Dunkin' Donuts looks to ease coffee run with new site, iPhone app
New Dunkin' Run Web site and application aims to quickly take group orders
Computerworld - Tired of scooting around the office, writing down everyone's order in a piece of scrap paper before making that run to Dunkin' Donuts?
Large black coffee with two sugars. Small with extra cream and one sugar. Medium decaf with milk and a packet of Equal. Iced coffee. Hot coffee. And don't forget the donuts. How many coffee and donut order combinations could there be? Tell your co-workers you're making a run to Dunkin' Donuts and you'll probably find out.
Well, it seems the IT folks at the coffee company can feel your pain.
"We conceived of Dunkin' Run as a social application that helps hard-working Americans stay slightly more productive," said Baba Shetty, chief media officer at Hill, Holliday, Connors, Cosmopulos Inc., Dunkin's advertising firm.
Here's how it works:
The person making the run can initiate a group order at her company using a PC, a mobile device or the new iPhone application, which can be downloaded for free from iTunes. Then alerts are sent to the runner's list of co-workers or friends informing them that a run is going to be made and that they can place their order online. Users can look at the menu online or check out their own list of favorites.
The runner then can print out the page and take it to the store, or she can bring the page to the local Dunkin' Donuts on her mobile device.
Read more about Web Apps in Computerworld's Web Apps Topic Center.
- 6TB Oracle Ecommerce Stack Deployed on AWS in 7 Days A Fortune 1000 company was told that it would take more than 6 months to deploy their ecommerce stack on AWS. CloudVelocity deployed...
- 5 Customers Deliver Virtual Desktops and Apps to Empower a Modern Workforce Learn how Citrix solutions helped 5 companies realize the full value of desktop virtualization through a project-by-project approach based on key business priorities.
- Top 10 Reasons to Strengthen Information Security with Desktop Virtualization Regain control and reduce risk without sacrificing business productivity and growth
- IDC MarketScape: Worldwide Client Virtualization Software 2013 Vendor Assessment IDC has placed Citrix in the 2013 IDC MarketScape Leaders Category once again noting that, "Citrix's position reflects the company's market leadership and...
- What Does it Take to Deliver a Superior Customer Experience? The Two Top-Rated Online Retailers, B&H Photo and Crutchfield Electronics, Share Their Secrets Discuss practical CX tools and service methods such as contact center agents and the use of realtime speech analytics to help contact center...
- Keep Servers Up and Running and Attackers in the Dark An SSL/TLS handshake requires at least 10 times more processing power on a server than on the client. SSL renegotiation attacks can readily... All E-business White Papers | Webcasts