Oracle issues big security patch update
It includes 10 security fixes for its database
IDG News Service - Oracle on Tuesday released its latest quarterly patch update, which includes 10 security fixes for its database and also addresses a range of vulnerabilities across the vendor's applications portfolio.
Among the 10 database vulnerabilites, three can be exploited across a network without a user name or password. Affected database components include advanced replication, network authentication, Secure Enterprise Search and configuration management, Oracle said.
Two other patches are for Oracle Application Server weaknesses that can also be exploited remotely without authentication, Oracle said.
Another group of fixes addresses issues with Oracle E-Business Suite components, including Advanced Supply Chain Planning, Oracle Applications Framework, iStore and iSupplier Portal.
In addition, Oracle is shipping a total of four fixes for its PeopleSoft Enterprise, JD Edwards Enterprise One and Siebel application families, two patches for Oracle Secure Backup, and two for Enterprise Manager.
The patch update also targets five vulnerabilites in BEA products, including JRockit, Complex Event Processing and the WebLogic application server. All of the issues can be remotely exploited, Oracle said.
Oracle uses the CVSS (common vulnerability scoring system) method to rate the severity of security problems. In this update, vulnerabilities in the JRockit and Secure Backup products received a CVSS score of 10.0, the highest possible.
Full details of the patch update are available on Oracle's Web site. The next quarterly release is scheduled for Oct. 13.
- PCI 3.0 Compliance In this white paper, learn how PCI-DSS 3.0 effects how you deploy and maintain PCI compliant networks using CradlePoint devices.
- Mitigating Security Risks at the Networks Edge This white paper provides strategies and best practices for distributed enterprises to protect their networks against vulnerabilities, threats, and malicious attacks.
- 5 Strategies for Modern Data Protection Read the five strategies for modern data protection that will not only help solve your current data management challenges but also ensure that...
- 5 Ways Dropbox for Business Keeps Your Data Protected Protecting your data isn't a feature on a checklist, something to be tacked on as an afterthought. Download here to find out how...
- Business-driven data protection Setting up data protection infrastructures with your organizations' core mission or business in mind is key. In this webinar, the ARCserve team will...
- On-Demand Webinar: Mind the Gap! Watch the webinar featuring Bob Janssen, CTO and Co-Founder of RES Software, to start building a solid foundation for business and IT to... All Security White Papers | Webcasts
Our new bimonthly Internet of Things newsletter helps you keep pace with the rapidly evolving technologies, trends and developments related to the IoT. Subscribe now and stay up to date!