It's a boy! Twitter CEO's wife tweets during labor
Sara Morishige Williams keeps followers updated from water breaking to 'Epidural, yes please'
And today, the wife of the CEO of Twitter Inc. was Twittering from the hospital where she was in labor. That's right: tweeting during the childbirth process.
Sara Morishige Williams, who is married to Twitter CEO Evan Williams, gave her nearly 15,000 followers an update late last night that labor had begun. "Dear Twitter, My water broke. It wasn't like Charlotte in Sex and the City. Now, timing contractions on an iPhone app," she tweeted.
Over the next 14 hours, Williams gave periodic updates. They ran from "The Contraction Tracker was fun until the contractions got painful" to "Epidural, yes please."
Her husband went Twitter-silent until a little before 4 p.m. EDT today, when he wrote, "Yes! @sara gave birth to a perfect baby boy. Both are well. 8 pounds, 21 inches! Smiles all around."
Twitter's microblogging service seemed to be fully up on its feet today after a distributed denial-of-service attack late last week crashed the site for two hours last Thursday. Twitter was still feeling the effects of the attack over the weekend when it was suffering slowdowns and interruptions.
Read more about Web Apps in Computerworld's Web Apps Topic Center.
- Six Ways Your Small Business Can Save with Internet Phone Service Traditional phone systems present two main problems for businesses: limited features and high costs. As a result, small businesses are migrating to Internet...
- Face Time Anytime Real-time communications facilitates team collaboration from nearly anywhere in the world. With facts and figures you can use to justify an investment
- Now is the time to implement a video conference solution Video conferencing is getting a lot of buzz lately due to the recent cost decrease, making it tangible for many law firms. It's...
- Video drives engagement Achieving maximum results means building a solid platform and network infrastructure. As digital age unfolds, it's clear that the ability to communicate effectively...
- LIVE EVENT: 5/7, The End of Data Protection As We Know It. Introducing a Next Generation Data Protection Architecture. Traditional backup is going away, but where does this leave end-users?
- On-demand webinar: "Mobility Mayhem: Balancing BYOD with Enterprise Security" Check out this on-demand webinar to hear Sophos senior security expert John Shier deep dive into how BYOD impacts your enterprise security strategy... All Web Apps White Papers | Webcasts