The Pope goes YouTube
Papal YouTube channel goes live, carrying speeches and news of the pontiff
Computerworld - The Vatican, reaching out to a growing Web 2.0 audience, has launched its own channel on YouTube.
For the Roman Catholic Church, creating a YouTube channel "is a good idea," said Dan Olds, an analyst at Gabriel Consulting Group Inc., in an interview last week. "In fact, it's one of their best ideas. The problem for the church is getting to the grass roots in a vast worldwide audience. They have to get their message to people in the medium that they're using."
This isn't the Vatican's first foray into the online world.
About 14 years ago, the Vatican launched its own Web site, offering access to the Vatican Secret Archives and the Vatican Museums. It even sports a section in Latin.
The Catholic News Service, which is connected with the Vatican, is no technical slouch either, running its own Facebook page, which includes the pope's greeting last week to President Barack Obama as well as news stories, notes and blogs.
Read more about Web Apps in Computerworld's Web Apps Topic Center.
- 15 Non-Certified IT Skills Growing in Demand
- How 19 Tech Titans Target Healthcare
- Twitter Suffering From Growing Pains (and Facebook Comparisons)
- Agile Comes to Data Integration
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- Face Time Anytime Real-time communications facilitates team collaboration from nearly anywhere in the world. With facts and figures you can use to justify an investment
- Riverbed Stingray Application Firewall: Securing Cloud Applications with a Distributed Web Application Firewall Responsibility over IT security is moving away from the network and IT infrastructure and to the application and software architecture itself. IT organizations...
- Now is the time to implement a video conference solution Video conferencing is getting a lot of buzz lately due to the recent cost decrease, making it tangible for many law firms. It's...
- Video drives engagement Achieving maximum results means building a solid platform and network infrastructure. As digital age unfolds, it's clear that the ability to communicate effectively...
- Webinar: Building a Big Data solution that's production-ready Big data solutions are no longer just a nice-to-have.
- Meg Whitman presents Unlocking IT with Big Data During this Web Event you will hear Meg Whitman, President and CEO, HP discuss HAVEn - the #1 Big Data platform, as well... All Web Apps White Papers | Webcasts