It's a boy! Twitter CEO's wife tweets during labor
Sara Morishige Williams keeps followers updated from water breaking to 'Epidural, yes please'
And today, the wife of the CEO of Twitter Inc. was Twittering from the hospital where she was in labor. That's right: tweeting during the childbirth process.
Sara Morishige Williams, who is married to Twitter CEO Evan Williams, gave her nearly 15,000 followers an update late last night that labor had begun. "Dear Twitter, My water broke. It wasn't like Charlotte in Sex and the City. Now, timing contractions on an iPhone app," she tweeted.
Over the next 14 hours, Williams gave periodic updates. They ran from "The Contraction Tracker was fun until the contractions got painful" to "Epidural, yes please."
Her husband went Twitter-silent until a little before 4 p.m. EDT today, when he wrote, "Yes! @sara gave birth to a perfect baby boy. Both are well. 8 pounds, 21 inches! Smiles all around."
Twitter's microblogging service seemed to be fully up on its feet today after a distributed denial-of-service attack late last week crashed the site for two hours last Thursday. Twitter was still feeling the effects of the attack over the weekend when it was suffering slowdowns and interruptions.
Read more about Web Apps in Computerworld's Web Apps Topic Center.
- The DDoS Threat Spectrum Bolstered by favorable economics, today's global botnets are using distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attacks to target firewalls, web services, and applications, often simultaneously.
- Need to Replace MS Threat Management Gateway? Read this article to learn how F5's Secure Web Gateway solution provides a full set of features that can help you successfully migrate...
- The Shortfall of Network Load Balancing Applications running across networks encounter a wide range of performance, security, and availability challenges as IT department strive to deliver fast, secure access...
- Leave No App Behind with Software Defined Application Services F5 Software Defined Application Services (SDAS) is the next-generation model for delivering application services that enables service injection, consumption, automation, and orchestration across...
- Keep Servers Up and Running and Attackers in the Dark An SSL/TLS handshake requires at least 10 times more processing power on a server than on the client. SSL renegotiation attacks can readily...
- On Demand: Mastering the Art of Mobile Content Management Mobile device usage in the enterprise has skyrocketed, and it continues to escalate. IT must answer to users who demand access to their... All Web Apps White Papers | Webcasts