And now, Verizon reported in talks with Microsoft for new phone
WSJ reports that the two parties are working on a new Windows Mobile device code-named Pink
Computerworld - In the latest iteration of its plans to combat the iPhone, Verizon Wireless is reportedly working with Microsoft Corp. to create a Windows Mobile wireless device with a touch screen and multimedia capabilities.
The device, code-named Pink, would appear early next year, giving Verizon another product to compete with Apple Inc.'s iPhone, according to a report in the Wall Street Journal that cites unnamed sources.
A Verizon spokeswoman wouldn't comment on the story. Verizon also would not comment on earlier reports that it was working with Apple to get the ability to run an iPhone on its CDMA networks, or that Apple was creating two prototypes for iPhone-like devices.
Microsoft officials could not be reached immediately for comment.
A third party would build the Pink device, which would include Windows Marketplace for Mobile -- Microsoft's mobile application store, according to Wall Street Journal.
Read more about Mobile/Wireless in Computerworld's Mobile/Wireless Topic Center.
- Leverage the Power of APIs to Turbocharge Your Mobile Strategy: 7 Steps to a Successful API Program In this guide, Intel® Services-which offers industry-leading API management solutions for over 150 top enterprises, including Best Buy, Netflix, Expedia, ESPN, and The...
- Mission Critical Cloud Powers Freesat Website, Mobile App When subscription-free satellite TV service Freesat needed a scalable, cost-effective infrastructure it found the disaster recovery and security features it needed with Peer...
- Bring Your Own Device: From Security to Success Download this e-Book to learn best practices for executing a BYOD policy.
- Securing Mobile App Data - Comparing Containers and App Wrappers Analysts agree that Mobile Device Management (MDM) is not enough when it comes to securing app data. Although it remains a critical component...
- API Management: The Key to Improving the Consumer Travel Experience Join PhoCusWright's Senior Technology Analyst, Norm Rose, as he shares his insights on how travel suppliers and intermediaries can improve industry data flow...
- Don't Believe the Hype: Not All Containers are Created Equal Hear executives discuss the 3 C's of Secure Mobility-content, credentials, and configurations-and learn the inherent security risks to your organization of using MDM... All Mobile/Wireless White Papers | Webcasts