Apple CEO Jobs had liver transplant, report says
He is recuperating and still expected to be back at work part-time later this month
IDG News Service - Apple CEO Steve Jobs received a liver transplant about two months ago to treat an undisclosed medical condition, according a news report published in the Wall Street Journal late Friday.
Jobs, who is on leave of absence from the company because of health issues, received the transplant in Tennessee, according to the news report. He is recovering well and is expected to return to work later this month on a part-time basis.
Jobs, who is a survivor of pancreatic cancer, took leave in January from the company citing health issues. Jobs at the time said he had been diagnosed with a hormone imbalance that caused him to lose weight. The health-related issues were "more complex" than he originally thought, Jobs wrote in a memo to Apple employees at the time.
Apple's Chief Operating Officer Tim Cook took charge of day-to-day operations in Jobs' absence.
Word of Jobs' liver transplant came on the same day Apple released the third version of its popular iPhone. This release did not draw the huge numbers of crowds waiting in line that past iPhone releases had.
- 15 Non-Certified IT Skills Growing in Demand
- How 19 Tech Titans Target Healthcare
- Twitter Suffering From Growing Pains (and Facebook Comparisons)
- Agile Comes to Data Integration
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- Future Focus: What's Coming in Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) Find out why Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) solutions that are truly future-ready must be designed to enable Machine-to-Machine (M2M) capabilities and much more.
- The CIO's Guide to Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) This guide will help those making an EMM platform decision make the best choice for their organization.
- Yankee Group: BlackBerry Results Refute Rumors of its Demise Yankee Group: BlackBerry® is stronger than the press makes it out to be.
- Your New EMM Platform: How to Streamline the Migration Smartphone migration can be resource-intensive and challenging. Find out how outsourcing the process can save significant time and money.
- Live Webcast Increasing the Value of Your Reports and Dashboards Learn how incorporating other analytical capabilities such as predictive modeling and visualization can increase the value of your reports and dashboards by providing...
- Testimonial: Cystic Fibrosis Trust Peter Hawkins, the Head of IT for Cystic Fibrosis Trust, discusses the role CommVault's Simpana software platform plays in improving the company's information...
- Increasing the Value of Your Reports and Dashboards Learn how incorporating other analytical capabilities such as predictive modeling and visualization can increase the value of your reports and dashboards by providing... All Management White Papers | Webcasts