Brief: Microsoft's BI general manager leaving
Bill Baker helped develop Office PerformancePoint Server
Computerworld - Microsoft Corp. announced today that Bill Baker, a Microsoft distinguished engineer and general manager of business intelligence applications for the Microsoft Office Business Platform team, is leaving the company.
Baker, who led the team that built the Office PerformancePoint Server and has led the SQL Server BI unit, will be leaving at the end of this month to become chief technology officer at Visible Technologies. Seattle-based Visible Technologies provides online brand management services and tools for activities such as blog monitoring and word-of-mouth marketing. Baker joined Microsoft in 1996 as general manager of the Internet Application Server Group. He also led teams that designed and developed SQL Server Integration Services, SQL Server Analysis Services, SQL Server Reporting Services and SQL Server Notification Services.
"Bill will help ensure a smooth transition takes place, allowing Microsoft to continue providing strong BI and performance management solutions for customers and build on the strong momentum achieved within the industry," the company said in a statement.
Microsoft did not respond to a request for information about plans for Baker's replacement.
Read more about Management in Computerworld's Management Topic Center.
- Silicon Valley's 19 Coolest Places to Work
- Is Windows 8 Development Worth the Trouble?
- 8 Books Every IT Leader Should Read This Year
- 10 Hot Hadoop Startups to Watch
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- CIOs Deliver Productivity Breakthroughs with Intelligent Digital Signage Retailers have long recognized the influence that digital signage provides over a shopper's point-of-purchase decision making process.
- ERP in the Cloud and the Modern Business View IDC's White Paper, to review IDC CloudTrack Survey findings, gain expert insight into the challenges and opportunities the cloud presents, and determine...
- Study: Total Economic Impact of Google Apps Employees can work faster and IT spending can decrease when companies switch to Google Apps, says a commissioned study by Forrester Consulting. Going...
- Protecting Digitalized Assets in Healthcare Healthcare providers face an urgent, internal battle every day: security and compliance versus productivity and service. For most healthcare organizations, the fight is...
- Increasing the Value of Your Reports and Dashboards Learn how incorporating other analytical capabilities such as predictive modeling and visualization can increase the value of your reports and dashboards by providing...
- Video surveillance for IT: maximum image quality, minimum bandwidth Join us on Thursday, May 8th at 1 p.m. EST when Willem Ryan, Senior Product Marketing Manager at Avigilon, will discuss how IT... All Management White Papers | Webcasts