Macworld - Reed Exhibitions will not hold Apple Expo Paris in 2009. The show organizers confirmed its plans for Macworld on Wednesday.
Apple Inc. has slowly been moving away from the Paris exposition for the past several years. In 2005, Apple canceled CEO Steve Jobs' keynote in Paris, although Apple and Jobs still attended the show. That was Jobs' first appearance in Paris since undergoing pancreatic cancer surgery in August 2004.
In 2008, Apple said it would not participate in the Paris expo at all, saying it would be participating in fewer trade shows.
Of course, on Tuesday, Apple announced that 2009 would be its last year at the largest Mac gathering, Macworld Conference & Expo, held in San Francisco. Jobs will also not be giving the keynote address at the company's last appearance at the show.
Apple bails on Macworld Expo
- Apple: No Jobs keynote at Macworld '09
- A fan's notes: Macworld without Apple
- Opinion: Apple at the Expo: What went wrong?
- Apple community in a post-Macworld world
- Preston Gralla: Finally! Say good-bye to Apple fanboys
- Steven J. Vaughan-Nichols: Steve Jobs' health doesn't matter
- Ken Gagne: Macworld doesn't need Steve Jobs
- Dan Tynan: Macworld is dead; is CES next?
- Apple Expo Paris canceled
- Enable secure remote access to 3D data without sacrificing visual perfomance Design and manufacturing companies must adapt quickly to the demands of an increasingly global and competitive economy. To speed time to market for...
- Simplifying Product Design In A Complex World Product design engineering has moved far beyond the confines of ever-more powerful workstations. Companies can't afford to restrict projects to using only local...
- A Reference Architecture for the Internet of Things The aim of this is to provide Architects and Developers of IoT projects with an effective starting point that covers the major requirements...
- How to Reduce Hardware & Infrastructure Costs Through Data In this paper, we take a look at how organizations are revisiting their network and server architecture in a bid to address the...
- NSS Labs & Cisco Present: Evaluating Leading Breach Detection Systems Today's constantly evolving advanced malware and APTs can evade point-in-time defenses to penetrate networks. Security professionals must evolve their strategy in lockstep to...
- Will the Real Endpoint Threat Detection and Response Please Stand Up? This webinar explores new technologies & process for protecting endpoints from advanced attackers as well as the innovations that are pushing the envelope... All Hardware White Papers | Webcasts
Our new weekly Consumerization of IT newsletter covers a wide range of trends including BYOD, smartphones, tablets, MDM, cloud, social and what it all means for IT. Subscribe now and stay up to date!