Sprint will launch Palm Pre on June 6
It'll be $199 with a two-year agreement and after a $100 rebate
IDG News Service - The Palm Pre will be available in the U.S. on June 6 for $199.99 with a two-year service agreement and after a $100 mail-in rebate, Sprint announced on Tuesday.
The QWERTY smartphone, which is based on Palm's new operating system webOS, comes with a touch interface and a 3.1-inch display. It has support for EV-DO Rev A, 802.11 b and g, GPS (Global Positioning System), Bluetooth with stereo support, a 3-megapixel camera with LED flash and 8GB of built-in storage, but no memory card slot.
The phone software can combine personal and professional calendar, contacts and e-mail into one centralized view, according to the operator. Users can, for example, group together Outlook, Google and Facebook calendars or collect e-mail from multiple accounts in one inbox. All conversations with the same person over instant messaging or text messaging are grouped together in one chat-style view.
The phone organizes multiple active applications using "activity cards," large icons that line up on the display. Using the touch interface, users can flip through them, move them around, or throw them off screen by dragging a finger from the bottom to the top of the screen.
The phone can be picked up in Sprint stores, Best Buy, Radio Shack, select Wal-Mart stores and online at Sprint.com, Sprint said.
- Assessing ROI for Mobile Acceleration Clients This EMA® paper examines the business case for deploying mobile WAN optimization client software and builds a ROI model based on the experiences...
- The Apple-ization of the Enterprise: Understanding IT's New World Read this paper for how to tackle Apple-ization (and the related consumerization of IT and Bring Your Own Device/BYOD).
- A Practical Introduction to Enterprise Mobility Management Read the white paper to better understand the basic concepts within mobility management and to learn how you can apply EMM technology to...
- Enterprise Mobility: A Checklist for Secure Containerization The advantages and disadvantages of the multiple approaches to containerization. Learn More>>
- On-demand webinar: "Mobility Mayhem: Balancing BYOD with Enterprise Security" Check out this on-demand webinar to hear Sophos senior security expert John Shier deep dive into how BYOD impacts your enterprise security strategy...
- Mobile Security: Containerizing Enterprise Data In this on-demand webinar, Fixmo's Lee Cocking, VP of corporate strategy, explains why Apple-ization trends like mobility and "bring-your-own-device" (BYOD) are driving the... All Mobile/Wireless White Papers | Webcasts
Our new weekly Consumerization of IT newsletter covers a wide range of trends including BYOD, smartphones, tablets, MDM, cloud, social and what it all means for IT. Subscribe now and stay up to date!