iPhone users complain of problems after upgrade
IDG News Service - A day after the latest iPhone software became available, some users are complaining about new problems with their phones like a shorter battery life and random shutdowns.
Apple on Wednesday introduced version 3.1 of the iPhone software in iTunes, where it became available for phone users to download.
Today, customers began complaining on an Apple support forum and on Twitter about problems.
"I updated last night without a hitch," one user going by the name MarkGoBlue wrote on the forum. "But now I get random complete shut downs of the phone." After a hard reboot, he can get the phone back to normal.
Four people commented that they had the same issue, with one person saying that the phone has shut down five times since downloading the new software.
Other users say that the battery life of the phone seems shorter since making the update. One says that he upgraded the phone and charged the battery to 100%. After going to bed and waking up six hours later, the battery life was at 55%, he said. During that time the phone didn't receive any calls, and Wi-Fi and Bluetooth were turned off.
Some customers are also saying that after making the update, all their podcasts seem to show up in random order, rather than by date.
Some corporate users have also started having trouble syncing their Exchange e-mail since the 3.1 upgrade.
Scattered reports of problems have popped up during the past couple of iPhone software updates, typically related to the volume of people trying to download the update at once.
Apple did not immediately reply to a request for comment.
- First-to-market means diddly when it comes to smartwatches
- Apple slates WWDC for June 2-6, sets up ticket lottery
- Nadella to Cook on Office revenue sharing: Drop dead
- Microsoft scraps 'Windows-first' practice, puts Office on iPad before Surface
- iOS tops Android for Web browsing in U.S. and other developed nations
- Microsoft's free OneNote vaults to top of Mac App Store chart
- Apple discounts iPhone 5C 8%-9% in five markets via storage cuts
- Microsoft's OneNote strategy: Battle Evernote, or something bigger?
- Microsoft's new lower-priced Office 365 is 'obvious preface' for iPad suite
- Apple's CarPlay vs. MirrorLink: Is there a need for both?
- The Apple-ization of the Enterprise: Understanding IT's New World Read this paper for how to tackle Apple-ization (and the related consumerization of IT and Bring Your Own Device/BYOD).
- A Practical Introduction to Enterprise Mobility Management Read the white paper to better understand the basic concepts within mobility management and to learn how you can apply EMM technology to...
- Enterprise Mobility: A Checklist for Secure Containerization The advantages and disadvantages of the multiple approaches to containerization. Learn More>>
- Enterprise Endpoint Backup Checklist Read this checklist to learn how to create a back up strategy to quickly and easily protect your endpoint data.
- On-demand webinar: "Mobility Mayhem: Balancing BYOD with Enterprise Security" Check out this on-demand webinar to hear Sophos senior security expert John Shier deep dive into how BYOD impacts your enterprise security strategy...
- Mobile Security: Containerizing Enterprise Data In this on-demand webinar, Fixmo's Lee Cocking, VP of corporate strategy, explains why Apple-ization trends like mobility and "bring-your-own-device" (BYOD) are driving the... All Mobile/Wireless White Papers | Webcasts