enough to use so that anyone can create basic macros for tasks such as checking email and getting stock quotes.
- Path Selection Infographic Path Selection Infographic
- Hyperconvergence Infographic A wide range of observers agree that data centers are now entering an era of "hyperconvergence" that will raise network traffic levels faster...
- Preparing Your Infrastructure for the Hyperconvergence Era From cloud computing and virtualization to mobility and unified communications, an array of innovative technologies is transforming today's data centers.
- Increase IT Performance from the Enterprise to the Cloud with WAN Optimization Massive consolidation and data mobility, enabled by virtualization, have radically altered how we build servers, design applications, and deploy storage for the emerging...
- Live Webcast
Transforming Finance, Procurement and Supply Chain Effectiveness with Cross-Functional Analytics
Date: May 6th, 2014
Time: 1 PM EDT
Attend this Webcast to find out how Oracle's packaged analytic applications enable line-of-business managers to examine all...
- Video Stream Quality Impacts Viewer Behavior This scientific white paper, using statistical data from Amakai's streaming network, analyzes how changes in video quality cause changes in viewer behavior.
- Service-Enabling CICS Applications: Best Practices This informative webcast provides an informed, thorough look into CICS service-enablement options and how they can affect your environment. You'll learn how to... All Applications White Papers | Webcasts