Brief: Microsoft's BI general manager leaving
Bill Baker helped develop Office PerformancePoint Server
Computerworld - Microsoft Corp. announced today that Bill Baker, a Microsoft distinguished engineer and general manager of business intelligence applications for the Microsoft Office Business Platform team, is leaving the company.
Baker, who led the team that built the Office PerformancePoint Server and has led the SQL Server BI unit, will be leaving at the end of this month to become chief technology officer at Visible Technologies. Seattle-based Visible Technologies provides online brand management services and tools for activities such as blog monitoring and word-of-mouth marketing. Baker joined Microsoft in 1996 as general manager of the Internet Application Server Group. He also led teams that designed and developed SQL Server Integration Services, SQL Server Analysis Services, SQL Server Reporting Services and SQL Server Notification Services.
"Bill will help ensure a smooth transition takes place, allowing Microsoft to continue providing strong BI and performance management solutions for customers and build on the strong momentum achieved within the industry," the company said in a statement.
Microsoft did not respond to a request for information about plans for Baker's replacement.
Read more about Management in Computerworld's Management Topic Center.
- 15 Non-Certified IT Skills Growing in Demand
- How 19 Tech Titans Target Healthcare
- Twitter Suffering From Growing Pains (and Facebook Comparisons)
- Agile Comes to Data Integration
- Slideshow: 7 security mistakes people make with their mobile device
- iOS vs. Android: Which is more secure?
- 11 sure signs you've been hacked
- Future Focus: What's Coming in Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) Find out why Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) solutions that are truly future-ready must be designed to enable Machine-to-Machine (M2M) capabilities and much more.
- The CIO's Guide to Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) This guide will help those making an EMM platform decision make the best choice for their organization.
- Yankee Group: BlackBerry Results Refute Rumors of its Demise Yankee Group: BlackBerry® is stronger than the press makes it out to be.
- Your New EMM Platform: How to Streamline the Migration Smartphone migration can be resource-intensive and challenging. Find out how outsourcing the process can save significant time and money.
- Live Webcast Increasing the Value of Your Reports and Dashboards Learn how incorporating other analytical capabilities such as predictive modeling and visualization can increase the value of your reports and dashboards by providing...
- Testimonial: Cystic Fibrosis Trust Peter Hawkins, the Head of IT for Cystic Fibrosis Trust, discusses the role CommVault's Simpana software platform plays in improving the company's information...
- Increasing the Value of Your Reports and Dashboards Learn how incorporating other analytical capabilities such as predictive modeling and visualization can increase the value of your reports and dashboards by providing... All Management White Papers | Webcasts