Open Group announces standards for SOA, cloud computing
InfoWorld - The Open Group, a consortium focused on standards and interoperability for enterprises, today will announce the availability of what it describes as industry standards for the adoption of SOA and cloud computing.
[ Earlier this year, Open Group launched version 9 of The Open Group Architecture Framework. | Keep up on the day's tech news headlines with InfoWorld's Today's Headlines: First Look newsletter and InfoWorld Daily podcast. ]
"These are two very different standards that are both important for the deployment of SOA (service oriented archhitecture) within large organizations," said Chris Harding, forum director for SOA and semantic interoperability at The Open Group, in a statement. "Enterprises use OSIMM when considering adopting SOA, to help them determine what level of SOA is appropriate to their needs and capabilities. They use the SOA Governance Framework once they have adopted SOA to help them determine how to organize themselves to use it to their best advantage. Together, the standards enable enterprises to accelerate SOA deployment and generate direct business value much sooner."
SOA Governance Framework, developed by The Open Group SOA Work Group, is a free guide for organizations to apply governance standards to accelerate the success rates of SOA, Open Group said. OSIMM offers a maturity model for advancing the adoption of SOA and cloud computing within and across businesses, Open Group said.
IBM is endorsing both SOA Governance Framework and OSIMM.
"[SOA Governance Framework] provides guidance and methods to oversee the planning, building and managing of SOA solutions," said Karla Norsworthy, vice president of software standards at IBM, in a statement released by Open Group.
"OSIMM sets the foundation for an iterative, roadmap-based approach to deploying services aligned with organizational objectives," said Kerrie Holley, IBM fellow and worldwide chief technology officer at the IBM SOA Center of Excellence.
- 15 Non-Certified IT Skills Growing in Demand
- How 19 Tech Titans Target Healthcare
- Twitter Suffering From Growing Pains (and Facebook Comparisons)
- Agile Comes to Data Integration
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- Pay-as-you-Grow Data Protection: IBM Tivoli's Full-featured Data Protection Suite for Small to Medium Businesses IBM Tivoli Storage Manager Suite for Unified Recovery gives small and medium businesses the opportunity to start out with only the individual solutions...
- Streamline Data Protection with IBM Tivoli Storage Manager Operations Center IBM Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM) has been an industry-standard data protection solution for two decades. But, where most competitors focus exclusively on Backup...
- Simplify and Consolidate Data Protection for Better Business Results Learn about IBM® Tivoli® Storage Manager Operations Center, which provides advanced visualization, built-in analytics and integrated workflow automation features that leapfrog traditional backup...
- HP HAVEn: See the big picture in Big Data HP HAVEn is the industry's first comprehensive, scalable, open, and secure platform for Big Data. Enterprises are drowning in a sea of data...
- Meg Whitman presents Unlocking IT with Big Data During this Web Event you will hear Meg Whitman, President and CEO, HP discuss HAVEn - the #1 Big Data platform, as well...
- The New Way to Work Knowledge Vault This Knowledge Vault focuses on how, in today's increasingly virtual world, it's more important than ever to engage deeply with employees, suppliers, partners,... All Knowledge Center White Papers | Webcasts