PC World - If you find yourself doing the same tasks over and over again in Firefox, maybe it's time you automated some of those things. Free add-on iMacros for Firefox records your keystrokes and actions and saves them as macros. Then you can then perform recorded tasks with the click of a button.
Click the iMacros button in the Firefox toolbar, and the add-in appears in the Firefox sidebar. To record a macro, click the Rec tab, then click Record. When you're done recording, click Stop, give the macro a name, and your work is done. The macro will now appear in a list, and you can run it by highlighting it, and clicking Play in the Play tab. To get you started, iMacros comes stocked with pre-built macros, which appear in the Play tab. When you add your own, they appear in that tab as well, and you can see dozens at a time .
What can you do with iMacros for Firefox? Things as complicated as logging into a webmail account like Gmail and creating a blank e-mail, or as simple as checking stock quotes. Users comfortable with scripting can make it do more as well, because you can tell it to perform more sophisticated tasks, such as performing automated, in-depth testing of Web sites. In addition, you can use it in concert with other scripting technologies, such as Windows Scripting Host, and so you can call scripts created with iMacros from inside other scripting tools. But it's simple enough to use so that anyone can create basic macros for tasks such as checking email and getting stock quotes.
- Silicon Valley's 19 Coolest Places to Work
- Is Windows 8 Development Worth the Trouble?
- 8 Books Every IT Leader Should Read This Year
- 10 Hot Hadoop Startups to Watch
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- Acxiom Case Study This case study, which focuses on Acxiom, explores how the company was able to secure employee data, reduce migration costs and boost productivity...
- Windows® XP Migration: Protect and Secure Critical Data With the end of the Microsoft Windows XP operating system's lifecycle on April 8, 2014, businesses are faced with the decision to migrate...
- Exponentially Accelerate Data Protection and Recovery with Simpana 10 IntelliSnap® Snapshot Management Technology Are you making the best use of your storage array snapshot functionality? CommVault Simpana 10 IntelliSnap technology manages hardware-based snapshots across multiple vendor...
- Simpana IntelliSnap Technology Datasheet With IntelliSnap you can maximize the value of your snapshot technology while dramatically reducing management overhead and complexity.
- Top 4 Digital Signage Fails Join RMG Networks for a look at four of the most common reasons digital signage fails in corporate businesses. Learn about strategies to...
Transforming Finance, Procurement and Supply Chain Effectiveness with Cross-Functional Analytics
Date: May 6th, 2014
Time: 1 PM EDT
Attend this Webcast to find out how Oracle's packaged analytic applications enable line-of-business managers to examine all...
All Applications White Papers |