IDG News Service - Pat Gelsinger, a top executive who has been with Intel for 30 years, is leaving the company for EMC, an EMC spokeswoman said Monday.
Storage vendor EMC will hire Gelsinger as president and chief operating officer for the company's information infrastructure product portfolio, the spokeswoman said, asking not to be named. Gelsinger, currently co-manager of Intel's core digital enterprise group, has long been a key executive for Intel. He has also held the positions of chief technology officer and research head at Intel.
The EMC spokeswoman declined to say when the move would take effect. An Intel spokeswoman declined to comment but said Gelsinger is listed as a keynote speaker on the Web site for next week's Intel Developer Forum.
Gelsinger's move was first reported in The New York Times, which said Intel plans to announce a raft of management changes including his departure on Monday. A report in The Wall Street Journal said Gelsinger will immediately take over EMC's storage product operations.
- 5 Customers Deliver Virtual Desktops and Apps to Empower a Modern Workforce Learn how Citrix solutions helped 5 companies realize the full value of desktop virtualization through a project-by-project approach based on key business priorities.
- Top 10 Reasons to Strengthen Information Security with Desktop Virtualization Regain control and reduce risk without sacrificing business productivity and growth
- IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Client Virtualization Software 2013 Vendor Assessment IDC has placed Citrix in the 2013 IDC MarketScape Leaders Category once again noting that, "Citrix's position reflects the company's market leadership and...
- Infographic: Top Use Cases for Desktop Virtualization A wide range of business issues is driving IT toward desktop virtualization. One solution-Citrix XenDesktop with FlexCast technology-helps IT teams empower their entire...
- What Does it Take to Deliver a Superior Customer Experience? The Two Top-Rated Online Retailers, B&H Photo and Crutchfield Electronics, Share Their Secrets Discuss practical CX tools and service methods such as contact center agents and the use of realtime speech analytics to help contact center...
- Keep Servers Up and Running and Attackers in the Dark An SSL/TLS handshake requires at least 10 times more processing power on a server than on the client. SSL renegotiation attacks can readily... All IT Careers White Papers | Webcasts
Our 28th annual survey results show which IT skills are in high demand and which are cooling off. Also, see how your salary stacks up to peers' with our Smart Salary Tool.