Facebook hits milestone -- 150 million users
Facebook has almost 75 million daily users in 170 countries and on every continent
Computerworld - It was a good way for Facebook Inc. executives to welcome in the new year.
Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg noted in his blog yesterday that the social networking site had hit a big milestone -- 150 million people are actively using Facebook. And another statistic of note is that nearly half of them use the network on a daily basis.
"This includes people in every continent -- even Antarctica," wrote Zuckerberg. "If Facebook were a country, it would be the eighth most populated in the world, just ahead of Japan, Russia and Nigeria."
The CEO also noted that people from 170 countries and territories use Facebook in 35 different languages.
Facebook grabbed a lot of attention and most likely a lot of new users during last year's political campaign. Presidential candidates Sen. Barack Obama and Sen. John McCain led the charge by heavily using social networking sites like Facebook, making the Internet a major political stomping ground. Obama's campaign was particularly successful, easily topping McCain in Facebook friends and Internet searches.
Read more about Web Apps in Computerworld's Web Apps Topic Center.
- How Network Connections Drive Web Application Performance Users around the globe, on all sorts of devices, expect Web applications to function as seamlessly as desktop applications. This paper discusses the...
- The Business Value of Continuous Delivery Download this whitepaper to learn more about the business value of Continuous Delivery and see why it could be a game changer for...
- Ten Factors Shaping the Future of Application Delivery Download this research report conducted by Enterprise Management Associates (EMA) to learn how those that are seeking to accelerate application delivery are leveraging...
- Software Asset Management: Ensuring Today's Assets Today's trends like BYOD and SaaS are new and exciting in terms of how they will help make our jobs more productive but...
- On-demand webinar - 7 Keys to Service Catalog Implementation Success Watch this webinar to learn 7 crucial keys to make your service catalog a success!
- Transform Your IT Service Management Watch this webinar, to learn how EasyVista can increase IT productivity & efficiency and deliver streamlined & integrated IT Service & Asset Mgmt. All Web Apps White Papers | Webcasts