Microsoft offers zero-percent financing for ERP, CRM
The deal is for purchases between $20,000 and $1M
IDG News Service - Hoping to spark sales as companies put the squeeze on capital spending, Microsoft Corp. said today that new customers of its Dynamics ERP and CRM applications in some parts of the world can apply for zero-percent, 36-month financing.
The deal, through Microsoft Financing, is good on purchases with pricing between $20,000 and $1 million. It applies to licensing and "first-year enhancement costs" on Dynamics NAV, AX, GP and SL, as well as Dynamics CRM.
Microsoft is also offering standard financing rates on other ownership expenses, such as partner services and customization work.
The zero-percent promotion is available in the U.S., U.K., Australia, Belgium, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, New Zealand, Spain and Switzerland.
While Microsoft's offer is for a limited time, it hasn't set an end date, according to a spokeswoman. The offer does not apply to Dynamics CRM Online, which is sold by subscription, she added.
Microsoft's move fits into a recent trend, reported by The Wall Street Journal, where vendors lend more money to customers.
But one industry observer questioned whether Microsoft's move will have a major impact on sales.
"I'd be stunned if that really influences anyone," said AMR Research analyst Bruce Richardson. "I think it gets your attention and maybe you take a look at [Dynamics] if you're thinking about that versus Salesforce."
Price is only one part of choosing a software package, Richardson said. Customers also must weigh factors such as the amount of training users will need or the logistics of importing legacy data to the new system, he said.
Richardson compared the Microsoft offer to the zero-percent financing deals frequently offered by automakers such as General Motors. It's not as if customers base their decision solely on the fact they'll save money, as opposed to the car or truck's features, he said. "You have to really want that GM vehicle."
- Whitepaper: Configure or Customize? In this paper, we examine the high cost of making and supporting customizations to client/server-based applications as well as the differences between configuration...
- Forrester Report: The ROI of Software as a Service Read Forrester's review of 11 vendors in SaaS enterprise resource planning (ERP), customer relationship management (CRM), and supply chain management (SCM).
- Patient Portals: A Platform for Connecting Communities of Care Connecting patient health data across the care continuum is essential to achieve improved care, increased access to personal health records and lowered costs.
- 3 Ways Clinicians Can Leverage a Patient Portal to Craft a Healthcare Community With a bevy of vendors offering patient portal solutions, it can be challenging for a hospital to know where to start. Fortunately, YourCareCommunity...
- LIVE EVENT: 5/7, The End of Data Protection As We Know It. Introducing a Next Generation Data Protection Architecture. Traditional backup is going away, but where does this leave end-users?
- On-demand webinar: "Mobility Mayhem: Balancing BYOD with Enterprise Security" Check out this on-demand webinar to hear Sophos senior security expert John Shier deep dive into how BYOD impacts your enterprise security strategy... All CRM White Papers | Webcasts