iPhone users complain of problems after upgrade
IDG News Service - A day after the latest iPhone software became available, some users are complaining about new problems with their phones like a shorter battery life and random shutdowns.
Apple on Wednesday introduced version 3.1 of the iPhone software in iTunes, where it became available for phone users to download.
Today, customers began complaining on an Apple support forum and on Twitter about problems.
"I updated last night without a hitch," one user going by the name MarkGoBlue wrote on the forum. "But now I get random complete shut downs of the phone." After a hard reboot, he can get the phone back to normal.
Four people commented that they had the same issue, with one person saying that the phone has shut down five times since downloading the new software.
Other users say that the battery life of the phone seems shorter since making the update. One says that he upgraded the phone and charged the battery to 100%. After going to bed and waking up six hours later, the battery life was at 55%, he said. During that time the phone didn't receive any calls, and Wi-Fi and Bluetooth were turned off.
Some customers are also saying that after making the update, all their podcasts seem to show up in random order, rather than by date.
Some corporate users have also started having trouble syncing their Exchange e-mail since the 3.1 upgrade.
Scattered reports of problems have popped up during the past couple of iPhone software updates, typically related to the volume of people trying to download the update at once.
Apple did not immediately reply to a request for comment.
- Apple's CarPlay vs. MirrorLink: Is there a need for both?
- Apple's CarPlay to spark mobile apps war in your car
- iTunes is almost as big a biz as OEM Windows
- Icahn says 'I can't' and stops $50B fight over Apple stock buyback
- Lenovo-Moto deal's impact on Apple? Zip
- Office 365 turns one, but success is tough to tally
- Everyone bets on bigger iPhone for '14
- Apple's iPod business collapses as revenue becomes a rounding error
- Update: More than 1B smartphones were shipped in 2013
- Cook admits Apple blew the call on the iPhone 5C
- 15 Non-Certified IT Skills Growing in Demand
- How 19 Tech Titans Target Healthcare
- Twitter Suffering From Growing Pains (and Facebook Comparisons)
- Agile Comes to Data Integration
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- The Critical Role of Support in Your Enterprise Mobility Management Strategy Most business leaders underestimate the importance of tech support when they choose an EMM solution. Here's what to put on your checklist.
- Separating Work and Personal at the Platform Level: How BlackBerry Balance Works BlackBerry® Balance™ separates work from personal on the same mobile device, right at a platform level. Find out how it can work for...
- Protection for Every Enterprise: How BlackBerry Security Works Get an IT-level review of BlackBerry® Security, addressing data leakage protection, certified encryption, containerization and much more.
- Future Focus: What's Coming in Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) Find out why Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) solutions that are truly future-ready must be designed to enable Machine-to-Machine (M2M) capabilities and much more.
- Live Webcast On-demand webinar: "Mobility Mayhem: Balancing BYOD with Enterprise Security" Check out this on-demand webinar to hear Sophos senior security expert John Shier deep dive into how BYOD impacts your enterprise security strategy...
- Live Webcast Unmasking the Differences between Consumer and Enterprise File Sync & Share The consumerization of IT combined with the rapid pace of the modern mobile workplace is forcing enterprise IT teams to evaluate file sync...
- Live Webcast Workforce Mobilization for Improved Productivity A mobility research director from Aberdeen discusses reasons for extending legacy applications to mobile devices, and an integration strategist from Attachmate shows how...
- Getting Ready for BlackBerry Enterprise Service 10.2 Find out how BlackBerry® Enterprise Service 10 helps organizations address the full spectrum of EMM challenges, while balancing the needs of both the...
- Containerization Options: How to Choose the Best DLP Solution for Your Organization This webcast outlines a framework for making the right choice when it comes to containerization approaches, along with the pros and cons of... All Mobile/Wireless White Papers | Webcasts