InfoWorld - 3Tera introduced this week a marketplace for exchanging production-ready cloud components on a pay-per-use basis.
The 3Tera AppStore is a portal intended for enterprise users, software, and "data center experts," the company said. It features software stacks for use in AppLogic cloud deployments. AppLogic is 3Tera's cloud computing platform for in-house private clouds and cloud computing services; IT professionals can deploy online applications via a browser.
The store catalog features infrastructure elements and networking components, such as load balancers and firewalls. Also included are server components like Web and directory servers and storage offerings.
"With the introduction of 3Tera's AppStore, we're enabling a community of software providers to make their products easily available in the cloud and accessible on-demand," said Barry X. Lynn, 3Tera chairman and CEO, in a statement released by the company.
Users can access pre-configured applications to add to AppLogic catalogs. Many are free or offered for trial use. Others are provided on a pay-per-use basis. ISVs can distribute cloud components and data center architects and consultants can publish application infrastructures.
Initial partners in the AppStore initiative include CohesiveIT, Layer 7 Technlogies, Soasta, Tap In Systems, and Zeus Technology. The beta version of AppStore goes live in the third quarter of this year.
- 15 Non-Certified IT Skills Growing in Demand
- How 19 Tech Titans Target Healthcare
- Twitter Suffering From Growing Pains (and Facebook Comparisons)
- Agile Comes to Data Integration
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- ESG: The IBM FlashSystem 840: Technical Evolution to Deliver Business Value In this whitepaper, you will learn how this high-speed storage technology has tremendous potential to support I/O-intensive and/or latency-sensitive applications.
- Choosing an MDM Platform: Where to Start the Conversation If you're in the early stages of choosing an MDM solution, or you're considering switching vendors, here are seven critical questions to ask...
- Axeda Platform Technical Overview This paper summarizes the major features of an IoT platform and explains how they simplify and speed the process of developing and deploying...
- Stock Shock: The effect of project and portfolio management on share price In this independent report, you'll see the intrinsic connection between long-term capital investment and short term market performance -- and how this can...
- Meg Whitman presents Unlocking IT with Big Data During this Web Event you will hear Meg Whitman, President and CEO, HP discuss HAVEn - the #1 Big Data platform, as well...
- Cloud Knowledge Vault Learn how your organization can benefit from the scalability, flexibility, and performance that the cloud offers through the short videos and other resources... All Cloud Computing White Papers | Webcasts