Dunkin' Donuts looks to ease coffee run with new site, iPhone app
New Dunkin' Run Web site and application aims to quickly take group orders
Computerworld - Tired of scooting around the office, writing down everyone's order in a piece of scrap paper before making that run to Dunkin' Donuts?
Large black coffee with two sugars. Small with extra cream and one sugar. Medium decaf with milk and a packet of Equal. Iced coffee. Hot coffee. And don't forget the donuts. How many coffee and donut order combinations could there be? Tell your co-workers you're making a run to Dunkin' Donuts and you'll probably find out.
Well, it seems the IT folks at the coffee company can feel your pain.
"We conceived of Dunkin' Run as a social application that helps hard-working Americans stay slightly more productive," said Baba Shetty, chief media officer at Hill, Holliday, Connors, Cosmopulos Inc., Dunkin's advertising firm.
Here's how it works:
The person making the run can initiate a group order at her company using a PC, a mobile device or the new iPhone application, which can be downloaded for free from iTunes. Then alerts are sent to the runner's list of co-workers or friends informing them that a run is going to be made and that they can place their order online. Users can look at the menu online or check out their own list of favorites.
The runner then can print out the page and take it to the store, or she can bring the page to the local Dunkin' Donuts on her mobile device.
Read more about Web Apps in Computerworld's Web Apps Topic Center.
- Path Selection Infographic Path Selection Infographic
- Hyperconvergence Infographic A wide range of observers agree that data centers are now entering an era of "hyperconvergence" that will raise network traffic levels faster...
- Preparing Your Infrastructure for the Hyperconvergence Era From cloud computing and virtualization to mobility and unified communications, an array of innovative technologies is transforming today's data centers.
- How WAN Optimization Helps Enterprises Reduce Costs If you wanted to break down innovation into a tidy equation, it might go something like this: Technology + Connectivity = Productivity. Productivity...
- LIVE EVENT: 5/7, The End of Data Protection As We Know It. Introducing a Next Generation Data Protection Architecture. Traditional backup is going away, but where does this leave end-users?
- On-demand webinar: "Mobility Mayhem: Balancing BYOD with Enterprise Security" Check out this on-demand webinar to hear Sophos senior security expert John Shier deep dive into how BYOD impacts your enterprise security strategy... All E-business White Papers | Webcasts