It's a boy! Twitter CEO's wife tweets during labor
Sara Morishige Williams keeps followers updated from water breaking to 'Epidural, yes please'
And today, the wife of the CEO of Twitter Inc. was Twittering from the hospital where she was in labor. That's right: tweeting during the childbirth process.
Sara Morishige Williams, who is married to Twitter CEO Evan Williams, gave her nearly 15,000 followers an update late last night that labor had begun. "Dear Twitter, My water broke. It wasn't like Charlotte in Sex and the City. Now, timing contractions on an iPhone app," she tweeted.
Over the next 14 hours, Williams gave periodic updates. They ran from "The Contraction Tracker was fun until the contractions got painful" to "Epidural, yes please."
Her husband went Twitter-silent until a little before 4 p.m. EDT today, when he wrote, "Yes! @sara gave birth to a perfect baby boy. Both are well. 8 pounds, 21 inches! Smiles all around."
Twitter's microblogging service seemed to be fully up on its feet today after a distributed denial-of-service attack late last week crashed the site for two hours last Thursday. Twitter was still feeling the effects of the attack over the weekend when it was suffering slowdowns and interruptions.
Read more about Web Apps in Computerworld's Web Apps Topic Center.
- 15 Non-Certified IT Skills Growing in Demand
- How 19 Tech Titans Target Healthcare
- Twitter Suffering From Growing Pains (and Facebook Comparisons)
- Agile Comes to Data Integration
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- Face Time Anytime Real-time communications facilitates team collaboration from nearly anywhere in the world. With facts and figures you can use to justify an investment
- Riverbed Stingray Application Firewall: Securing Cloud Applications with a Distributed Web Application Firewall Responsibility over IT security is moving away from the network and IT infrastructure and to the application and software architecture itself. IT organizations...
- Now is the time to implement a video conference solution Video conferencing is getting a lot of buzz lately due to the recent cost decrease, making it tangible for many law firms. It's...
- Video drives engagement Achieving maximum results means building a solid platform and network infrastructure. As digital age unfolds, it's clear that the ability to communicate effectively...
- Meg Whitman presents Unlocking IT with Big Data During this Web Event you will hear Meg Whitman, President and CEO, HP discuss HAVEn - the #1 Big Data platform, as well...
- The New Way to Work Knowledge Vault This Knowledge Vault focuses on how, in today's increasingly virtual world, it's more important than ever to engage deeply with employees, suppliers, partners,... All Web Apps White Papers | Webcasts