Update: Fairpoint says New Hampshire outages only scattered
Customer service representative mistakenly said earlier the Internet service outage was statewide
Computerworld - Internet services for some FairPoint Communications Inc. customers in New Hampshire were down for a period of time on Wednesday.
A company spokeswoman said there were "scattered outages" in the state affecting fewer than 100 customers, not a statewide outage, as reported earlier.
At 12:30 p.m., a FairPoint customer service representative told Computerworld that service was down for the entire state and would be repaired in about 12 hours.
The spokeswoman said the affected customers would have service restored on a "case-by-case" basis. She said there were "individual issues" involved with each but did not elaborate.
FairPoint is based in Charlotte, N.C., and serves nearly 2 million customers in 18 states.
Read more about Networking in Computerworld's Networking Topic Center.
- How WAN Optimization Helps Enterprises Reduce Costs If you wanted to break down innovation into a tidy equation, it might go something like this: Technology + Connectivity = Productivity. Productivity...
- Four Little-Known Ways WAN Optimization Can Benefit Your Organization WAN optimization has evolved into a complete system that optimizes traffic across a broad range of most popular applications while providing deep visibility...
- SharePlan Security SharePlan is a continuous, secure, enterprise-ready file sync and share platform that facilitates smart, real-time collaboration across all devices.
- Three Ways Your DNS Can Impact DDoS Attacks Domain Name System (DNS) plays a big role in consumers' day-to-day Internet usage and is a critical factor when it comes to distributed...
- Online Video and Web Traffic: Sochi 2014 Winter Olympic Games Over 25 leading global broadcasters worked with Akamai to deliver the action, excitement and inspiration of Sochi because they understand online viewers expect...
- Video surveillance for IT: maximum image quality, minimum bandwidth Join us on Thursday, May 8th at 1 p.m. EST when Willem Ryan, Senior Product Marketing Manager at Avigilon, will discuss how IT... All Networking White Papers | Webcasts