Oracle issues big security patch update
It includes 10 security fixes for its database
IDG News Service - Oracle on Tuesday released its latest quarterly patch update, which includes 10 security fixes for its database and also addresses a range of vulnerabilities across the vendor's applications portfolio.
Among the 10 database vulnerabilites, three can be exploited across a network without a user name or password. Affected database components include advanced replication, network authentication, Secure Enterprise Search and configuration management, Oracle said.
Two other patches are for Oracle Application Server weaknesses that can also be exploited remotely without authentication, Oracle said.
Another group of fixes addresses issues with Oracle E-Business Suite components, including Advanced Supply Chain Planning, Oracle Applications Framework, iStore and iSupplier Portal.
In addition, Oracle is shipping a total of four fixes for its PeopleSoft Enterprise, JD Edwards Enterprise One and Siebel application families, two patches for Oracle Secure Backup, and two for Enterprise Manager.
The patch update also targets five vulnerabilites in BEA products, including JRockit, Complex Event Processing and the WebLogic application server. All of the issues can be remotely exploited, Oracle said.
Oracle uses the CVSS (common vulnerability scoring system) method to rate the severity of security problems. In this update, vulnerabilities in the JRockit and Secure Backup products received a CVSS score of 10.0, the highest possible.
Full details of the patch update are available on Oracle's Web site. The next quarterly release is scheduled for Oct. 13.
- Best iPhone, iPad Business Apps for 2014
- 14 Tech Conventions You Should Attend in 2014
- 10 Desktop Apps to Power Your Windows PC
- How to Add New Job Skills Without Going Back to School
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- The 12 PCI DSS 3.0 requirements addressed by Peer 1 Hosting This handy quick reference outlines the 12 PCI DSS 3.0 requirements, who needs to be compliant and how Alert Logic solutions address the...
- Defense Throughout the Vulnerability Life Cycle This whitepaper provides insight into how to leverage threat and log management technologies to protect your IT assets throughout their vulnerability life cycle.
- Alert Logic for PCI DSS Compliance To achieve PCI DSS compliance, you must identify and remediate all critical vulnerabilities detected during PCI scans. Threat Manager streamlines this process by...
- Cybersecurity Imperatives Reinvent Your Network Security With Palo Alto Networks The Rise of CyberSecurity
- Live Webcast On-demand webinar: "Mobility Mayhem: Balancing BYOD with Enterprise Security" Check out this on-demand webinar to hear Sophos senior security expert John Shier deep dive into how BYOD impacts your enterprise security strategy...
- Live Webcast Endpoint Backup & Restore: Protect Everyone, Everywhere Arek Sokol from the bleeding-edge IT team at Genentech/Roche explains how he leverages cross-platform enterprise endpoint backup in the public cloud as part...
- Streamline Software Asset Management, Compose a software Management Symphony Keeping track of your organization's software is easy with effective software management solutions from CDW. View the videos in our software solutions channel
- Druva inSync: Endpoint Data Protection & Governance CLICK HERE to watch this video about protecting corporate data on laptops and mobile devices, sponsored by Druva. All Security White Papers | Webcasts