Oracle issues big security patch update
It includes 10 security fixes for its database
IDG News Service - Oracle on Tuesday released its latest quarterly patch update, which includes 10 security fixes for its database and also addresses a range of vulnerabilities across the vendor's applications portfolio.
Among the 10 database vulnerabilites, three can be exploited across a network without a user name or password. Affected database components include advanced replication, network authentication, Secure Enterprise Search and configuration management, Oracle said.
Two other patches are for Oracle Application Server weaknesses that can also be exploited remotely without authentication, Oracle said.
Another group of fixes addresses issues with Oracle E-Business Suite components, including Advanced Supply Chain Planning, Oracle Applications Framework, iStore and iSupplier Portal.
In addition, Oracle is shipping a total of four fixes for its PeopleSoft Enterprise, JD Edwards Enterprise One and Siebel application families, two patches for Oracle Secure Backup, and two for Enterprise Manager.
The patch update also targets five vulnerabilites in BEA products, including JRockit, Complex Event Processing and the WebLogic application server. All of the issues can be remotely exploited, Oracle said.
Oracle uses the CVSS (common vulnerability scoring system) method to rate the severity of security problems. In this update, vulnerabilities in the JRockit and Secure Backup products received a CVSS score of 10.0, the highest possible.
Full details of the patch update are available on Oracle's Web site. The next quarterly release is scheduled for Oct. 13.
- Radicati: Cloud Business Email - Market Quadrant 2013 Google was named the top cloud business email provider in a recent report by research firm Radicati. Out of 14 key players, Google...
- Tablets in the Enterprise: A Checklist for Successful Deployment How can you enterprise manage and secure tablets in order to protect corporate data while providing access to the information and applications employees...
- Enterprise Mobility: A Checklist for Secure Containerization The advantages and disadvantages of the multiple approaches to containerization. Learn More>>
- Enterprise File Sync & Share Checklist File sync and share has changed the way people work and collaborate in today's tech-savvy world. Gone are the email roadblocks, clunky FTP...
- Live Webcast LIVE EVENT: 5/7, The End of Data Protection As We Know It. Introducing a Next Generation Data Protection Architecture. Traditional backup is going away, but where does this leave end-users?
- LIVE EVENT: 5/7, The End of Data Protection As We Know It. Introducing a Next Generation Data Protection Architecture. Traditional backup is going away, but where does this leave end-users?
- On-demand webinar: "Mobility Mayhem: Balancing BYOD with Enterprise Security" Check out this on-demand webinar to hear Sophos senior security expert John Shier deep dive into how BYOD impacts your enterprise security strategy... All Security White Papers | Webcasts