Microsoft offers zero-percent financing for ERP, CRM
The deal is for purchases between $20,000 and $1M
IDG News Service - Hoping to spark sales as companies put the squeeze on capital spending, Microsoft Corp. said today that new customers of its Dynamics ERP and CRM applications in some parts of the world can apply for zero-percent, 36-month financing.
The deal, through Microsoft Financing, is good on purchases with pricing between $20,000 and $1 million. It applies to licensing and "first-year enhancement costs" on Dynamics NAV, AX, GP and SL, as well as Dynamics CRM.
Microsoft is also offering standard financing rates on other ownership expenses, such as partner services and customization work.
The zero-percent promotion is available in the U.S., U.K., Australia, Belgium, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, New Zealand, Spain and Switzerland.
While Microsoft's offer is for a limited time, it hasn't set an end date, according to a spokeswoman. The offer does not apply to Dynamics CRM Online, which is sold by subscription, she added.
Microsoft's move fits into a recent trend, reported by The Wall Street Journal, where vendors lend more money to customers.
But one industry observer questioned whether Microsoft's move will have a major impact on sales.
"I'd be stunned if that really influences anyone," said AMR Research analyst Bruce Richardson. "I think it gets your attention and maybe you take a look at [Dynamics] if you're thinking about that versus Salesforce."
Price is only one part of choosing a software package, Richardson said. Customers also must weigh factors such as the amount of training users will need or the logistics of importing legacy data to the new system, he said.
Richardson compared the Microsoft offer to the zero-percent financing deals frequently offered by automakers such as General Motors. It's not as if customers base their decision solely on the fact they'll save money, as opposed to the car or truck's features, he said. "You have to really want that GM vehicle."
- How to Pick a Unified Communications System That Kicks Your Competition's UCaaS Companies the world over are learning how to connect with customers using superior unified communications and CRM. Is your competition one of them?
- Learn How IBM Transformed Their Sales Team with SugarCRM IBM leveraged Sugar's unique user-focused CRM to transform its global sales organization, successfully deploying a new system for reps that manage millions of...
- Avoid these common pitfalls when choosing a cloud CRM It's Your Data - Own It! View Now>>
- No Longer a Necessary Evil: How Modern CRM Empowers Sales Management Benefits of Individualized CRM. View Now>>
- NSS Labs & Cisco Present: Evaluating Leading Breach Detection Systems Today's constantly evolving advanced malware and APTs can evade point-in-time defenses to penetrate networks. Security professionals must evolve their strategy in lockstep to...
- Will the Real Endpoint Threat Detection and Response Please Stand Up? This webinar explores new technologies & process for protecting endpoints from advanced attackers as well as the innovations that are pushing the envelope... All CRM White Papers | Webcasts