InfoWorld - 3Tera introduced this week a marketplace for exchanging production-ready cloud components on a pay-per-use basis.
The 3Tera AppStore is a portal intended for enterprise users, software, and "data center experts," the company said. It features software stacks for use in AppLogic cloud deployments. AppLogic is 3Tera's cloud computing platform for in-house private clouds and cloud computing services; IT professionals can deploy online applications via a browser.
The store catalog features infrastructure elements and networking components, such as load balancers and firewalls. Also included are server components like Web and directory servers and storage offerings.
"With the introduction of 3Tera's AppStore, we're enabling a community of software providers to make their products easily available in the cloud and accessible on-demand," said Barry X. Lynn, 3Tera chairman and CEO, in a statement released by the company.
Users can access pre-configured applications to add to AppLogic catalogs. Many are free or offered for trial use. Others are provided on a pay-per-use basis. ISVs can distribute cloud components and data center architects and consultants can publish application infrastructures.
Initial partners in the AppStore initiative include CohesiveIT, Layer 7 Technlogies, Soasta, Tap In Systems, and Zeus Technology. The beta version of AppStore goes live in the third quarter of this year.
- Transform IT: Transform the Enterprise This paper provides IT leaders with insight into three IT imperatives that 24 CIOs and senior IT executives used to reposition IT and...
- Case Study Adopting ITSM Tech to Support ITIL Initiatives CIO Bart Murphy Improves Service Delivery while Lowering Costs by consolidating services across 6 business units.
- Upstream Print Solutions improve customer service Fuji Xerox Australia subsidiary Upstream Print Solutions is rolling out SaaS service delivery to facilities, field engineering, health and safety, client service and...
- 5 Hybrid Cloud Starting Points Did you know that more than 50% of organizations are already using or planning a move to hybrid cloud?
- IBM Global SaaS Study Video This video introduces the IBM Global SaaS study conducted by the Center for Applied Insights. The study reveals how companies are using Software...
- Brunswick Moves Messaging and Collaboration to the IBM cloud Gerry Orten, Jr, Electronic Messaging Manager at Brunswick talks about why Brunswick moved to the IBM cloud. All Cloud Computing White Papers | Webcasts