InfoWorld - 3Tera introduced this week a marketplace for exchanging production-ready cloud components on a pay-per-use basis.
The 3Tera AppStore is a portal intended for enterprise users, software, and "data center experts," the company said. It features software stacks for use in AppLogic cloud deployments. AppLogic is 3Tera's cloud computing platform for in-house private clouds and cloud computing services; IT professionals can deploy online applications via a browser.
The store catalog features infrastructure elements and networking components, such as load balancers and firewalls. Also included are server components like Web and directory servers and storage offerings.
"With the introduction of 3Tera's AppStore, we're enabling a community of software providers to make their products easily available in the cloud and accessible on-demand," said Barry X. Lynn, 3Tera chairman and CEO, in a statement released by the company.
Users can access pre-configured applications to add to AppLogic catalogs. Many are free or offered for trial use. Others are provided on a pay-per-use basis. ISVs can distribute cloud components and data center architects and consultants can publish application infrastructures.
Initial partners in the AppStore initiative include CohesiveIT, Layer 7 Technlogies, Soasta, Tap In Systems, and Zeus Technology. The beta version of AppStore goes live in the third quarter of this year.
- Accelerating Cloud Deployment and Operations with Managed Services Companies that do not have sufficient in-house expertise to either deploy or maintain an IaaS cloud should turn to Managed Service Providers .
- Rethinking IT Operations in the Cloud This paper breaks down the challenges that often prevent the cloud from delivering the fast, flexible and affordable infrastructure companies seek - and...
- Gartner Magic Quadrant for Cloud-Enabled Managed Hosting, North America Cloud-enabled managed hosting brings cloudlike consumption and provisioning attributes to the traditional managed hosting market
- Clearing the Network Hurdle to Cloud Deployment Although enthusiasm is high among IT pros for cloud services, an IDG Research Quick Poll survey found that, in fact, the cloud is...
- Why Are Customers Really Deploying an NGFW? It seems every IT Security expert is talking about the NGFW, but what are people really doing? This webcast covers 5 real-world customer...
- ElectricAccelerator: Dramatically Faster Builds and Test ElectricAccelerator dramatically speeds up builds and test by parallelizing jobs across clusters of physical or cloud CPUs. All Cloud Computing White Papers | Webcasts
Our new weekly Consumerization of IT newsletter covers a wide range of trends including BYOD, smartphones, tablets, MDM, cloud, social and what it all means for IT. Subscribe now and stay up to date!