Xerox outsources management of data centers to India's HCL
Outsourcing vendor will run nine Xerox data centers in the U.S. and Europe
IDG News Service - India-based outsourcer HCL Technologies Ltd. will provide data center services to Xerox Corp. under a six-year contract.
The value of the deal is about $100 million, according to a source close to the situation. Under the contract, HCL will run nine Xerox data centers in the U.S. and Europe.
The services that HCL will provide include management of midrange systems as well as business continuity and disaster recovery, the outsourcing vendor announced today. It also will be in charge of data center migration, virtualization, server consolidation and Xerox's storage architecture.
The Xerox contract is the third large remote infrastructure management deal bagged by HCL thus far this year.
Last month, the vendor nabbed a seven-year, $350 million outsourcing contract from The Reader's Digest Association Inc. in Pleasantville, N.Y., for IT infrastructure management, application development and other services. HCL said it will provide IT services to Reader's Digest operations in 45 countries.
In addition, HCL announced in January that it had won a five-year contract from Nokia Corp. for outsourced desktop management and help desk services across 76 countries.
IT infrastructure services accounted for 15.3% of HCL's revenue in the fourth quarter of last year.
A number of Indian outsourcers are targeting remote infrastructure management as the next big opportunity, after previously focusing largely focused on application development and maintenance.
The new outsourcing agreement is the second major IT-related deal between Xerox and HCL in recent months. Last November, the two companies announced that HCL would be a systems integrator for Xerox's managed print services offering on a worldwide basis.
- Study: Total Economic Impact of Google Apps Employees can work faster and IT spending can decrease when companies switch to Google Apps, says a commissioned study by Forrester Consulting. Going...
- Protecting Digitalized Assets in Healthcare Healthcare providers face an urgent, internal battle every day: security and compliance versus productivity and service. For most healthcare organizations, the fight is...
- Is a SaaS Deployment Right for You? Find out the answer and as well as the other deployment options.
- Discover How Mail Express Solves 2 of Your Biggest IT Headaches Email. It can be the source of some of IT's biggest headaches. As it eats up storage and bandwidth, it also opens up...
- Increasing the Value of Your Reports and Dashboards Learn how incorporating other analytical capabilities such as predictive modeling and visualization can increase the value of your reports and dashboards by providing...
- Video surveillance for IT: maximum image quality, minimum bandwidth Join us on Thursday, May 8th at 1 p.m. EST when Willem Ryan, Senior Product Marketing Manager at Avigilon, will discuss how IT... All Management White Papers | Webcasts