Brief: Microsoft's BI general manager leaving
Bill Baker helped develop Office PerformancePoint Server
Computerworld - Microsoft Corp. announced today that Bill Baker, a Microsoft distinguished engineer and general manager of business intelligence applications for the Microsoft Office Business Platform team, is leaving the company.
Baker, who led the team that built the Office PerformancePoint Server and has led the SQL Server BI unit, will be leaving at the end of this month to become chief technology officer at Visible Technologies. Seattle-based Visible Technologies provides online brand management services and tools for activities such as blog monitoring and word-of-mouth marketing. Baker joined Microsoft in 1996 as general manager of the Internet Application Server Group. He also led teams that designed and developed SQL Server Integration Services, SQL Server Analysis Services, SQL Server Reporting Services and SQL Server Notification Services.
"Bill will help ensure a smooth transition takes place, allowing Microsoft to continue providing strong BI and performance management solutions for customers and build on the strong momentum achieved within the industry," the company said in a statement.
Microsoft did not respond to a request for information about plans for Baker's replacement.
Read more about Management in Computerworld's Management Topic Center.
Oracle Software Licensing: The Value of Resellers
NEW white paper explores real-world insights and:
* The Rise of Audits
* Compliance Spend
* SAM and Compliance
* Working Directly with a...
- ACM Leadership Guide Knowledge worker effectiveness has emerged as a top priority to both optimize the customer experience and help employees work more efficiently. See how...
- Global Growing Pains: Tapping into B2B Integration Services to Overcome Global Expansion Challenges A recent survey by IDG Research explored both the challenges and pain points companies face when growing globally, as well as the capabilities...
- PCI 3.0 Compliance In this white paper, learn how PCI-DSS 3.0 effects how you deploy and maintain PCI compliant networks using CradlePoint devices.
- E-Signature RFP Checklist Webcast If your organization is looking to adopt e-signatures, you may be overwhelmed by the number of providers that offer seemingly similar solutions. How...
- Expert Panel: Enterprise Mobility and Data Loss Prevention When it comes to enterprise mobility, it's not just about devices, it's about the way people work. Hear this expert panel discuss the... All Management White Papers | Webcasts