Dunkin' Donuts looks to ease coffee run with new site, iPhone app
New Dunkin' Run Web site and application aims to quickly take group orders
Computerworld - Tired of scooting around the office, writing down everyone's order in a piece of scrap paper before making that run to Dunkin' Donuts?
Large black coffee with two sugars. Small with extra cream and one sugar. Medium decaf with milk and a packet of Equal. Iced coffee. Hot coffee. And don't forget the donuts. How many coffee and donut order combinations could there be? Tell your co-workers you're making a run to Dunkin' Donuts and you'll probably find out.
Well, it seems the IT folks at the coffee company can feel your pain.
"We conceived of Dunkin' Run as a social application that helps hard-working Americans stay slightly more productive," said Baba Shetty, chief media officer at Hill, Holliday, Connors, Cosmopulos Inc., Dunkin's advertising firm.
Here's how it works:
The person making the run can initiate a group order at her company using a PC, a mobile device or the new iPhone application, which can be downloaded for free from iTunes. Then alerts are sent to the runner's list of co-workers or friends informing them that a run is going to be made and that they can place their order online. Users can look at the menu online or check out their own list of favorites.
The runner then can print out the page and take it to the store, or she can bring the page to the local Dunkin' Donuts on her mobile device.
Read more about Web Apps in Computerworld's Web Apps Topic Center.
- 6TB Oracle Ecommerce Stack Deployed on AWS in 7 Days A Fortune 1000 company was told that it would take more than 6 months to deploy their ecommerce stack on AWS. CloudVelocity deployed...
- Big Data, Big Mess: Sound Risk Intelligence Through Complete Context This paper examines the insecurity of the small businesses in the supply chain and offers tips to close those backdoors into the enterprise.
- Using Cyber Insurance and Cybercrime Data to Limit Your Business Risk This paper examines the challenges of understanding cyber risks, the importance of having the right cyber risk intelligence, and how to use this...
- 5 Tips to Secure Small Business Backdoors in the Enterprise Supply Chain This paper examines the insecurity of the small businesses in the supply chain and offers tips to close those backdoors into the enterprise.
- NSS Labs & Cisco Present: Evaluating Leading Breach Detection Systems Today's constantly evolving advanced malware and APTs can evade point-in-time defenses to penetrate networks. Security professionals must evolve their strategy in lockstep to...
- Will the Real Endpoint Threat Detection and Response Please Stand Up? This webinar explores new technologies & process for protecting endpoints from advanced attackers as well as the innovations that are pushing the envelope... All E-business White Papers | Webcasts