iPhone users complain of problems after upgrade
IDG News Service - A day after the latest iPhone software became available, some users are complaining about new problems with their phones like a shorter battery life and random shutdowns.
Apple on Wednesday introduced version 3.1 of the iPhone software in iTunes, where it became available for phone users to download.
Today, customers began complaining on an Apple support forum and on Twitter about problems.
"I updated last night without a hitch," one user going by the name MarkGoBlue wrote on the forum. "But now I get random complete shut downs of the phone." After a hard reboot, he can get the phone back to normal.
Four people commented that they had the same issue, with one person saying that the phone has shut down five times since downloading the new software.
Other users say that the battery life of the phone seems shorter since making the update. One says that he upgraded the phone and charged the battery to 100%. After going to bed and waking up six hours later, the battery life was at 55%, he said. During that time the phone didn't receive any calls, and Wi-Fi and Bluetooth were turned off.
Some customers are also saying that after making the update, all their podcasts seem to show up in random order, rather than by date.
Some corporate users have also started having trouble syncing their Exchange e-mail since the 3.1 upgrade.
Scattered reports of problems have popped up during the past couple of iPhone software updates, typically related to the volume of people trying to download the update at once.
Apple did not immediately reply to a request for comment.
- Apple will 'set the world on fire' with iPhone 6 sales
- The other Apple economy: $2B in devices on eBay
- Apple sends users scrambling for OS X Yosemite
- Apple grows Mac sales by 18% on the back of the MacBook Air
- What to listen for during Apple's earnings call today
- Timeline: How Apple's iOS gained enterprise cred
- Apple and IBM: A winning combo for IT
- IBM and Apple ties go way back
- Apple quickly counters China claim of iPhone spying
- China calls the iPhone and iOS 7 threats to national security
- What is this "File Sync" Thing and Why Should I Care About It? All of a sudden, getting a file from your work laptop to your iPad became as simple as clicking "Save." So it's no...
- The 5 Big Lies About Going Mobile You've heard about the power of mobile to change your business. But have you realized your mobile potential? It's about much more than...
- BYOP: How Mobile and Social Are Creating New User Personas The digital world of mobile + social creates new customer segments and behaviors. Companies need to reorient their customer interactions around these segments...
- Software Asset Management: Ensuring Today's Assets Today's trends like BYOD and SaaS are new and exciting in terms of how they will help make our jobs more productive but...
- Why do you need an enterprise mobile platform? Today companies must offer great apps that run on a range of devices, and connect to an exploding set of backend data. Appcelerator...
- Technology for Everyone A Kansas school district modernizes teaching and learning and paves the way to a one-to-one program with a comprehensive upgrade of its wireless... All Mobile/Wireless White Papers | Webcasts